Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Projected Win Totals (before draft)
(04-01-2019, 10:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah people act like we started 4-1 then Eifert, Green, and Dalton all got hurt in Game 6. The reality is:

Bengals were 5-6 with Dalton and 5-4 with AJ Green.

Week 3 they allowed 31 points, Week 4 they allowed 36 points. Week 7 we have up 45 points. Week 8 34 points. Week 9 51 points.

The defense was relatively healthy and pretty historically bad.

Then once Dalton and Green got hurt and we couldn't move the ball on offense...the defense started giving up less points.

Really hard to look at all of that and say this would have been a 10-11 win team.
We were 5 and 3 when AJ and Andy played together. Also you keep bringing up how bad the defense was in the middle of the year they were but you ignore  the fact that the defense was playing better at the end of the year. If we had a healthy Dalton and Green maybe we beat the Chargers, Broncos, and Steelers at the end of the year. You add three wins to our total that makes us 9-7.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 01:32 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We were 5 and 3 when AJ and Andy played together. Also you keep bringing up how bad the defense was in the middle of the year they were but you ignore  the fact that the defense was playing better at the end of the year. If we had a healthy Dalton and Green maybe we beat the Chargers, Broncos, and Steelers at the end of the year. You add three wins to our total that makes us 9-7.

I could buy 8-9 wins if totally healthy. Is that a great reason to do very little in the way of bringing in upgrades via external signings?

(I doubt we beat the Steelers though. We seem to never beat them.)
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 01:32 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: We were 5 and 3 when AJ and Andy played together. Also you keep bringing up how bad the defense was in the middle of the year they were but you ignore  the fact that the defense was playing better at the end of the year. If we had a healthy Dalton and Green maybe we beat the Chargers, Broncos, and Steelers at the end of the year. You add three wins to our total that makes us 9-7.

Oy, you know the season was bad when you can magically heal the 2 most important players on the team and you still don't hit double digit wins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Projections mean nothing.... I remember a time we were projected to win zero games and made the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 02:09 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Projections mean nothing....  I remember a time we were projected to win zero games and made the playoffs.

I'm pretty sure our projections going into the 2016, 2017, and 2018 seasons were higher than we achieved, so we haven't exactly been sticking it to the haters as of late, though.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 08:20 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: TBF, when he isn't trying to make tackles after a INT he has proven to be one of the most durable QB's in the nFL. And he has been tested aplenty .Therefore your entire post is one  big cluster **** of wrong feelings.

Tested plenty? Fall on your sword. He hasn't done anything for us bengals fans. He is a mediocre QB at best.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 03:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our division:
Browns 9
Steelers 9
Ravens 8.5
Bengals 6

5 is the lowest win total projected with 2 teams projected there. Then 6 teams are projected with 6.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/26405507/browns-see-projected-win-total-jump-3-games

I don't blame ESPN for the prediction. They practically have the same roster as last year, no real game-changing upgrades (yet), and they have a full new coaching staff and scheme to be implemented.

With that said, I'm saving my prediction until after the draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 05:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not so sure anymore. Not since the Browns added OBJ and Hunt.

Well we're better for the 1st 8 games anyway. Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2019, 06:20 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: The first 4 games we had a healthy Eifert and we had Glenn at LT two huge pieces we didn't have in 17. I would say we were a 10 win team caliber team last year before injuries took there toll.

That, and we started off under Ken Zampese at OC in '17.  He was just in way over his head. Then there was the hole Piano Man deal.....ugh.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 03:04 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Tested plenty? Fall on your sword. He hasn't done anything for us bengals fans. He is a mediocre QB at best.

Yeah, he's had the shit kicked out of him over the last 3 seasons, and only missed time due to an injury to his throwing hand.....that's what he meant.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 02:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm pretty sure our projections going into the 2016, 2017, and 2018 seasons were higher than we achieved, so we haven't exactly been sticking it to the haters as of late, though.

see those projections were also wrong
Reply/Quote
if sports betting comes to ohio before start of season i'm betting the over. Bengals are winning the division.. we no longer have Marvin screwing up the clock thats worth 2 wins in itself.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 01:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I could buy 8-9 wins if totally healthy. Is that a great reason to do very little in the way of bringing in upgrades via external signings?

(I doubt we beat the Steelers though. We seem to never beat them.)
I would say no we should have done better in free agency. However it should be acknowledged that adding a Healthy Dalton, Green, Eifert, and Lawson to a team is significant and does make us better.
(04-02-2019, 01:59 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oy, you know the season was bad when you can magically heal the 2 most important players on the team and you still don't hit double digit wins.

Yep but 9-7 is at least acceptable.
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 07:29 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Yep but 9-7 is at least acceptable.

a 9-7 record last year brings Marvin Lewis back on a two year deal.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 04:23 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Well we're better for the 1st 8 games anyway. Tongue

Depends if Eifert is out there...

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 07:36 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: a 9-7 record last year brings Marvin Lewis back on a two year deal.

Probably
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 07:36 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: a 9-7 record last year brings Marvin Lewis back on a two year deal.

Then if we were 9-7, this offseason would be 'IF you keep this team together they'll continue to gel into a contender!' as the excuse to not do upgrades in free agency.

The reality is...there will be some guys that get hurt this year. Injuries happen EVERY year.

I'm shocked Eifert was injured. (He's played in over 8 games 2 times in 6 years.) Basing your chances on his health is crazy.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 10:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Then if we were 9-7, this offseason would be 'IF you keep this team together they'll continue to gel into a contender!' as the excuse to not do upgrades in free agency.

The reality is...there will be some guys that get hurt this year. Injuries happen EVERY year.

I'm shocked Eifert was injured. (He's played in over 8 games 2 times in 6 years.) Basing your chances on his health is crazy.
In Eiferts defense two of his injuries we're freak injuries and we also did lose his top backup in Kroft last year who had 7 TD in 2017. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 10:54 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: In Eiferts defense two of his injuries we're freak injuries and we also did lose his top backup in Kroft last year who had 7 TD in 2017. 

I get that. Still doesn't change the fact that he's played over 8 games exactly twice in 6 years.

Really what injury isn't a freak injury? It's not like guys go out there and expect to break a leg or sprain an ankle. Injuries always seem random. Some players just get more of them for whatever reason.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 11:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I get that. Still doesn't change the fact that he's played over 8 games exactly twice in 6 years.

Really what injury isn't a freak injury? It's not like guys go out there and expect to break a leg or sprain an ankle. Injuries always seem random. Some players just get more of them for whatever reason.

Ryan Shazier’s...

Reply/Quote