Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Network on Young & Burrow
(02-25-2020, 05:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Noooo.... not another thread about the Quarterbacks magnificent junk....

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Naked-Andy
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2020, 02:56 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2  This was my thought as well... ThumbsUp  

Should have a fun time watching the Draft this year for once.

Always get pissed waiting for our pick to come up and them just switching to a commercial break right before.

It isn't a coincidence man.

(02-25-2020, 09:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He wasn't...

Yeah, still haven't watched the game again but this is what I remembered and Munoz and you just reiterated it.

Runyan handled Young without much help for an entire half.

I am no OSU fan so I am completely unbiased, I think some on here have a bias for Young cause of their OSU fanship.

(02-25-2020, 11:32 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Why are people making a big deal about cold weather?

From a purely-physics standpoint, things SHRINK in cold weather, so wouldn't the bigger deal be in warmer/more humid weather? Like Louisiana, where he had no issues with gripping or throwing?

The ball is HARDER TO HOLD ONTO, in colder weather, but it doesn't correlate to hand size at all.

Like, AT ALL lol, unless someone can prove me wrong (again, just talking from a pure physics standpoint; we always played pickup football and at school during the winter, so we could tackle and not get as hurt lol, so I don't know about warmer weather).

(02-25-2020, 12:20 PM)Au165 Wrote: Agreed. The general way of thinking is that in the cold the surface of the ball is slicker because the ball gets harder. The rotational force of the ball comes from the fingers essentially spinning the ball as it leaves the QB hands. In warmer weather there is more tack to the ball which creates a little more grip and improves rotational velocity and makes it easier to grip in general. Now on the other hand when it's really humid the ball can get a slight film that makes it slip out of the QB's hand. Obviously Burrow is used to playing in humidity so that part shouldn't be a concern. 

As I said in another thread, hand size is an archaic check box scouting point. Strip sacks aren't happening because the hands are small they happen because of poor pocket awareness and improper technique. This is why a guy like Daniel Jones struggles with fumbling and why Patrick Mahomes doesn't. 

I think circulation would have a much bigger impact in colder weather.

I live in cold weather, I know. Have to have good circulation.

(02-25-2020, 08:27 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: This 9" hand size thing is a bunch of foolishness. He can throw a football plenty well. Seriously, the media making a big deal of it is laughable.

The media is laughable.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2020, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Should have a fun time watching the Draft this year for once.

Always get pissed waiting for our pick to come up and them just switching to a commercial break right before.

It isn't a coincidence man.

Yeah, still haven't watched the game again but this is what I remembered and Munoz and you just reiterated it.

Runyan handled Young without much help for an entire half.

I am no OSU fan so I am completely unbiased, I think some on here have a bias for Young cause of their OSU fanship.

I think circulation would have a much bigger impact in colder weather.

I live in cold weather, I know. Have to have good circulation.

The media is laughable.

Yeah, it is all a bunch of BS...with respect to Young:  Both Bosa's disappeared from time to time.  They are two of the best in the NFL.  Young will be a ridiculous talent.  He has the physical characteristics of a Clowney but the drive of a Bosa.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 10:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yeah, it is all a bunch of BS...with respect to Young:  Both Bosa's disappeared from time to time.  They are two of the best in the NFL.  Young will be a ridiculous talent.  He has the physical characteristics of a Clowney but the drive of a Bosa.

Yeah, if we could get Burrow and Young it would be a talking point lol

But that is impossible. HAVE to have Burrow, Young I just hope doesn't take our guys head off down the road.

Thank God for Joe's pocket awareness.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, if we could get Burrow and Young it would be a talking point lol

But that is impossible. HAVE to have Burrow, Young I just hope doesn't take our guys head off down the road.

And hopefully Jonah will be our new Whit for the next decade...

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2020, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, if we could get Burrow and Young it would be a talking point lol

Truth...would not like him being a steeler.  At least a redskin isn't in our division or conference.  
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 08:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Truth...would not like him being a steeler.  At least a redskin isn't in our division or conference.  

I said the same thing when the Bengals passed on Bud Dupree, and the stealers took him with the next pick. This time, Cleveland doesn't pick until 10th, so unless there is some severe jockeying in positions, Young will not be in our division.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 09:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I said the same thing when the Bengals passed on Bud Dupree, and the stealers took him with the next pick. This time, Cleveland doesn't pick until 10th, so unless there is some severe jockeying in positions, Young will not be in our division.

No doubt...and I don't think anyone moves that high for anything but a QB.  I was pretty much just kidding but I did think of "last year only" Bud Dupree.  
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2020, 05:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And hopefully Jonah will be our new Whit for the next decade...

Jonah was the best OL prospect in that Draft, possible.

(02-28-2020, 08:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Truth...would not like him being a steeler.  At least a redskin isn't in our division or conference.  

Yeah, that would be a bad nightmare.

(02-28-2020, 09:10 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I said the same thing when the Bengals passed on Bud Dupree, and the stealers took him with the next pick. This time, Cleveland doesn't pick until 10th, so unless there is some severe jockeying in positions, Young will not be in our division.

Thank God. I have never hated on Young, just wanted Burrow more. Young is a great player.
Reply/Quote