Poll: Which alternate helmet do you most want?
Inverse (black with orange stripes)
White tiger (white with black stripes)
Throwback "Bengals"
Other (Specify in comments)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NFL - 1 Alternate Helmet Approved for 2022 - Which alternate helmet do you most want?
https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-approves-alternate-helmets-beginning-in-2022

Here are the requirements:
Quote:The revised policy allows teams to utilize a second (alternate color) approved helmet to pair with their Alternate, Classic and/or Color Rush uniforms. All uses of alternate helmets must follow the set forth parameters:

-Clubs must obtain an entire new set of alternate color helmets for all players
-Alternate color helmets must be the same make, model and size as the applicable player's primary helmet
-Alternate color helmets must be made available to all players at the start of training camp and should be fit at the same time as the primary helmet
-Alternate color helmets must be worn in practice at a minimum during the week leading up to the game in which they will be used

Teams must inform the league office of their intent to use an alternate helmet in 2022 by no later than July 31, 2021. So, we'll know this year which teams plan to utilize throwback/alternate helmets in 2022.

Which alternate do you most want to see next year?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Really wanted to go with the throwback Bengals helmet but not sure how that’ll look with the jerseys. Might not be bad with the new Jersey’s but I went with the white tiger.

Someday I’d love to see the full old school jerseys and helmets for a game though
Reply/Quote
The throwback is arguably one of the ugliest and plain-looking helmets ever, so I would never vote that; we're not the Browns.

Personally, I don't feel any of the mockups we've ever seen for the ones in the poll have ever been that great, but if I had a choice, it would be black stripes on white.

One of the concepts in the famous pic of PB, would be a second choice.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I predict a landslide for the white/black.
Reply/Quote
Isn't Orange our alternate Uniforms? Unsure a black/white helmet would looks good with it.

Now a black helmet with Orange Stripes or White with Orange stripes (whichever bottom is chosen...)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 03:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Isn't Orange our alternate Uniforms? Unsure a black/white helmet would looks good with it.

Excellent point.  I did not think of that.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 03:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Isn't Orange our alternate Uniforms? Unsure a black/white helmet would looks good with it.

Now a black helmet with Orange Stripes or White with Orange stripes (whichever bottom is chosen...)

However the all white qualifies as the color rush uniform so it is eligible for the alternate helmet

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 05:15 PM)pally Wrote: However the all white qualifies as the color rush uniform so it is eligible for the alternate helmet

Pretty sure the old color rush is now our new white unis:

[Image: burrow-nameplate.png?imageOpt=1&fit=boun...&width=928]

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 05:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure the old color rush is now our new white unis:

[Image: burrow-nameplate.png?imageOpt=1&fit=boun...&width=928]

Why is Joe wearing a diaper?
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why is Joe wearing a diaper?

If you listen to this board probably because he shits himself every time he has to play behind our OL…

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 06:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If you listen to this board probably because he shits himself every time he has to play behind our OL…

And those people would be correct.

The line is still dreadful btw

Has been since 2016
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 07:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: And those people would be correct.

The line is still dreadful btw

Has been since 2016

You have no idea what the current state of the OL is going to look like. 2 new starters (Reiff & Carman), a full offseason for Spain, and a hell of an upgrade at OL coach/run game coordinator.

But yes, the line has sucked for a while now. My point was people are prone to hyperbolic statements about just how bad it’s been.

Reply/Quote
I would go with the White & Black but I am also afraid that it would look like an old time prison uniform or Beetlejuice.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
A solid black matte helmet or a mostly solid black matte with the ever-so-slightest bit of orange highlight might look good with the alternate unis. 
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 08:11 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: A solid black matte helmet or a mostly solid black matte with the ever-so-slightest bit of orange highlight might look good with the alternate unis. 

Solid matte black would be cool.  No accents, just plain black.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 08:11 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: A solid black matte helmet or a mostly solid black matte with the ever-so-slightest bit of orange highlight might look good with the alternate unis. 

I think a matte black with a tiger head could look good.

Reply/Quote
Definitely not the inverse, of course went white tiger. Use the color rush jerseys with the white helmet and black stripes.

Thought we should of done this the first time I saw those white and black color rush jerseys.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 08:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definitely not the inverse, of course went white tiger. Use the color rush jerseys with the white helmet and black stripes.

Thought we should of done this the first time I saw those white and black color rush jerseys.

Pretty sure we don't have color rush anymore. The white is one of our primary jerseys. 

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 08:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure we don't have color rush anymore. The white is one of our primary jerseys. 

Correct.

Home - Black
Away - White
Alternate - orange

There would be no reason to wear the old color rush anymore as they’d be too similar to our new whites.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why is Joe wearing a diaper?

I'm more concerned that those fingers look like ET. 

Reply/Quote