Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Stadium beer prices
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/beer-cost-every-nfl-stadium-163325517.html

I thought this was interesting. What's your guys thoughts? I can't believe one of the worst teams have the highest price.
Reply/Quote
Well if you're a Raiders fan drink can often be the only salvation. If it was cheap there they'd have problems.

Reply/Quote
.....are way too high.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 07:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....are way too high.

I knew I'd see you pop up in this thread.   Wink
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Turns out when your team sucks, fans want to drink more.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 07:18 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I knew I'd see you pop up in this thread.   Wink

.....but of course! ThumbsUp  Cheers

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Bullshit. I went to the eagles vs Jets pregame at the meadowlands. Beer was $10
Reply/Quote
You have to look at the cost of living in each city, not just what team it is. Everything is more expensive in cities with higher costs of living.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 07:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You have to look at the cost of living in each city, not just what team it is. Everything is more expensive in cities with higher costs of living.

And there is also the "responsible steward" aspect to think about, as well.  If the alcohol is expensive, they are less likely to aid in causing drunken incidents to happen at stadiums.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 07:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And there is also the "responsible steward" aspect to think about, as well.  If the alcohol is expensive, they are less likely to aid in causing drunken incidents to happen at stadiums.

Hogwash!  People are wrecked before they ever enter the stadiums.  Everytime I've been to FedEx Field there has been at least one drunken incident near me, be it a fight, falling down, passing out, or vomiting.  The prices have zero impact, it's all a function of the tailgating.
Reply/Quote
It is too expensive.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 08:40 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: It is too expensive.

The point is that they don't want you being drunk and upset in the stadium....they want you to get drunk and riot elsewhere....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I budget one beer per half, and even that much I do under protest from within. I used to sneak like 8 beers in for cold weather games. I just get the job done in the parking lot now. I prefer to remember the game nowadays. Anywho...
Reply/Quote
In 2013 I went to 5 games.  Beer was more expensive than the game before each time.  Unlike the team, beer prices reached their apex that season in January against the Chargers.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that IPAs were going for 6 for $11 on my couch this past weekend.  I still haven't gotten over the turds (Cleveland and Pittsburgh) that I witnessed in person last year.  Unfortunately, I'll be steering clear of PBS this season...  Unless they get a home playoff game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 07:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Hogwash!  People are wrecked before they ever enter the stadiums.  Everytime I've been to FedEx Field there has been at least one drunken incident near me, be it a fight, falling down, passing out, or vomiting.  The prices have zero impact, it's all a function of the tailgating.

If it was cheaper it would be ALOT worse lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 07:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Hogwash!  People are wrecked before they ever enter the stadiums.  Everytime I've been to FedEx Field there has been at least one drunken incident near me, be it a fight, falling down, passing out, or vomiting.  The prices have zero impact, it's all a function of the tailgating.

But a game takes 3 hours and that is time for your buzz to burn off if you don't keep fueling it.

That is why I don't get drunk while tailgating.  The buzz wears off during the game.  It is much cheaper to just drop acid about 30 minutes before kickoff.  That way you are still flying pretty high at the end of the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 08:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But a game takes 3 hours and that is time for your buzz to burn off if you don't keep fueling it.

That is why I don't get drunk while tailgating.  The buzz wears off during the game.  It is much cheaper to just drop acid about 30 minutes before kickoff.  That way you are still flying pretty high at the end of the game.

$4 lasts all three games on Sunday!
Reply/Quote
Stadium prices are high, but you also have to realize that 60-80,000 people are in one exceedingly small place. I'm from a town with a population less than 1/10th of that and there are no less than 20 bars and 10 pizza joints here. If beer and pizza were normal retail prices they would run out in no time because people would buy 15 beers and entire pizzas as if they weren't crammed wall to wall with zounds of people.

Don't get me wrong, the venue makes a killing but people seem to think price-gouging (be it at a stadium or during some sort of crisis) as driven by greed alone when it's really driven only mostly by greed.
Reply/Quote
I was under the impression that these venues charge so much for concessions because that is where they make most of their money. I have heard that movie theaters don't make that much on admission, they make it on concessions. And that is why the concessions are so high. I don't know if this is actually the case, just something I've heard my whole life.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2015, 10:05 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I was under the impression that these venues charge so much for concessions because that is where they make most of their money. I have heard that movie theaters don't make that much on admission, they make it on concessions. And that is why the concessions are so high. I don't know if this is actually the case, just something I've heard my whole life.

Nope.  It is all just supply and demand.  They charge the highest price that people are willing to pay.
Reply/Quote