Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL DIVISION CHANGES
Every year the NFL makes changes in the rules etc. Some are good and some are just not right. And then there are teams that should face eachother because of their geographic location. Here is how i would put teams in their right division.
AFC EAST - PATRIOTS, BILLS, RAVENS, JETS
AFC NORTH - BENGALS, BROWNS, COLTS, STEELERS
AFC SOUTH - TITANS, DOLPHINS, JAGUARS, TEXANS
AFC WEST - CHIEFS, BRONCOS, RAIDERS, CHARGERS

NFC EAST - GIANTS, EAGLES, WASHINGTON, PANTHERS
NFC NORTH - VIKINGS, PACKERS, LIONS, BEARS
NFC SOUTH - SAINTS, COWBOYS, BUCCANEERS, FALCONS
NFC WEST - RAMS, CARDINALS 49ERS, SEAHAWKS

Now i know peopLe will say, cant move the Cowboys away froM the rivalry with Eagles, Giants. Sure you can, get over it. Its way over played. A new rivalry can emerge between the Saints and Cowboys. Patriots , Bills and Ravens. ETC.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 02:31 PM)Bigcatfan Wrote: Every year the NFL makes changes in the rules etc. Some are good and some are just not right. And then there are teams that should face eachother because of their geographic location. Here is how i would put teams in their right division.

Now i know peopLe will say, cant move the Cowboys away froM the rivalry with Eagles, Giants. Sure you can, get over it. Its way over played. A new rivalry can emerge between the Saints and Cowboys. Patriots , Bills and Ravens. ETC.

If anyone gets moved out of the AFCN, it will be the Stealers to keep them relevant. I also don't see them stacking that much opposition to the Patriots, who have had an easy division the whole time Brady was there. Your scenario makes sense, I just don't think the NFL will make those two moves.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 02:31 PM)Bigcatfan Wrote: Every year the NFL makes changes in the rules etc. Some are good and some are just not right. And then there are teams that should face eachother because of their geographic location. Here is how i would put teams in their right division.

Cant Separate Cowboys and WFT... too much history there
Reply/Quote
They won’t realign until another round of expansion happens, and maybe not even then. It has been rumored that the league has actually discussed expanding to 36, then 40 teams, but it might need even bigger shakeups if that happens. (10) 4 team divisions? (8) 5 team divisions? What would be the best format?

They already ruined the perfect 16 game schedule, they may as well ruin the 16-16 structure of the league itself.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In Baseball..The Reds were in the western division while both the Cards and Cubs were eastern forever until the second realignment (weird huh?). The first realignment had Milwaukee in the American league east I believe as well, but it was really when they started divisional play being the fist realignment..Used to be just National and American leagues.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 02:40 PM)grampahol Wrote: In Baseball..The Reds were in the western division while both the Cards and Cubs were eastern forever until the second realignment (weird huh?). The first realignment had Milwaukee in the American league east I believe as well, but it was really when they started divisional play being the fist realignment..Used to be just National and American leagues.. 

The Braves were also in the Western Division. And until recently the NL Central had six teams while all other divisions had five, except for the AL West which only had four. I thought it was unfair for the Reds or any other team in the Central to have to beat out five other teams to win the division when in other divisions a team only had to beat out four, and in the AL west they only had to beat out three. Finally MLB wised up and moved the Astros to the AL West to even up all the divisions.
Reply/Quote
these make sense.

almost too much sense.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:00 PM)BengalRed Wrote: The Braves were also in the Western Division. And until recently the NL Central had six teams while all other divisions had five, except for the AL West which only had four. I thought it was unfair for the Reds or any other team in the Central to have to beat out five other teams to win the division when in other divisions a team only had to beat out four, and in the AL west they only had to beat out three. Finally MLB wised up and moved the Astros to the AL West to even up all the divisions.

Forgot about the braves who used to be Milwaukee who used to be Boston.. When I was a kid I used to believe the Reds, Cards and Phillies were allied teams just because they all had red uniforms.. LOL

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

In this alignment both the Patriots and Bills are further NORTH than any team in the AFC NORTH.
The AFC NORTH should be re-named the AFC CENTRAL, regardless.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:09 PM)Tomkat Wrote: In this alignment both the Patriots and Bills are further NORTH than any team in the AFC NORTH.

If the NFL ever becomes truly international with teams all around the world central will be equatorial teams? Somewhere in Ukraine maybe?  Tongue

Reply/Quote

This isn't really a thread for JN....

Regardless, why would you even want to realign?  What's wrong with the current divisions?  I don't understand this thread.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:22 PM)basballguy Wrote: This isn't really a thread for JN....

Regardless, why would you even want to realign?  What's wrong with the current divisions?  I don't understand this thread.

Geopolitically pondering.. One of those geography mind games, but add math to it and you get word problems with If Johnny ran 50 miles in one direction and Sally 12 miles in the opposite direction how long does it take for either one to come down with a social disease?  Smirk

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:09 PM)Tomkat Wrote: In this alignment both the Patriots and Bills are further NORTH than any team in the AFC NORTH.

Wow. I'm feeling all so nostalgic once I saw that...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:27 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Wow. I'm feeling all so nostalgic once I saw that...

You know what they say.. Nostalgia is a seductive liar..  Cool

Reply/Quote
OP makes sense, and I had that thought before as well, especially about the AFC. I would like for their to be logical geographical groupings like this, but then, I like to rearrange stock on store shelves if it's mis-aligned.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

This is why they should just rename the divisions to something non-geographic. Hell, just call them AFC 1, 2, 3, and 4 if they can't get creative.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 03:09 PM)grampahol Wrote: Forgot about the braves who used to be Milwaukee who used to be Boston.. When I was a kid I used to believe the Reds, Cards and Phillies were allied teams just because they all had red uniforms.. LOL

Yep. Of course when the Braves were still in Milwaukee there was just a National League and American League. There were no divisions.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 04:13 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This is why they should just rename the divisions to something non-geographic. Hell, just call them AFC 1, 2, 3, and 4 if they can't get creative.

They should rename the AFC North The Burrow League since he's going to own it (hopefully) for the next 10 to 15 years.
Reply/Quote

The TV networks would never let happen what I always wanted to do. This will shorten most road trips for the fans but increase demand on tickets. so there would be pluses and minuses

AFC EAST - PATRIOTS, BILLS, GIANTS, JETS
AFC NORTH - BENGALS, BROWNS, STEELERS, EAGLES
AFC SOUTH - DOLPHINS, JAGUARS, COLTS, BUCCANEERS,
AFC WEST - CHIEFS, BRONCOS, RAIDERS, CARDINALS 

NFC EAST - RAVENS, WASHINGTON, PANTHERS, FALCONS
NFC SOUTH - SAINTS, COWBOYS, TEXANS, TITANS 
NFC WEST - RAMS, CHARGERS, 49ERS, SEAHAWKS
Probably should swap the Titans and the Colts but I threw in Houston vs left Houston or "They're just not into Houston". I would also swap out the Seahawks with the Raiders if they were still in Oakland to create an all California division
(02-01-2022, 02:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cant Separate Cowboys and WFT... too much history there

Really? I could see that when they were both relevant. When was the last time in mid-season you thought "Cowboys vs Redskins/WFT? Now THIS is a game I need to watch!"? It's been a loooooong time since I felt that way about their rivalry. Joe Gibbs era, maybe? They may have had end of season match ups with the playoffs on the line but most of their games are just games on the schedule now.
(02-01-2022, 02:39 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: They won’t realign until another round of expansion happens, and maybe not even then. It has been rumored that the league has actually discussed expanding to 36, then 40 teams, but it might need even bigger shakeups if that happens. (10) 4 team divisions? (8) 5 team divisions? What would be the best format?

They already ruined the perfect 16 game schedule, they may as well ruin the 16-16 structure of the league itself.

I've always felt that they have their eyes on teams outside of the USA. A division of London and Frankfurt with probably Amsterdam and maybe Toronto or Mexico City

I could easily see 40 teams. 5 divisions with 4 teams in each conference with the 5th place division winner not getting a home game in the 1st round of the playoffs.
4 Wild Card teams with everybody getting a bye the first week of the playoffs except for the #8 and #9 seeds which will bring back the original "Wild Card Weekend" as they more or less play a play-in game to face the #1 seed. After a long season, I think that letting every team get a bye week to heal up and rest will give the fans better football and one more week of playoffs on TV.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 04:29 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Really? I could see that when the were both relevant. When was the last time in mid-season you thought "Cowboys vs Redskins/WFT? Now THIS is a game I need to watch!"? It's been a loooooong time since I felt that way about their rivalry. Joe Gibbs era, maybe? They may have had end of season match ups with the playoffs on the line but most of their games are just games on the schedule now.

That doesnt Matter Like the Browns/Bengals have been a Rivalry since the Bengals Formation.. Even if one team was horribly bad for several years or in this case both of them....   

Being in the Same State they shouldnt even be in the Same Conference.  But you cant break those 2 up either imo.
Reply/Quote