Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Network Path to the Draft Mock
Bucky Brooks and Cynthia Frelund combined to mock these players to the Bengals:

1st round: TE Kyle Pitts
2nd round: EDGE Jayson Oweh
3rd round: S Jamar Johnson

While I like the players they selected as prospects, I would hate to see another draft in which they wait until the 4th round at the earliest to draft an offensive lineman. Because in my opinion, the number one thing they gotta do this draft is improve the offensive line. Otherwise, 2021 probably ends the same as 2020: Burrow on the IR.
Reply/Quote
Yuck.  
Reply/Quote
Bengals fans would freak out if that happened
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 02:01 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Bucky Brooks and Cynthia Frelund combined to mock these players to the Bengals:

While I like the players they selected as prospects, I would hate to see another draft in which they wait until the 4th round at the earliest to draft an offensive lineman. Because in my opinion, the number one thing they gotta do this draft is improve the offensive line. Otherwise, 2021 probably ends the same as 2020: Burrow on the IR.

The first two picks are very realistic, probably Chase in there instead of Pitts.

When they take Chase and the OL run happens at the end of round 1, there will be some quality defenders that fall to 38 that they won't want to pass on.

The round 3 pick makes no sense at all though. You have Bell and Bates this season and while you may want a guy long term to replace Bell, you can get a guy to groom in round 4 or 5 or later. Hell, Wiggins from UC would be a nice guy to let sit for a season. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My goodness... I think even PFF would give that one an F.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 03:55 AM)tms Wrote: My goodness... I think even PFF would give that one an F.

I stand corrected. Nothing can disappoint PFF. :)

Reply/Quote
As players it’s good, but this draft will get him lynched by the fans
Reply/Quote
Duke Tobin went on the record as saying there will be offensive linemen in rounds 2-3 that the team will have starting grades on. He made a point to say it.

That should mean, absolute bare minimum, they take one offensive linemen within rounds 1-3. They should be taking two. Taking NONE is unacceptable. Duke opened his mouth and set the precedent.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Swap Jamar Johnson and/or Jayson Oweh for an OL and it'd be better.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Basically a good way to make sure we dont really improve the team in the biggest areas of need. Good job Bucky and Cynthia lol.
Reply/Quote
Yes Bucky the Bengals definitely need to carry 5 safeties.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 02:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Swap Jamar Johnson and/or Jayson Oweh for an OL and it'd be better.

Oweh is boom or bust to me. The production doesn’t match the athleticism. That concerns me. I don’t want to draft a project who needs to be coached up in the 2nd round when I could draft an offensive lineman who could start this year.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 02:01 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Bucky Brooks and Cynthia Frelund combined to mock these players to the Bengals:

[Image: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg]

That's it, I got nothing to add.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 06:40 PM)Burma Wrote: [Image: st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1.jpg]

That's it, I got nothing to add.
That's all that needs to be said!
Reply/Quote

Defense in the 2nd and 3rd. Maroons.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 03:12 PM)Synric Wrote: Yes Bucky the Bengals definitely need to carry 5 safeties.

6!!!!! They have one on the PS.  Shocked

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don't like Oweh as a prospect and a S in the third seems to be a reach. I have no problem drafting an edge over an offensive tackle though in the 2nd I just don't think Oweh is good prospect.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2021, 06:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Oweh is boom or bust to me. The production doesn’t match the athleticism. That concerns me. I don’t want to draft a project who needs to be coached up in the 2nd round when I could draft an offensive lineman who could start this year.

I get that. I wouldn't want a player in the 2nd who is a project either.
But I'd rather take a project DL over any safety. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2021, 09:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I get that. I wouldn't want a player in the 2nd who is a project either.

Margus Hunt resembles this remark
Reply/Quote
0 OL
1 2nd round DE with 0.0 sacks
1 3rd round S

Perfect if you're making a "what not to do" mock draft.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote