Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Top 100 Players-Trey Hendrickson
Trey is #75 on the NFL's top 100 players list. That's up 3 spots from last year's list.

We'll have to wait for next week to see where Ja'Marr (24) and JoeyB (21)rank. I suspect Joe, at least, will be higher than last year's rank.

Tee Higgins may make the list. Joe Mixon will fall off of it.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Does Burrow break the top 10 this year?

Joe
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The list lost a lot of credibility for me this year when Justin Fields made the top 100
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 10:40 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The list lost a lot of credibility for me this year when Justin Fields made the top 100

Ahead of Trevor Lawrence no less. I don’t get that one at all.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 10:40 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The list lost a lot of credibility for me this year when Justin Fields made the top 100

(07-27-2023, 11:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ahead of Trevor Lawrence no less. I don’t get that one at all.

He flashed a few times last year. 

60% completions, 5 TDs and only 1 pic with a combined 325 yds rushing and 3 more TDs in back to back losses against MIA and DET. They lost by a combined 4 points. 

Dude has potential to be Lamar-like(ish), though i don't agree with him being ahead of Lawrence, with how each played in totality last year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 11:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He flashed a few times last year. 

60% completions, 5 TDs and only 1 pic with a combined 325 yds rushing and 3 more TDs in back to back losses against MIA and DET. They lost by a combined 4 points. 

Dude has potential to be Lamar-like(ish), though i don't agree with him being ahead of Lawrence, with how each played in totality last year. 

There were literally 14 QB's last year that had more passing yards than Fields had combined passing and rushing.  The fact that he's in the Top 100 is a joke.
Reply/Quote
I honestly love the Top 100. Gets me ready for the season. I don't take it too seriously, it's a marketing tool and all in good fun. It has a place in my life.

But if Burrow isn't named #1 I'm heading down to 345 Park right now to tackle their staff. Jk lol. I do wonder where he'll end up, tho. It has to be Top 5, bare minimum. The NFL's entering its Burrow years and I'm here for it.

I'd love me a pot good ol' fashioned chamomile Tee but I doubt we're boiling water this year. Just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who'll get recognized. There are just so many great players in the league and his #'s aren't in that class. They should be, don't get me wrong. I think in an actual Top 100 draft of NFL execs he'd get picked. But as long as this remains an exercise aimed at the fans, he'll probably get overlooked. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Other than Burrow, Chase will get tabbed. Good to see Trey crack the Top 75. Reader deserves a spot and I wouldn't be shocked (just mildly surprised) if he got named. Same with one of Logan or Germaine. That'd be more of a surprise but I figure it's time to honor Lou and give star treatment to the men he's developed. Logan and Germaine are both studs who can excel on most any defense in the league imo. And as a final name, I hope they give Bates his roses as well. With Budda at 73 I think it's still possible. I'd take JB30 ahead of Budda Baker 100 times out of 100.

"Deep Thoughts" by Jack Handey...
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 11:47 AM)Whatever Wrote: There were literally 14 QB's last year that had more passing yards than Fields had combined passing and rushing.  The fact that he's in the Top 100 is a joke.

How many of them have the record for most QB rushing yards in a game?

The Bears fans have hope. And it’s almost entirely because of him.
Reply/Quote
And we get Trey for an additional year now.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 02:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And we get Trey for an additional year now.

Pretty awesome both got announced at right about the same time. Trey is a great pass rusher and can beat any LT in the league.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 01:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: How many of them have the record for most QB rushing yards in a game?

Let me know the last time a run first QB won a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 01:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: How many of them have the record for most QB rushing yards in a game?

Panthers fans now have hope.  Should Bryce Young be in the Top 100?  It's the 100 best players, not the 100 players with the most upside.

Setting the single game QB rushing record is a great accomplishment.  He achieved that accomplishment because he's a well below average passer and the Bears were having him run more to salvage something out of him.  He has a career comp% under 60% and a passer rating under 80.  

As an exercise, I'll list 14 QB's who's passing yardage eclipsed Fields total yards last year.  The Bengals are in win-now mode.  Which of these QB's would you take Fields over if the goal is to win a SB THIS YEAR....

Patrick Mahomes
Justin Herbert
Tom Brady
Kirk Cousins
Joe Burrow
Jared Goff
Josh Allen
Geno Smith
Trevor Lawrence
Jalen Hurts
Aaron Rodgers
Tua Tagovaila
Russell Wilson
Derek Carr

...and that's not even counting guys like Lamar, Dak, Stafford, Watson, and Kyler who missed significant time with injury.  Fields isn't even Top 20 at his own position.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 08:04 AM)pally Wrote: Trey is #75 on the NFL's top 100 players list.  That's up 3 spots from last year's list.

We'll have to wait for next week to see where Ja'Marr (24) and JoeyB (21)rank.   I suspect Joe, at least, will be higher than last year's rank.

Tee Higgins may make the list.  Joe Mixon will fall off of it.

I do kind of find it odd that Hendrickson went UP when last season was actually a worse season for him.
2021 - 14.0 sacks with 45 total pressures
2022 - 8.0 sacks with 35 total pressures

Only had 88 fewer defensive snaps in 2022 compared to 2021, so it's not like he missed a bunch of time.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 01:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I do kind of find it odd that Hendrickson went UP when last season was actually a worse season for him.
2021 - 14.0 sacks with 45 total pressures
2022 - 8.0 sacks with 35 total pressures

Only had 88 fewer defensive snaps in 2022 compared to 2021, so it's not like he missed a bunch of time.

It is a bit odd. He was definitely better in 2021 as you note.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 02:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is a bit odd. He was definitely better in 2021 as you note.

It's a players vote. Pretty sure coaches and scouts who constantly watch film and game plan would be a lil more accurate.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 02:44 PM)jason Wrote: It's a players vote. Pretty sure coaches and scouts who constantly watch film and game plan would be a lil more accurate.

True, just shows Trey hasn't lost any respect from the players.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 02:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty awesome both got announced at right about the same time. Trey is a great pass rusher and can beat any LT in the league.

He rarely seems to take plays off as well.  High motor guy that plays to exhaustion.  With Murphy and Ossai in the wings he will get more opportunities to stay fresh and I think his production will benefit from it. 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 03:59 PM)rupethereitis Wrote: He rarely seems to take plays off as well.  High motor guy that plays to exhaustion.  With Murphy and Ossai in the wings he will get more opportunities to stay fresh and I think his production will benefit from it. 

Great point. Ossai emerging and Murphy now here could really help both Hendrickson and Hubbard. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2023, 11:15 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He flashed a few times last year. 

60% completions, 5 TDs and only 1 pic with a combined 325 yds rushing and 3 more TDs in back to back losses against MIA and DET.

60% hasn't been even average since the 2011 CBA that made passing easier. In 2023, his 60.4% completion was 19% below league average for the year (81 cmp%+).

In the Miami and Detroit games, you listed his rushing yards, but he threw for only 290 passing yards with both games combined. That's under 150 passing yards per game, just like his season average. In those games he averaged just 6.0 passing yards per attempt.

So he wasn't accurate, rushed for more yards than he threw for, and got more yards per carry than he did yards per pass attempt. That's just an exciting athlete who is a bad QB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 02:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 60% hasn't been even average since the 2011 CBA that made passing easier. In 2023, his 60.4% completion was 19% below league average for the year (81 cmp%+).

In the Miami and Detroit games, you listed his rushing yards, but he threw for only 290 passing yards with both games combined. That's under 150 passing yards per game, just like his season average. In those games he averaged just 6.0 passing yards per attempt.

So he wasn't accurate, rushed for more yards than he threw for, and got more yards per carry than he did yards per pass attempt. That's just an exciting athlete who is a bad QB.

Well...

Lamar Jackson won an MVP being an exciting athlete who is a bad QB. The funny thing is, i'm not pimping the guy, i'm just saying exactly what you did in that last sentence and i can see how he would make the list since it's voted on by the guys that play against him.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote