Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Trade Deadline....
(10-28-2015, 05:59 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: The only guy I think of that you might be able to get at a good value is Orakpo and maybe Cushing.

Thought about Cushing. While he does have a lot of options and roster bonuses tied to his contract, if you accepted them all (which is why I assume you'd trade for him) he'd still have $34.6m over the next four years, not counting the remainder of his 2015 salary for a guy in his age 28 season with an extensive injury history that's caused him to miss a lot of games.

In his first three years (44 games) he had 323 tackles, 9.5 sacks, 19 Pdef, 6 INT, and 5 FF.
The three and a half years since then..  (33 games) 206 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 8 Pdef, 2 INT, 3 FF.
Since the start of 2014 (21 games) 128 tackles, 1 sack, 3 Pdef, 0 INT, 0 FF.

I really think the injuries has made him a shell of the player he was. He's been mostly healthy the last year and a half, but doesn't have any of his playmaking ability left.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 05:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah but quality backup linemen can never be understated  you dont need it till you do then you wish you had it

Right now we have  a 1st round RT and a 2nd round LT   does that reverse in the future.  is fisher a RT?  he almost seems a hybrid tackle/TE to me

He was better as a RT in college. So was Ogbuehi. Fisher has the attitude going for him though
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2015, 01:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well im not sure whos dealing what lots of teams could in sell now mode.

I figure the texans would take a couple signed A Dalton jerseys for Mallet hahahahahahaha not that we want mallet at all

Mallett isn't playing QB anywhere for awhile but I kind of doubt he's quite ready to be a starting LB. Maybe sign him and just shove him in someone's way from the sidelines and claim his real name is Tomlin, but other than that I just don't see it happening.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd love to pick up a LB as that's the weakest position on the team and a spot that could get exposed as the season goes on.

Vernon Davis also intrigues me, but I'd only want to keep him around for this year.

It's fun to discuss this, but we all know no help is coming unless Tez gets healthy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 11:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd love to pick up a LB as that's the weakest position on the team and a spot that could get exposed as the season goes on.

Vernon Davis also intrigues me, but I'd only want to keep him around for this year.

It's fun to discuss this, but we all know no help is coming unless Tez gets healthy.

I agree with this as well. A starting and experienced LB could get up to speed quickly.

I also am intrigued with Vernon Davis as a bookend TE with Eifert or to use VD to spell Eifert to keep him fresh. Davis is a very good in line blocking TE and a definite upgrade over Kroft right now.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Let's start out with.....the Bengals aren't trading for anyone.

Also, any pick higher than a 5th for Brooks, and I'll be pissed. Whoever said a 3rd has lost their mind.
[Image: sig2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 11:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'd love to pick up a LB as that's the weakest position on the team and a spot that could get exposed as the season goes on.

yes but i would rather go get a linebacker if we were to do that from a team that is currently using a 4-3 and not playing in a 3-4 scheme.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 05:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Or if they used their first round pick on a player who could have actually helped this team this year. There were three LBs in the 31 picks between Ogbuehi and Fischer, who could have really really helped this defense. All three of which are playing on 4-3 defenses to boot.

Stephone Anthony (31st)
http://www.nfl.com/player/stephoneanthony/2552321/profile

Hau'oli Kikaha (44th)
http://www.nfl.com/player/hau'olikikaha/2552292/profile

Eric Kendricks (45th)
http://www.nfl.com/player/erickendricks/2552312/profile

Meanwhile Whit is still playing at an elite level and one of the two OT picks are going to be sitting for at least a second year.

Not sure any of those guys would have been an upgrade over what we have right now.  Two of them are starting on a defense that is getting shredded and Kendricks struggles in coverage.

And there is a good chance that Ogbuehi has a better career than any of them.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure any of those guys would have been an upgrade over what we have right now.  Two of them are starting on a defense that is getting shredded and Kendricks struggles in coverage.

I agree Fred.

Some are too in the moment for draft picks. I also think Ogbuehi will have a much better career than any of those three, not even close in my opinion.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 12:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree Fred.

Some are too in the moment for draft picks. I also think Ogbuehi will have a much better career than any of those three, not even close in my opinion.

Well V Davis could be easier to get than thought maybe..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/29/report-vernon-davis-joe-staley-squared-off-over-kaepernick/

And i would take him over Kroft and Uzohman (how could be pressed to the PS) still not likely to happen but him across from Eifert with the occansional Hewitt... makes me smile.
Reply/Quote
(10-28-2015, 05:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah but quality backup linemen can never be understated  you dont need it till you do then you wish you had it

Right now we have  a 1st round RT and a 2nd round LT   does that reverse in the future.  is fisher a RT?  he almost seems a hybrid tackle/TE to me

Fisher is a RT. He only played LT his Senior year because of injury. He was Oregon's best OL, by a long shot, last year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure any of those guys would have been an upgrade over what we have right now.  Two of them are starting on a defense that is getting shredded and Kendricks struggles in coverage.

lol Kendricks just won defensive rookie of the month. Yet people hated the idea of drafting him in the first. Dude is for real.

Good players can play on bad defenses and vice versa.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 04:30 PM)Stormborn Wrote: lol Kendricks just won defensive rookie of the month. Yet people hated the idea of drafting him in the first. Dude is for real.

Good players can play on bad defenses and vice versa.

Yeah good players often play on bad teams. I can't believe such a common sense thing has to be pointed out, but I've seen the bad team = bad player argument made many times by the anti-free agency/trades crowd.

Just an example, but Vincent Jackson has been great for the Bucs. The Bucs have been terrible though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 01:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well V Davis could be easier to get than thought maybe..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/29/report-vernon-davis-joe-staley-squared-off-over-kaepernick/

And i would take him over Kroft and Uzohman (how could be pressed to the PS)  still not likely to happen but him across from Eifert with the occansional Hewitt... makes me smile.

I would be surprised if we make a move, but a 5th or 6th round for Vernon Davis would make me happy.

I would even trade them Uzomah and a 6th rounder for Davis.

My issue is since he is not under contract fro 2016, he is not worth as much. Also, he has a high salary we have to absorb this year which also devalues him in my opinion.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 10:53 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would be surprised if we make a move, but a 5th or 6th round for Vernon Davis would make me happy.

I would even trade them Uzomah and a 6th rounder for Davis.

My issue is since he is not under contract fro 2016, he is not worth as much. Also, he has a high salary we have to absorb this year which also devalues him in my opinion.

should only be 1/2 the years worth any gaurenteed money was already paid. And we could offer a small extenstion or just use as a rental.

but like everyone no one sees a move coming... But The FO has surprised us before.

Right now its just fun to speculate.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 09:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah good players often play on bad teams. I can't believe such a common sense thing has to be pointed out, but I've seen the bad team = bad player argument made many times by the anti-free agency/trades crowd.

Just an example, but Vincent Jackson has been great for the Bucs. The Bucs have been terrible though.

Exactly.

I have always been amazed when someone mentions that we shouldn't sign player X because his team finished with a losing record. That's right, that team finished badly because every player on that team is bad.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 09:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah good players often play on bad teams. I can't believe such a common sense thing has to be pointed out, but I've seen the bad team = bad player argument made many times by the anti-free agency/trades crowd.

Yep, we've been over this.  People always point out how the Browns sign FA's and fail as evidence that free-agency is crap, but neglect to point out that the Browns also "prove" that building through the draft is a crap strategy every year, too.
Reply/Quote
Did Ahmad Brooks get out of the whole drugging and raping chicks thing?  If not, **** that piece of shit.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote