Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Ticket - YouTube TV vs DirecTV
YoutubeTV worked really well for me. I've been spending time getting bootleg streams for years. Finally bit the bullet and got the sports package, it works out to around 86/month but you get a lot of stuff. I split the cost with my brother, you can run it on 3 diff systems at once. It's the best way I've found. I think there might be a select few that you have to be in the region, but all I'm going to do is use a proxy and set my location to wherever it shows. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 11:38 AM)Graphicguy Wrote:  Reds?  That's a whole different can of worms. I refuse to pay to watch a shitty team.  Bite me Castellini and Nick Krall.

I can understand the anger at Castellini and Krall, but the Reds have one of their most exciting team in decades. Lead MLB in stolen bases and in comeback wins, and 10 walk-off wins. Have 6 very talented rookies (Steer, McClain, Elly, Encarnacion-Strand, Abbot, and Marte). You have missed an extremely exciting season.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 03:56 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You can say that but I highly doubt you will be happy watching the game after it's over, it will be tough.

I paid for the the overpriced YT TV Sunday Ticket and split the cost between my family since you can share YT TV amongst family members.

That sounds like a decent deal if you can share it.

I did the same thing last year with NFL+ 
I actually got a lot of the games on TV because the Bengals get more coverage with Burrow. 
I like watching 1 or two games a week as opposed to devoting an entire day to it. I like getting outside while I can.
It's actually pretty nice to go out and do something and come back and watch the game around dinner time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2023, 10:09 PM)treee Wrote: If you only wanna watch Bengals games you don't need Sunday Ticket, just grab an antenna and get it over the air. If you want redzone, you can get it from NFL+ Premium on the NFL app for ~15 bucks a month.

Antenna is how I watch. If it's on one of the NFL, ESPN, Screwyouformakinguspay, networks, I just live stream it on whatever channel it is since I have access. I have not missed a Bengals game in 3-4yrs. I would still say the same if I lived in 10 buck 2.

Reply/Quote
Youtube TV is offering 7 day free trial of NFL Sunday ticket you can get. I believe you can also get it through Youtube.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 03:12 AM)Stang69428 Wrote: Youtube TV is offering 7 day free trial of NFL Sunday ticket you can get. I believe you can also get it through Youtube.

Yes, this just changed this week. Google support has details here https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/14001074
Reply/Quote
 Unfortunately I’m in the southeast and would not get Sunday’s game.  I already have YoutubeTv and just signed up for the free 7 day trial. I’ll see how it goes but have every intention to cancel come Monday. Too rich for me, so back to the bootleg streams after this week.
Reply/Quote
Have purchased ebay logins the last three years and they worked PERFECTLY. Last three seasons together cost 150 (TOTAL).
Bummed about the move to Youtube cause now the ebay logins are no more. That said, my daughter is in full-time college during Senior year of High School so I was able to use her Student Discount. Makes it $109 bucks, 119 with RedZone.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2023, 11:38 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: You can get the local channels on YTTV. That's what I'm subscribed to. I dumped Spectrum, DirecTV, etc a long time ago. Happy I did. Reds? That's a whole different can of worms. I refuse to pay to watch a shitty team. Bite me Castellini and Nick Krall.

BTW...I'm in Butler County. I've tried probably 5 different OTA antennas in 3 or 4 different places in my house. NONE of them were worth a shit picking up local channels.

Regarding an antenna, have a professional installer put in a tower, antenna, and the proper amplifier and you’ll get stations from 100 miles away.
Reply/Quote
So the free trial of Sunday ticket on Youtube Tv went fine, no glitches and about the same experience as direct tv. Tried multi view on the 4 pm games which was ok but trying to watch small windows of multiple games at the same time is not something I enjoy. Rewatching recorded games to focus on specific players or position groups would be a real pain as the “dvr” controls are dismal in comparison to a real dvr like direct tv.

As expected, I’ve cancelled the free trial and got confirmation. Too rich for my budget.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 05:50 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: So the free trial of Sunday ticket on Youtube Tv went fine, no glitches and about the same experience as direct tv. Tried multi view on the 4 pm games which was ok but trying to watch small windows of multiple games at the same time is not something I enjoy. Rewatching recorded games to focus on specific players or position groups would be a real pain as the “dvr” controls are dismal in comparison to a real dvr like direct tv.

As expected, I’ve cancelled the free trial and got confirmation. Too rich for my budget.

Same

Still trying to figure out best option for Bengals on NFL network and ESPN.

I’m in Cincy. All I get are local channels.
Reply/Quote
I really liked the YouTube Sunday Ticket - it went FAR better than DirecTV.
Reply/Quote