Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
NFL Fixed???
Fixed? Probably not. Slighted? Definitely.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 04:36 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Fixed? Probably not. Slighted? Definitely.

This.

I have actually seen bad calls against the Steelers. That said, I think they get preferential treatment from the refs most of the time. That "hold" on Fisher against Harrison last night was very questionable. My issue with that call is the time of the game when it was called. When the biggest play of the game is being run, you throw a flag when you are 100% sure there is a penalty. Harrison wasn't near Smith when the hold was called. Bad call at a horrible time. It's not why the Chiefs lost though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2017, 11:56 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: This.

I have actually seen bad calls against the Steelers. That said, I think they get preferential treatment from the refs most of the time. That "hold" on Fisher against Harrison last night was very questionable. My issue with that call is the time of the game when it was called. When the biggest play of the game is being run, you throw a flag when you are 100% sure there is a penalty. Harrison wasn't near Smith when the hold was called. Bad call at a horrible time. It's not why the Chiefs lost though.
Looked like a hold to me. It looked a lot like some of the missed calls when the Bengals played the Steelers in week 2. I didn't see much of them game, so I'm not sure how it was officiated. Looked like the right call to me though. The timing of it definitely sucked.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 12:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Not sure it is fixed completely but do think it is swayed in the direction they choose for monetary gain.

It was the Seattle vs pittsburgh SB that first raised my suspicion. There were some shady calls in that one. Plus all Bengals steelers games.  

If the fix is in you will see Brady get one more this year
before retiring and Big Ben getting next years for his swan song. Then let the Cowboys take over for a few.

hmmm
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 03:56 AM)Thefinalcut813 Wrote: hmmm

Yes because the NFL wanted to highlight that cheating pays. They also wanted to push the awkward interactions of their commissioner and the guy he suspended for four games to the front of all media topics after their biggest event of the season. Oh yea don't forget one of their top owners calling out te league within minutes of being handed the Lombardi trophy. It would have made more sense to say it is fixed if the patriots lose.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 10:43 AM)Au165 Wrote: Yes because the NFL wanted to highlight that cheating pays. They also wanted to push the awkward interactions of their commissioner and the guy he suspended for four games to the front of all media topics after their biggest event of the season. Oh yea don't forget one of their top owners calling out te league within minutes of being handed the Lombardi trophy. It would have made more sense to say it is fixed if the patriots lose.

If Roger Goodell was secretly Vince McMahon, would this really surprise you? LOL
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The NFL didn't care who won that game Sunday night, they cared that it was compelling. And their wildest dreams came true in the form of getting that game to overtime. Well done, NFL. Well done.

Reply/Quote
I believe some NFL games are fixed for certain teams, but I'm not sure who to think the fixer is. You would assume it would be from the NFL brass trying to protect their favorite teams, but what if it's actually Vegas bookies that make it happen? They pay off a ref to make a few calls that go one way and there is a good chance that team is going to win. You would only need a few people involved to fix a game (A coach or ref or a key player). That would make more sense in the case of the Superbowl this year. Or any game for that matter. (ATL only running the ball 5 times the rest of the game after they were up 28-3, The strip sack on a deep bomb call when it was 3rd and 1 and you have an outstanding RB tandem, ATL knocking themselves out of FG range at the end with penalties when it would have put the game away, Freeney jumping offside on the final 2pt conversion just in case). Once the strip sack play happened I thought to myself here we go the fix is in. Now that its been a few days and I've thought about it I now think that is pretty unlikely but still a possibility. All of the calls when they got knocked out of FG range were correct but if one guy is in on the fix it could be real (see 1919 black sox). I think the ATL coach and players just blew it and NE made all the right adjustments and got lucky. I know how that works all too well being a die hard Cincy fan... With the amount of corrupt secrets coming out during this past election cycle, I think anything is possible. Especially a business as big as the NFL.
Reply/Quote
If the NFL wanted NE to win the SB starting the season off with a 4-game suspension for Brady was an odd choice.
Reply/Quote
The NFL is not fixed nor is it rigged. However, the commissioner and the officials have favorite teams.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 05:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If the NFL wanted NE to win the SB starting the season off with a 4-game suspension for Brady was an odd choice.

Not really... It's not like New England has any problem winning their Division, so they are almost always in the playoffs. Starting Brady off with a 4 game suspension, then calling the rest of the season the "Revenge Tour" sets up the final battle between Terrific Tom and the evil Roger Goodell. Whether you love him or hate him, how many people tuned in to see it happen? It was the perfect WWE storyline..... complete with the Superstar getting smacked all around the ring to the point he almost cannot stand, only to be brought back by the roar of the crowd to come off the top rope in the final minutes of the 4th quarter to achieve victory and win back the belt...... it's all about ratings...
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 05:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Not really... It's not like New England has any problem winning their Division, so they are almost always in the playoffs. Starting Brady off with a 4 game suspension, then calling the rest of the season the "Revenge Tour" sets up the final battle between Terrific Tom and the evil Roger Goodell. Whether you love him or hate him, how many people tuned in to see it happen? It was the perfect WWE storyline..... complete with the Superstar getting smacked all around the ring to the point he almost cannot stand, only to be brought back by the roar of the crowd to come off the top rope in the final minutes of the 4th quarter to achieve victory and win back the belt...... it's all about ratings...

Is the division that bad, or is New England just that good?
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 05:32 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Is the division that bad, or is New England just that good?

Patriots, Dolphins, Bills and Jets.... it's not like any of those teams have been consistently good over the last decade other than NE. The division is set up for them to win it...
Reply/Quote
Results that don't favor my team and benefit incredibly well run organizations full of hall of famers means the league is rigged. That's a much better way to cover for organizational incompetence
Reply/Quote
I think if it was fixed though they would have had Rodgers vs Brady in the Superbowl rather then Ryan vs Brady.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 06:13 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I think if it was fixed though they would have had Rodgers vs Brady in the Superbowl rather then Ryan vs Brady.

I don't think they cared who represented the NFC....
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 06:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think they cared who represented the NFC....

I really think though Rodgers is going to end his career with only 1 ring. If it was fixed I think he would have 3 by now.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 06:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't think they cared who represented the NFC....

They wouldn't care about arguably the 2 best QBs of all time going against each other in the SB?
A team that general fan base loves against a team that the general fanbase hates?
Reply/Quote
Well I don't think the Packers are very loved outside of us Packer fans lol.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 05:36 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Patriots, Dolphins, Bills and Jets.... it's not like any of those teams have been consistently good over the last decade other than NE. The division is set up for them to win it...

Not consistently good, but the Jets went to the AFC Championship game twice.  Look at the Patriots record versus any division in football, and they would dominate no matter where they were.
Reply/Quote