Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL TV map-week 15
Very weird map this week. Louisville you are out of luck this week which is unusual this season. You guys get Tenn-Pitt at 1PM instead

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=15

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 03:21 PM)pally Wrote: Very weird map this week.  Louisville you are out of luck this week which is unusual this season.  You guys get Tenn-Pitt at 1PM instead

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=15

I really do not understand the NFL and their game mapping. Absolutely no one in Louisville gives a flying crap about Tenn-Pitt, but there are a lot of Bengals fans here.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 04:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I really do not understand the NFL and their game mapping. Absolutely no one in Louisville gives a flying crap about Tenn-Pitt, but there are a lot of Bengals fans here.

Agree there are not really any Tennessee fans in the Ville. 

Of course like everywhere else Louisville has a criminal element that bandwagons with the steelers but not enough to justify showing this game over the Denver game. 

Plenty of Bengals fans and that's not to mention the fact that Louisville fans love Denver's Teddy Bridgewater. 

Whoever made this decision dropped the ball for local NFL ratings imo. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Gotta love living in Greater Cincinnati!

This is a big game!

I'd say that I can't wait to go to a bar or restaurant because it will get pretty crazy, but I can't exactly go to crowded places with the Covid outbreak, so I'm lucky it's on here!
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 04:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I really do not understand the NFL and their game mapping. Absolutely no one in Louisville gives a flying crap about Tenn-Pitt, but there are a lot of Bengals fans here.

And across the river, too!
[Image: 200.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

Come on over man.  I have Sunday Ticket.  I'm guessing we're fairly close.  You bring the brew.   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I see they still think people are dying to see NFC East games.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Sweet, we get the bengals in AZ (only because of the broncos). The broncos were the "team" before the cardinals arrived to the state.
Reply/Quote

I live in Louisville and there are a ton of Pittsburgh fans living here. My neighborhood bar considers itself "Pitt HQ" in Louisville and is always packed every Sunday with Pitt fans. Seeing all those jerseys every Sunday makes me vomit in my mouth.
Reply/Quote
Building a door and frame today.. So much for football.  Work, work, work.. Mellow  I coulda gotten this done yesterday instead of procrastination.. Oh well.  If they win it'll be a nice surprise later on. If they lose I'm not missing much..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I got the Chargers / Bengals last week and I’m in Maryland. Today I’ll just watch the Steelers and hope Big Ben gets arrested on the field.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 01:24 PM)grampahol Wrote: Building a door and frame today.. So much for football.  Work, work, work.. Mellow  I coulda gotten this done yesterday instead of procrastination.. Oh well.  If they win it'll be a nice surprise later on. If they lose I'm not missing much..

[Image: raw]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I’m also building a door frame today.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote

Local affiliates don't get a choice of who they are going to show.

1) obviously, the first restrictions are contractual...which network, how many games they can telecast, etc.  This week, for example, CBS has a single game which means Cincinnati only gets their game in the late afternoon even though the Titans-Steelers is of interest.

2) Games are shown in their primary market as well as team tv/radio regional/secondary markets

3) Games are then assigned on regional interest so Cincinnati would usually get AFCN games when Bengals games aren't available.  Louisville is a bipolar city due to location sometimes getting the Colts sometimes getting the Bengals often depending on who the opponent is.  And sometimes getting AFCN games and more often getting AFCS games because of your location between Indianapolis and Nashville.  It is why Louisville often gets to see the Ravens with Lamar Jackson and Baton Rouge gets the Bengals with Joe Burrow

4) Games are finally assigned on a national basis which because of the NFL's east coast, read NFCE, bias, far too often means games from that particular division

Local affiliates can sometimes lobby for a particular game but that does not succeed very often

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 01:33 PM)Destro Wrote: I got the Chargers / Bengals last week and I’m in Maryland. Today I’ll just watch the Steelers and hope Big Ben gets arrested on the field.

But without him they might win?  Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 02:12 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: But without him they might win?  Cool

It is a difficult thing. Without Ben around, the rest of the world wins.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 02:28 PM)Destro Wrote: It is a difficult thing. Without Ben around, the rest of the world wins.

Very altruistic of you to put the world ahead of the NFL. I approve.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 11:17 AM)Chezaugie Wrote: I live in Louisville and there are a ton of Pittsburgh fans living here. My neighborhood bar considers itself "Pitt HQ" in Louisville and is always packed every Sunday with Pitt fans. Seeing all those jerseys every Sunday makes me vomit in my mouth.

I'm guessing you live next to the shithole Bungaloo Joe's.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 06:13 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Come on over man.  I have Sunday Ticket.  I'm guessing we're fairly close.  You bring the brew.   Hilarious

Appreciate the offer, and I would, but gotta hang here today for some other things going on.  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 02:04 PM)pally Wrote: Local affiliates don't get a choice of who they are going to show.

1) obviously, the first restrictions are contractual...which network, how many games they can telecast, etc.  This week, for example, CBS has a single game which means Cincinnati only gets their game in the late afternoon even though the Titans-Steelers is of interest.

2) Games are shown in their primary market as well as team tv/radio regional/secondary markets

3) Games are then assigned on regional interest so Cincinnati would usually get AFCN games when Bengals games aren't available.  Louisville is a bipolar city due to location sometimes getting the Colts sometimes getting the Bengals often depending on who the opponent is.  And sometimes getting AFCN games and more often getting AFCS games because of your location between Indianapolis and Nashville.  It is why Louisville often gets to see the Ravens with Lamar Jackson and Baton Rouge gets the Bengals with Joe Burrow

4) Games are finally assigned on a national basis which because of the NFL's east coast, read NFCE, bias, far too often means games from that particular division

Local affiliates can sometimes lobby for a particular game but that does not succeed very often

Yes, that's why I said the guy doing the game mapping at the NFL is screwing up. If they want a large viewership in this area, they need to show Cincinnati or Baltimore or Denver. And Cincinnati vs. Denver was a no brainer someone dropped the ball on. 
Reply/Quote