Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL May Eliminate Chop Block for 2016
Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter
Big ramifications: NFL’s competition committee considering a rule that would eliminate the chop block for 2016 season, per league sources.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 09:39 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter
Big ramifications: NFL’s competition committee considering a rule that would eliminate the chop block for 2016 season, per league sources.

On the line?  That's a part of the game.    Now I know in my son's grade school league, you could only chop someone who was on the line at the time of the snap.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 11:18 AM)michaelsean Wrote: On the line?  That's a part of the game.    Now I know in my son's grade school league, you could only chop someone who was on the line at the time of the snap.  

The move already was illegal in many instances, but offensive linemen were still permitted to do so on running plays if they were lined up next to each other to start the play.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 12:05 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: The move already was illegal in many instances, but offensive linemen were still permitted to do so on running plays if they were lined up next to each other to start the play.

So you are talking about the high low thing.  I thought you meant cutting people period.  yeah and I read that rule once.  It's complicated as hell.  Next to each other unless this and that.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
There goes the rest of the Ravens running game..... Ninja
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
Ridiculous. This is part of the game. Should be allowed anywhere on the field.

The chop block is not the high low.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 04:27 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: There goes the rest of the Ravens running game..... Ninja

Hilarious
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Is this just an effort to cut down on doubling up on defenders in the run game?
Reply/Quote
This is a tough call. This would pretty drastically change what it means to be both an Offensive and Defensive lineman in the NFL. I hope the impact of this rule change is given the due diligence it deserves considering the degree to which it would alter things schematically on both sides of the trenches. I'm all for player safety but, personally, I just can't justify the advantage this gives the Defensive Lineman who no longer have to worry about whether they are getting blocked high or low. Overall, the run game has been falling to the wayside in the NFL for quite some time now, and this would just continue that trend.
Reply/Quote