Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Ticket - YouTube TV vs DirecTV
(08-15-2023, 10:02 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If you're local, I thought it was also supposed to be simulcast on a local TV channel.
If not, there's not usually another alternative, although I think last year there might have been a game or two shown on both NFL Network and Amazon Prime at the same time?

If you really can't watch it locally and have to pay for Prime, you could either:
1) pay for just a month of Prime when the game is on
2) go to a local bar/restaurant that typically airs the games

Personally, I think Option 1 is best because it's cheaper than going out to the restaurant/bar, but also because the game is mid-November. If you get Prime right before the game, you can have it through mid-December and get all the fast shipping for holiday gifts.

or better yet take advantage of Amazon's 30 day free trial for the game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:37 PM)pally Wrote: or better yet take advantage of Amazon's 30 day free trial for the game

If you have the option to still get that, for sure
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also looks like Thursday Night games are on NFL+ which is only $6.99 a month but only works on Phone/Tablet
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:33 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Yes, from what I’ve read there’s advertising. Here’s what I could find: (Old article but seems to be ongoing)
https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2019/09/06/are-you-ready-for-some-thursday-night-football-55c850b197da/

Again haven’t used it but seems worth checking out

Might be.

I know for me personally, I don't like to watch sports on anything other than a 50+ inch TV.
Unless there's a Twitch app for Roku or something (I haven't checked), I probably would never look into this option.

I have a 32" monitor for my gaming computer, and I wouldn't want to watch a sports event on it lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:44 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Also looks like Thursday Night games are on NFL+ which is only $6.99 a month but only works on Phone/Tablet

Nice. For regular You Tube, it’s pretty simple to get your phone to play on the TV (screen share / screen mirroring) through simulcast or whatever it’s called.

Any reason you can’t do this w NFL+ …..?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If you have the option to still get that, for sure

All you need is an alternative email address and credit card from the last time you took advantage of the free trial.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
How much do you guys have to pay then if you wanted to see every NFL game?

For us over here red zone comes free in a basic satellite package.

If you wanted just every Thursday nationally shown Sunday game and MNF that would be 45 bucks a month for the sport channels.

Then game pass over here costs another 190 dollars per year.

Thank god I have my firestick never going to grow the game bigger over here charging prices like that.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 02:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Might be.

I know for me personally, I don't like to watch sports on anything other than a 50+ inch TV.
Unless there's a Twitch app for Roku or something (I haven't checked), I probably would never look into this option.

I have a 32" monitor for my gaming computer, and I wouldn't want to watch a sports event on it lol.

I looked for a twitch app on my TV and there wasn't one. 

Also, i watch a lot of sports stuff on my 27" monitor, but it's on a tray table about 16" from my face. lol

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 03:31 PM)Whacked Wrote: Nice. For regular You Tube, it’s pretty simple to get your phone to play on the TV (screen share / screen mirroring) through simulcast or whatever it’s called.

Any reason you can’t do this w NFL+ …..?

NFL+ is blocked from being able to "cast" it to a TV.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 08:24 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: NFL+ is blocked from being able to "cast" it to a TV.

Well crap. Thanks for the heads up.
Reply/Quote
I ditched Direct TV when they lost the ticket, got YTTV and it is significantly cheaper. I also noticed yesterday with YouTube (I've already paid for the ticket), I get the preseason games live too.
I do not miss having 50 more channels with DirectTV because I only watched a few anyway and those channels are on YTTV. Saves around $120 a month and it will work during a storm!
Reply/Quote
did anyone figure out how to get Sunday Ticket without having to buy YoutubeTV? I can't seem to figure it out. I thought I read on this forum there was a way to just buy it adhoc and not get the tv subscription.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 11:52 AM)basballguy Wrote: did anyone figure out how to get Sunday Ticket without having to buy YoutubeTV?  I can't seem to figure it out.  I thought I read on this forum there was a way to just buy it adhoc and not get the tv subscription.

Yep it is an option when you click "explore plans" it will just say YouTube instead of YoutubeTV. For me it is the 3rd option from the top.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 11:59 AM)treee Wrote: Yep it is an option when you click "explore plans" it will just say YouTube instead of YoutubeTV. For me it is the 3rd option from the top.

ohhhhh i didn't catch that, thank you.  
Reply/Quote
Yeah, for the few of us in Canada, it is either DAZN (**** them, aholes) or Rogers/Bell/Telus/etc. again, at $249.99.

Re-upped yesterday, so I will be front and centre come next week Big Grin
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
After some investigation I saw they offered a student discount. Since I pay for my daughters college, I’ve unilaterally declared her discount to be mine and have mandated she sign up for it (with me paying for it of course)
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 11:19 PM)Whacked Wrote: Thanks fellas

Are there any games that will be on the NFL Network or ESPN?
…….Thus the need for one of these?

Thx

I live in the Dayton/Cincinnati area and got rid of cable years ago. I went to Best Buy and got an over the air (Antennae) DVR and external hard drive to store the games on. I originally tried a flash drive but it had trouble keeping up with the recording and I'd miss about every 3rd or 4th play. The external hard drive (I may be calling it the wrong name) keeps up with the recording wonderfully and there is no skipping plays anymore. The 2 issues I have without the cable DVR are that I can't start watching the game until it is done recording it and while fast-forwarding through commercials the picture isn't smooth. It jumps from frame to frame. I have Amazon Prime so I'm set for Thursday games but when they were on NFL network I'd watch it through the Yahoo Sports App on my phone. Over all, the only thing I miss about cable is the Reds games. Otherwise cutting the cable was one of the best choices I've made. I hope this helps.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 01:18 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I tried to watch the 1st preseason game live on NFL + and I kept getting kicked off the stream and had to reopen it dozens of times. I'm thinking the high volume of people using the service is the reason. The video quality was great when it was working. I wonder if anyone else had this problem?

Regardless, if the games during the season aren't picked up by my antenna, I'm going to go out and do something and come back after the game is over to watch it with NFL+ premium. It's only $80 for the year so it should be worth it.

You can say that but I highly doubt you will be happy watching the game after it's over, it will be tough.

I paid for the the overpriced YT TV Sunday Ticket and split the cost between my family since you can share YT TV amongst family members.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 03:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You can say that but I highly doubt you will be happy watching the game after it's over, it will be tough.

I paid for the the overpriced YT TV Sunday Ticket and split the cost between my family since you can share YT TV amongst family members.

I saved 75.00 a month switch to YTTV over Directv.  I am much happier.  Everyone has their own account.  It's great!  I also saved 100.00 on Sunday Ticket this year.  250.00 for early signup vs 350 I always paid from Directv.

I will happily pay 250 living out of state to see all the Bengals games and any other game I want to see.  Also, my understanding is that all the accounts (6) under my YTTV account can all simultaneously stream Sunday Ticket.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2023, 08:38 AM)pally Wrote: As long as you have access to the local channels, all will be good

Yo Pally

Are you 100% sure about this?

No need for ESPN or NFL network - I will be able to watch all Bengal games on local channels?

I live in Cincy.
Reply/Quote