Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.22 Average
#NFL Rigged???
(01-30-2023, 06:45 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Isn’t Ronald Torbert & Crew that same refs that screwed us in the SB with that BS call on Logan?

Yes. As SNL's Church Lady would say, "How coveeeenient !"
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:16 PM)bengals67 Wrote: You didn’t answer my questions but  I guess that is because you are more insightful.

We completely disagree on the refs and I’ll leave it at that.

I'll answer your question ( singular ) not questions ( Plural ).

Who out scored whom in second half?

Bengals scored 14 and the Chiefs scored 10. 

In the fourth quarter, the Bengals scored their seven at 1:30 into the fourth quarter and generated only 40 yards since, with an interception and a punt following a 3rd down sack. 
Chiefs scored only 3, but it was to win the game and take them into the Super Bowl. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:07 PM)Destro Wrote: How did those last two possessions go with the chance to go ahead?

Sure. Games rigged. No sense in drafting or even playing anymore. They rigged it for us last year now don't like us. Sure.

Influenced, not rigged.   BIG difference.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:42 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Influenced, not rigged.   BIG difference.

Just going off of the thread title and the dozens of posts. 
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't say it was 100 percent rigged neccessarily, more that today's refs are highly, highly incompetent.

NFL needs to change their hiring practices, standards, training, what have you for the dudes in the black and white stripes or these types of games will continue to happen.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:45 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Isn’t Ronald Torbert & Crew that same refs that screwed us in the SB with that BS call on Logan?

Yep, same ones that allowed the Tee Higgins touchdown too after he ripped Ramsey down by the face mask. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 03:59 PM)TheFan Wrote: There's a discord where many of the long term posters and people who don't want to be apart of the constant negativity of the GD thread post, so no, it's not. Half the people posting in GD are never seen actually posting on the forum outside of that thread. I've never seen you post so I get why you wouldn't know that. 

Oh, the almighty "long term poster"...they know best right?.....Just because a few posters have their little safe space doent mean that this board isnt a good example of the average Bengal fan,  but thats something you cant seem to grasp....  and its not so because "you havent seen me post here"?...  could you get anymore ridiculous Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:54 PM)TheFan Wrote: Yep, same ones that allowed the Tee Higgins touchdown too after he ripped Ramsey down by the face mask. 

I'm still not convinced that they actually saw that one . I think they missed seeing the facemask. They did not miss the block in the back  last night. Looked right at it. Also. , hey were intentional about the bad ball placement throughout the entire game
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Lightbulb 
[Image: there-are-four-downs-4-star-trek-tng.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:39 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NFLRigged&src=trend_click&vertical=trends

I am just the messenger. Fans around the country (not just Bengals fans) believe the Bengals game was rigged. KC covered the spread and the golden boy of the NFL is back in the Super Bowl.

We still should have won, but NFL refs and Mr. G. needs to address the poor officiating in this game.

The NFL didn't tear up the Bengals' OL.
Reply/Quote
I don't think the game is rigged, but the memes have been lit

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:09 PM)Destro Wrote: I'll answer your question ( singular ) not questions ( Plural ).

Who out scored whom in second half?

Bengals scored 14 and the Chiefs scored 10. 

In the fourth quarter, the Bengals scored their seven at 1:30 into the fourth quarter and generated only 40 yards since, with an interception and a punt following a 3rd down sack. 
Chiefs scored only 3, but it was to win the game and take them into the Super Bowl. 

And it's not the ass-kicking they made it out to be. All 4 games were decided by a FG.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I think the refs were exceptionally bad and they brought it upon themselves to make people question if its rigged. That being said, I also think we played poorly and made too many mistakes. Both things are possible at the same time.

As far as the NFL being rigged, I refused to even consider it for most of my adult life, but the truth is, the sports gambling world has way too much money for me to ignore the fact that they most likely at least try to use it to influence outcomes. The only reason I didnt believe it could happen before is because I didnt want to.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 09:22 PM)Interceptor Wrote: And it's not the ass-kicking they made it out to be. All 4 games were decided by a FG.

And that's why I think, with a healthy o-line, we win. So we will be back. Likely, so will they, and we will do this again. Like Burrow said, the window is as long as he is QB and I see no reason to doubt that. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I went and double-checked the rule and this seems to explain the logic here. 

To me, that seems like a reasonable answer as to why Burrow's pass was IG whereas Mahomes' was not. 

Burrows pass was well behind the los.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
https://www.totalprosports.com/nfl/referees-ignored-key-rule-afc-championship-matchup/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 09:01 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: The NFL didn't tear up the Bengals' OL.

Well actually we lost Cappa in the Ravens game a game we may not have to had played if home field in the playoff game was going to be determined by a coin flip. So in a way they did. Assuming they would have rested our starters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 12:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: About that punt return..... Stanley Morgan was DRILLED in the back. No call. I mean it was obvious. Bengals coaches were incredulous on the sidelines.

The o line play really hampered us, Ossai made a bad decision, and we made some mistakes.....but I'm not going to pretend the officiating was even on the level of awful. It was complete horse shit.

Morgan was hit in the back but the most egregious block in the back was by Chief's #47 Darius Harris on either Joe Bachie or Clay Johnson (It was a 40 number couldn't tell which one).  It happened right in front of our bench, right in front of the ref, and that is what sprung the Chief's returner.   
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 06:08 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I went and double-checked the rule and this seems to explain the logic here. 

To me, that seems like a reasonable answer as to why Burrow's pass was IG whereas Mahomes' was not. 

Why?  Burrow was also hit in his throwing motion.  Basically the officials decided that they knew his intent and ignored this aspect of the rule.

Reply/Quote