Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL: Marshawn Lynch OUT Sunday vs Bengals
(10-09-2015, 08:50 PM)Stormborn Wrote: 157 yards on 35 carries so far.

SEA had Lynch, Turbin and Michael on its preseason roster with this guy, got rid of those two, signed Jackson, Lynch gets hurt and this guy ends up having the most carries in the first 4 weeks. Been a merry-go-round.

No one can run without Unger at C anymore though. He could mask Britt and Sweezy's incompetence better.

Which isn't too bad. 4.5 ypc.

I think it's a little early to say they can't run. They are 7th in rush yards and 8th in avg per carry so far.

I realize some of that is always going to be Wilson, but Lynch was the only one struggling really.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I want to play against the best, not the depleted. Big Ben better be back at 100% so we have no excuses for beating teams.

Secondly, the only way to get better is to play the best - it will prepare the Bengals for the playoffs. Hope for everyone to be at full strength, we're playoff bound anyway.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't get the logic "wanting their best". Yeah it's nice to know we won against their best players but a win is a win. No one cared that we were without Green, Jones and Eifert last year. You're not being honest with yourself if you say you don't feel better with opponents starters out
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 07:20 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: On one hand it's a nice advantage.  On the other hand, they'll say our win doesn't matter because Lynch wasn't playing.

ALL that really matters is the 'W' in the win column (Well, that & no significant injuries).  
I will take them however they can get them.  And if they're criticized for a sloppy win, or a win that doesn't mean as much because of some injury or some penalty - it will be me laughing with the undefeated record so far - as very few teams at this point will be able to claim.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 09:21 PM)pally Wrote: One of the Seahawk's message boards had already decided the Hawks wouldn't score any points offensively even before the news about Marshawn.  They seem to think they will win because their defense and special teams will score and our offense will be helpless against the Legion of Boom.

Ring! Ring! [Reality Phone Ringing For Them!]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 11:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Release the hounds

Let the Big Dogs eat

Bring the Fire

Unleash the fury

Whatever the metaphor, without a running game to respect, play the receivers tight and bring pressure. 

That's what I'm talking about, right there!  Who-Dey!!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 12:59 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: I don't get the logic "wanting their best".  Yeah it's nice to know we won against their best players but a win is a win.  No one cared that we were without Green, Jones and Eifert last year. You're not being honest with yourself if you say you don't feel better with opponents starters out

You're right, the only story line from the media, and lemmings like many here (yep!) who bought what they were fed by them, is how bad Andy Dalton is and how terrible the team is because they can't win a playoff game, even though they were so limping into the playoffs on heart that a backup running back was the 3rd receiver in that game.  People don't remember who was injured in a game, they only remember wins.  
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 12:59 AM)Captain Happy Pants Wrote: I don't get the logic "wanting their best".  Yeah it's nice to know we won against their best players but a win is a win.  No one cared that we were without Green, Jones and Eifert last year. You're not being honest with yourself if you say you don't feel better with opponents starters out

My way of thinking is it may be better for their coaches to be giving plays to a injured Lynch rather than the fully healthy back who seems to be running well. If Lynch doesn't play well it creates general confusion within their coaching staff maybe taking a little focus away from the game giving us an edge. Of coarse all of that could back fire and Lynch could come out in beast mode.

Reply/Quote
I really cant be happy about this.

Offcause it is not the worst news in the world.
However, i would love to see the match with both teams at full strength.
Could our beloved Bengals really match up with a Superbowl team?

I still think the game will be hard. But i would love to have Lynch in it as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 09:21 PM)pally Wrote: One of the Seahawk's message boards had already decided the Hawks wouldn't score any points offensively even before the news about Marshawn.  They seem to think they will win because their defense and special teams will score and our offense will be helpless against the Legion of Boom.

I just spent a few minutes on one of their message boards and I now feel dumber for having read them.  What a bunch of childish tools.  All name-calling and no substance. EDIT: Might have just been the board. I found another board that seemed to have knowledgeable posters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 07:00 PM)The Dangler Wrote: Who's gonna be the first Mo Mo that says they would rather play Seattle with if him in there?

Me.  To be the best you gotta beat the best.

Obviously I want to see the Bengals win and as easy as way a possible, but I can almost hear the Rodney Harrison's of the world saying "yeah, but Marshawn Lynch didn't play, blah, blah, blah"...

Puke!  Bring them at their best and still put I beat down on them is what I'd prefer.  Call me crazy I guess.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

I would say the Super Bowl is the only game I might be honest with myself in that case, otherwise you have to play against/with better competition to improve, that's a given in anything sports, career, etc.  At the end of the day it's about improving, winning is a byproduct.

I seriously think the Legion of Boom is going to get exploited by AJ Green and our running game. You can't stop everybody. It's our Defense that we should be worried about, but thankfully the Hawks offense for lack of a better term, stinks. I do see Andy throwing a pick in this game because AJ has not mastered the turn himself into a defender (I'd say he's a beginner in that aspect).

I honestly think we're just buying time and wins before Burfict comes back back; it will absolutely transform the defense and team, if he's near 100%. He's a drive killer. Before this year, I said he's the best player on the team, leading the league in tackles. But Andy and AJ are breaking the game nowadays.

Andy's been sacked twice all year, R. Wilson - 18 times. I say bring on the "best". Defense may win championships, but in this game, the Bengals offense will shine once again.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 10:24 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Me.  To be the best you gotta beat the best.

Obviously I want to see the Bengals win and as easy as way a possible, but I can almost hear the Rodney Harrison's of the world saying "yeah, but Marshawn Lynch didn't play, blah, blah, blah"...

Puke!  Bring them at their best and still put I beat down on them is what I'd prefer.  Call me crazy I guess.....

I could care less what the talking heads say. Every NFL team will have injuries at any given point in the season. We haven't had Burfict all season but that doesn't mean the teams that play us get an asterisk by their names. I'm glad Lynch is out. Getting to that 5 in the win column is what I care about. 
Reply/Quote

It's a way that fans can prove that they are "honorable" which is just stupid. As a fan, I don't need honor. I was happy hearing Lynch was out. Just as how I was happy when I heard Ben Roehtlisberger was hurt. Ya it's a bummer for them, but I'm a Cincinnati fan.. not a Seattle fan or Pitt fan.

As you said, nobody cares when our players our injured, its just a way to make the large fan bases (pitt, seattle) feel better about losing. It will also give them hope when their players are "back" to play against the Bengals, giving them the impression that this time will be different than the last.

As most of the people said after our playoff loss. "Injuries happen, next man up.". Well, same goes for the Seahawks, so no excuses when they lose.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2015, 07:00 PM)The Dangler Wrote: Who's gonna be the first Mo Mo that says they would rather play Seattle with if him in there?

I'd rather play him with Burfict in there too, but since they are both out seems equitable to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 03:01 PM)Utts Wrote: I'd rather play him with Burfict in there too, but since they are both out seems equitable to me.

Yep - Good call.  
But you probably won't hear anything tomorrow about Burfict missing, and yet you will hear more references to Marshawn lynch not playing than Seahawks touchdowns tomorrow afternoon.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 12:01 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Which isn't too bad. 4.5 ypc.

I think it's a little early to say they can't run. They are 7th in rush yards and 8th in avg per carry so far.

I realize some of that is always going to be Wilson, but Lynch was the only one struggling really.

Most of that is off tackle. Re-watching the MNF game displays how bad their interior blocking really is. Britt and Sweezy have zero ability to hold their ground at the point of attack. But Rawls is capable of getting chunk yardage for sure. 

Regardless the leading rusher for them tomorrow will most likely be Wilson.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 04:04 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Most of that is off tackle. Re-watching the MNF game displays how bad their interior blocking really is. Britt and Sweezy have zero ability to hold their ground at the point of attack. But Rawls is capable of getting chunk yardage for sure. 

Regardless the leading rusher for them tomorrow will most likely be Wilson.

Probably. Our D has done a good job over the last few seasons of maintaining running QBs though.

Well...outside of last year's debacle against the Panthers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 09:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Probably. Our D has done a good job over the last few seasons of maintaining running QBs.

Well...outside of last year's debacle against the Panthers.

We do a good job of setting the edge, but if we break contain, we have zero athletic capability in the 2nd level to match Wilson if he escapes. Which scares me even more than the legion of boom does for tomorrow. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2015, 10:31 PM)Stormborn Wrote: We do a good job of setting the edge, but if we break contain, we have zero athletic capability in the 2nd level to match Wilson if he escapes. Which scares me even more than the legion of boom does for tomorrow. 

Which is mainly why I'm not too worried, and I'm sure Wilson's legs will be a major point of emphasis for the coaches. Especially with Lynch out. Honestly, Wilson is averaging 44 yards a game. He can hurt you with his legs, but it's not like he's going to go out there and run for 150. I'm confident that our guys can minimize the damage. Again, especially with Lynch out.
Reply/Quote