Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NFL Fixed???
(01-11-2017, 01:24 PM)McC Wrote: Not to derail the thread, but if Connelly was the target, why was he hit once and Kennedy twice?  I've heard a lot of theories on that thing but never this one.

Just sent PM to you.
Reply/Quote
The NFL is not a fair sport at all its a BUSINESS. I find it pretty odd, that in a year here NFL ratings are down 10%, that ALL of the little darlings of the league Pitt, GB, Dallas, NE, Seattle not only made the playoffs, but were assured to have advanced. I mean none of last weeks games were even close. Who really believes the Super Bowl will be KC vs Atlanta? Not because they dont have the talent to compete and win in NE or Dallas, but just because we know "the league" wont allow it. It doesn't take much to swing a game from a referee standpoint, a couple Oline holding penalties called or not stalling drives to keep an Offense in or out of rhythm. Calling or not calling receiver contact, push offs, illegal picks can go a long way in determining a final score. I am leaning towards the fact this league is just complete and utter crap.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 11:41 AM)Au165 Wrote: I'm not going to go down that rabbit hole comparison, but for the sake of bring it back around your example occurred before the internet cell phones and cameras the size of business cards. We live in a different world today, where keeping anything of magnitude secret is tough for even our government.

Now hear this,i been around the nfl for 45 years and I seriously believe they are crooked reps and they have one thing in mind.MONEY !!!!! In the old days there was a lot of interigy and honesty was real.Now-adays this world has adopted a me first attitude and it has affected everyone where there is a ton of money involved.The NFL we see today could care less about the rules,its all about the big bucks sittin there just waiting for a crooked ref or owner or anyone that can get the fix in.Fans are just clueless about this,but if you have watched as many games as me after the game is over and I dvd it and then watch it 5-6 times.i will tell you for sure a lot of calls are made that changes games,and I am talking a lot of this happens to teams that are not liked by the big boyes.Our Bengals are hammered most every game,especially against the steelers,and ravens.I could honesty see the Steelers winning it all and I have said this for months, if they beat the chiefs,they will go all the way and when they get in the super bowl they will win it. No team gets by with holding on offense more than them.They hold and take down defensive players more than any team.The commish likes the rooneys.

Hell yes,its a crooked nfl these daysTeams that are hated in the nfl have to play error free to win.its a fact. Nothing will change in 2017.Our guys will still have to outplay their schedule and beat the refs at their game,and you need a coach that protests every flag and do it with authority.So far old marv just stands there and does NOTHING.HES TOO NICE TO BE A TAKE ALL PRISIONERS.He needs to be a beast on the sidelines all game,or else sit on the bench and let your coaches hammer the refs.
Reply/Quote
We need to hire Bob Huggins to stand on the sidelines solely to tell at the officials.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't feel like anyone in this thread actually watched the videos.

I mean, how do you really explain the way that the NFL chooses refs for playoff games. Why wouldn't they choose the highest graded refs during the regular season to ref the post season games? This has always been the most telling sign for me. They choose something like 4/7 of the superbowl refs before the season even starts... seems like covering their bases.

It's been fixed since the days of Franco. We all know the ball touched the ground.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 10:07 AM)Au165 Wrote: There is no fix, and it is kind of comical to believe there is. What people always seem to forget in a conspiracy is how many people they have to keep quiet in an age where book deals can make even the lowest rung of a conspiracy into a multi millionaire.  The video is wrong in saying that there is no law against fixing their own games as there are some round about laws that could cause issues. If they in fact pay the officials more, or provide a benefit of some sort, for doing the fix it would fall under match fixing laws and would subject the person doing it and encouraging it to prosecution. If they can prove that multiple owners were in on it, and it was prevalent across the whole league, they could actually use RICO and go after everyone.
I could agree with you except I also believed the FBI was "UNTOUCHABLE". Silly me. Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 02:33 PM)bambino5130 Wrote: The NFL is not a fair sport at all its a BUSINESS. I find it pretty odd, that in a year here NFL ratings are down 10%, that ALL of the little darlings of the league Pitt, GB, Dallas, NE, Seattle not only made the playoffs, but were assured to have advanced. I mean none of last weeks games were even close. Who really believes the Super Bowl will be KC vs Atlanta? Not because they dont have the talent to compete and win in NE or Dallas, but just because we know "the league" wont allow it. It doesn't take much to swing a game from a referee standpoint, a couple Oline holding penalties called or not stalling drives to keep an Offense in or out of rhythm. Calling or not calling receiver contact, push offs, illegal picks can go a long way in determining a final score. I am leaning towards the fact this league is just complete and utter crap.

Off the topic a bit, but I don't like the NFL accepting draftees who are underclassmen. Wish they would go back to previous rules. Maybe because so many Buckeyes jump ship for the bright lights and bigger paychecks in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 01:55 PM)Trademark Wrote: Who really knows this year's playoffs has all the big market teams...Anyways if the NFL is fixed, expect the Bengals to win their first super bowl next season with it being Marvin's last before he retires

Green Bay is the NFL's smallest market
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 11:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Green Bay is the NFL's smallest market

And one of the largest fanbases.

Market size shouldn't be the focus of this comparison it should be off size of fanbase and revenue generated from merchandise. That is where you might notice an interesting parallel between teams that seem to always be in the playoffs.

There are most certainly some things that make you scratch your head at times though about the NFL....Manning being garbage all season but going out on top, the wins for teams that line up perfectly with events in their regions, it just leaves room for doubt about it being unscripted. Compare it to MLB where there is no salary cap and dynasties can be bought and paid for, yet even the best teams don't have runs of dominance like the Patriots of late, it defies the law of averages.

Food for thought, Super Bowl I was Green Bay vs Kansas City.... oh what fun the league could have with the story line there, plus Rodgers the 24th pick vs Smith the 1st pick in the same draft, and then after all these years labeled a "game manager" Alex Smith realizes his dream and main events Wrestlemania to win the title.  Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2017, 11:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Green Bay is the NFL's smallest market

Smallest market based on what? 

They have one of the largest fan bases in the NFL. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I really wish the NFL had separate TV announcers for each team. They have this for hockey, basketball, and baseball because of Fox Sports regional channels.
I find the "neutral" announcers are typically boring and often biased to the hotter/more popular team.

Also, I think a big problem with people thinking the NFL is fixed is because the refs always seem to rule in favor of the more popular teams. And to be honest, a computer or a person in a booth with a bunch of camera angles can quickly make the same calls an on-field ref can. The only reasons for on-field refs nowadays really are just for spotting the ball and preventing scuffles.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not sure it is fixed completely but do think it is swayed in the direction they choose for monetary gain.

It was the Seattle vs pittsburgh SB that first raised my suspicion. There were some shady calls in that one. Plus all Bengals steelers games.

If the fix is in you will see Brady get one more this year before retiring and Big Ben getting next years for his swan song. Then let the Cowboys take over for a few.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: If the fix is in you will see Brady get one more this year before retiring and Big Ben getting next years for his swan song. Then let the Cowboys take over for a few.

Yes because they want the guy they suspended for supposedly cheating winning it all.
Reply/Quote
Look, if you're going to fix games and I definitely think they're fixed you still have to sew doubt in people's minds that the games are fixed...LOTS OF DOUBT... So...Brady takes the fall knowing that they're still going to win even when he isn't playing..
These kind of conspiracies don't get cooked up by stupid people and they don't leave a lot to chance. 
If you're going to cook the books you don't leave it to chance that maybe the guy holding a pocket full of loose change might squeel on you. No, you pay that guy to take the fall and let him appear to be the guy who bet his family fortune on the gold mine that never was. 
When people are fixing games there's a lot of people in on it and they cover just as many bases as possible and people who might spill the beans are kept on the outside and not paid. Players aren't paid hundreds of thousands of dollars per game just because team owners are nice guys and just want to share the wealth. 
Why do you think it is that politicians are almost always thought of as crooked? It isn't because politics has a long history of only having upstanding citizens of high moral character. They're all back biters who all know each others dirty little secrets and if one squeels they all squeel. It's mutually assured destruction.  Everyone has their own nuclear bomb just waiting to be lobbed at the other guy.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 10:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Smallest market based on what? 

They have one of the largest fan bases in the NFL. 

The size of the fan base has nothing to do with the market size.

It is the media market.

Green Bay is ranked 68 in the US in market size.

The comment was that the playoffs were comprised of NFL's large market teams only, but Green Bay, Kansas City, and Pittsburgh are all small market teams.

Had the comment been about the size of the fan base instead of market size, it would still not be correct. The Texans, Lions, and Falcons are far from the largest fan bases.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 02:03 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: The size of the fan base has nothing to do with the market size.

It is the media market.

Green Bay is ranked 68 in the US in market size.

The comment was that the playoffs were comprised of NFL's large market teams only, but Green Bay, Kansas City, and Pittsburgh are all small market teams.

Had the comment been about the size of the fan base instead of market size, it would still not be correct. The Texans, Lions, and Falcons are far from the largest fan bases.

He didn't say the playoffs "has all big market teams". He said the playoffs "has all THE big market teams".

Big difference.

He was referring to Dallas, NE, GB, and Pittsburgh. Those are the 4 biggest money makers / fan bases in the NFL.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Falcon just crushed the Seahawks last night.

Seahawks sell a lot more jerseys and make more money for the league at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 02:21 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Falcon just crushed the Seahawks last night.

Seahawks sell a lot more jerseys and make more money for the league at the moment.

True, but Matt Ryan is a big draw right now.

Ryan vs Rodgers, Brady or Ben sounds fantastic on paper.

Not saying I'm fully on the conspiracy side. Just saying.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure it's not flat out fixed. But maybe you do smaller things that could impact games--allowing officials to work games for teams for which they might have a rooting interest, slanting judgement calls, things like that, allowing certain teams to get away with things other teams can't.

The weird part is how ol' Roger went all vendetta against the Patriots, their marquee franchise and Tom Brady, their marquee player, in particular.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2017, 02:28 PM)McC Wrote: I'm sure it's not flat out fixed.  But maybe you do smaller things that could impact games--allowing officials to work games for teams for which they might have a rooting interest, slanting judgement calls, things like that, allowing certain teams to get away with things other teams can't.

I just wonder how they keep the refs from betting on games. Sometimes it seems like that is exactly what is going on. 

Reply/Quote