Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Trade Deadline....
(10-27-2015, 05:40 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: The Bengals won't make a move most likely, but salary for this year isn't a concern. We could take on either of those guys.

V davis is intriguing too....

But i understand the want for a LBer.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 01:51 PM)Wilikn Wrote: Navorro Bowman or Ahmad Brooks.

Both affordable enough and likely at least one could be obtained.  Both severe upgrades on the depth currently in Cincinnati at the position.  Probably both good enough to start here.

Please tell me you're joking when you say "probably both good enough to start here"?  Both are DEFINITELY good enough to start here.
Reply/Quote
Vinny Rey and a 3rd, to the Bucs for Lavonte David.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 05:30 PM)Wilikn Wrote: Slated to make $6 million this year.  Prorated, I don't know if enough room exists.  Oddly, Bowman makes less in 2015.  Brooks is 31, to Bowman's 27, but Brooks has no injury concerns.  

I've read that San Fran is shopping VDavis.  If that's true, those two LBs, especially Brooks, should also be available.
Didn't Brook's career end here because of a groin tear?  Granted that was too long ago to be relevant.

I thought the know on Brooks was that he struggled to grasp the play book.  Either way, might be that the 3-4 was better for his skill set than our 4-3.
Well your honor, we've plenty of hearsay and conjecture, those are kinds of evidence. - Lionel Hutz
Reply/Quote
A 3rd round pick for any decent linebacker. The biggest weakness on the team by far, and about 16 teams have a possible upgrade over our linebackers.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 06:15 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Please tell me you're joking when you say "probably both good enough to start here"?  Both are DEFINITELY good enough to start here.

With the added variable that they are coming from a different system and neither is what they were at their best, not joking.  Good enough, sure.  Not game changers as starters.  Not in 2015.

Bowman pre-injury, one of the league's five best.  This version is not.  Don't know if San Fran expects the old version of him to return.  If they do, he won't be on the table.

Brooks is a weird one as his greatest strength is not what we need.  Not like he's a weak link at any aspect.

I think a 3rd rounder for Brooks is too high.  
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 07:43 PM)fuzzychin Wrote: Didn't Brook's career end here because of a groin tear?  Granted that was too long ago to be relevant.

I thought the know on Brooks was that he struggled to grasp the play book.  Either way, might be that the 3-4 was better for his skill set than our 4-3.

he was pretty much constantly hurt while here... and that was right around the time we lost all our LBers to injuries so massive overhual of the position took place.
Reply/Quote
Would welcome the move but would not want to give up much player wise because of team chemistry.

Draft picks if the right deal was offered would be great.

Yet do not expect this to happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 07:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Vinny Rey and a 3rd, to the Bucs for Lavonte David.

until Burfict is back V Rey is the QB of the defense. We cannot trade him away. or we might end up with Rey M or Lumar calling plays
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 08:31 AM)corpjet Wrote: is Nov 3rd.  If you were the Bengals GM would you risk the team chemistry to pick up a LB before the deadline?

NO....Trades in the NFL don't happen like in baseball.....and unlike baseball, football is more of a team game and why the Pro Bowl stinks because you can't put a team together in one week.  You can throw baseball players together and have an All-Star Game but not in football. ....This team has been going at it since the Spring and Summer camps. We wouldn't be much of a team if somebody could just walk in and throw his jock strap on the field and that makes him a starter in November.  November is a little late in the season.  The Bengals are 6-0 and this is our team. ....Who would we be trading ? ...We are 6-0, so why would we be trading anybody, and you have to trade top talent to get top talent.  ....No, this ain't baseball, and why break up a team that is 6-0. ....I'm not for trading a top WR or a top D Lineman to get a LB, and those would be our only deep bench areas, but we need those areas bench deep because that is a big reason for the 6-0. 

Burfict may or may not be back, but we are 6-0 without him.....that said, he has been part of this team and knows the system so he would be a good addition to the 2015 Bengals. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 12:21 PM)kevin Wrote: NO....Trades in the NFL don't happen like in baseball.....and unlike baseball, football is more of a team game and why the Pro Bowl stinks because you can't put a team together in one week.  You can throw baseball players together and have an All-Star Game but not in football. ....This team has been going at it since the Spring and Summer camps. We wouldn't be much of a team if somebody could just walk in and throw his jock strap on the field and that makes him a starter in November.  November is a little late in the season.  The Bengals are 6-0 and this is our team. ....Who would we be trading ? ...We are 6-0, so why would we be trading anybody, and you have to trade top talent to get top talent.  ....No, this ain't baseball, and why break up a team that is 6-0. ....I'm not for trading a top WR or a top D Lineman to get a LB, and those would be our only deep bench areas, but we need those areas bench deep because that is a big reason for the 6-0. 

Player for player trades, that'd be nuts.  The only times I recall that happening is when one of the players is holding out.  A draft pick to a team looking to dump salary, that is becoming more common.  Carolina grabbing Allen for a pick the most recent example.

As you say, this isn't "Madden".  Players simply aren't plug 'n play.  What the Bengals would be trading to San Fran (or anyone) is as much their cap ability to take on a high priced talent as the compensatory pick.  Free up a salary like Brooks', that may allow for extending someone else on this year's cap.. right?
Reply/Quote
No need to disrupt what is going on here.

6-0

Why waste a pick that we will need next year by trying to fit a round peg into a square hole.
Reply/Quote
Now the Reverse of this if our first round OT was healthy and ready we might be able to trade away a backup OL guy to a team in need But as we stand i dont see any moves happening
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 01:10 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: No need to disrupt what is going on here.

6-0

Why waste a pick that we will need next year by trying to fit a round peg into a square hole.

IMO, you do it (at least consider it) BECAUSE you are 6-0.  Nothing would change.  An OLB is akin to CB IMO.  That job is instinct more than scheme. 

You are buying insurance because this team is one injury away from having nothing at LB.  Not a huge deal if you are 3-3.  A 6-0 start, that's uncommon.  It is in this town anyway.

Much ado over nothing.  Cannot envision the organization paying any price to bring back a guy they simply cut years ago.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 01:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Now the Reverse of this if our first round OT was healthy and ready we might be able to trade away a backup OL guy to a team in need  But as we stand i dont see any moves happening

Or if they used their first round pick on a player who could have actually helped this team this year. There were three LBs in the 31 picks between Ogbuehi and Fischer, who could have really really helped this defense. All three of which are playing on 4-3 defenses to boot.

Stephone Anthony (31st)
http://www.nfl.com/player/stephoneanthony/2552321/profile

Hau'oli Kikaha (44th)
http://www.nfl.com/player/hau'olikikaha/2552292/profile

Eric Kendricks (45th)
http://www.nfl.com/player/erickendricks/2552312/profile

Meanwhile Whit is still playing at an elite level and one of the two OT picks are going to be sitting for at least a second year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 05:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Or if they used their first round pick on a player who could have actually helped this team this year. There were three LBs in the 31 picks between Ogbuehi and Fischer, who could have really really helped this defense. All three of which are playing on 4-3 defenses to boot.

Stephone Anthony (31st)
http://www.nfl.com/player/stephoneanthony/2552321/profile

Hau'oli Kikaha (44th)
http://www.nfl.com/player/hau'olikikaha/2552292/profile

Eric Kendricks (45th)
http://www.nfl.com/player/erickendricks/2552312/profile

Meanwhile Whit is still playing at an elite level and one of the two OT picks are going to be sitting for at least a second year.

Especially because we drafted two RTs...so that's even more fun...
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 05:07 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Especially because we drafted two RTs...so that's even more fun...

yeah but quality backup linemen can never be understated you dont need it till you do then you wish you had it

Right now we have a 1st round RT and a 2nd round LT does that reverse in the future. is fisher a RT? he almost seems a hybrid tackle/TE to me
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 01:51 PM)Wilikn Wrote: Navorro Bowman or Ahmad Brooks.

Both affordable enough and likely at least one could be obtained.  Both severe upgrades on the depth currently in Cincinnati at the position.  Probably both good enough to start here.

I definately would not be against one of these guys, especially Bowman.

Doubt it happens but...
Reply/Quote
The only guy I think of that you might be able to get at a good value is Orakpo and maybe Cushing.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
I would make a move for a LB if it required a 3rd round pick or lower. I feel like this is the best chance we have at a SB so why not go for it.
Reply/Quote