Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com bold predictions for 2015
2 of their predictions are Bengals related, and i think especially number 2 is very interesting.
I like Dalton, however i see the same issue that some of you guys - Dalton flukes way too often and just breaks down.!

1:
Andy Dalton throws more TDs than Peyton Manning

I'm no Andy Dalton fan, but I love the talented Bengals offense. With a loaded backfield and A.J. Green, Mohamed Sanu and a healthy Marvin Jones in tow, Cincy's starting quarterback has no more excuses. He'll toss his share of drive-crushing picks, but Dalton is two years removed from a 33-touchdown campaign. This prediction, though, is more about Manning, who is months away from turning 40. Yes, Denver's quarterback is one of the greatest signal-callers in NFL history, but age-old passers tap out quick. Brett Favre's final season saw him throw just 11 touchdowns over 13 starts. Manning's a legend, but this season will mark the end. -- Marc Sessler

2:
McCarron makes at least one start before taking over Bengals' O in '16

AJ McCarron will make at least one start this season before the Bengals turn over their offense to the young quarterback in 2016. This organization isn't known for bold strokes, but patience is wearing thin with Andy Dalton's penchant for face-planting in big games. Stuck in quarterback purgatory with Dalton, the coaching staff believes McCarron is "fully capable of becoming a starting-quality player," NFL Media's Albert Breer reported in June. McCarron made three impressive throws in the third preseason game that we simply don't see in Dalton's repertoire. Armed with the most loaded offense of his tenure in Cincinnati, Marvin Lewis can turn to McCarron if necessary, knowing that Dalton's six-year, $96 million contract is essentially a year-to-year proposal with an escape clause available next offseason. -- Chris Wesseling

Here is link to the rest :
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523584/article/bold-predictions-for-the-2015-season
Reply/Quote
Ahhhh boy, the regular season really needs to start.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:45 AM)JonasNJ Wrote: 2 of their predictions are Bengals related, and i think especially number 2 is very interesting.
I like Dalton, however i see the same issue that some of you guys - Dalton flukes way too often and just breaks down.!

1:
Andy Dalton throws more TDs than Peyton Manning

I'm no Andy Dalton fan, but I love the talented Bengals offense. With a loaded backfield and A.J. Green, Mohamed Sanu and a healthy Marvin Jones in tow, Cincy's starting quarterback has no more excuses. He'll toss his share of drive-crushing picks, but Dalton is two years removed from a 33-touchdown campaign. This prediction, though, is more about Manning, who is months away from turning 40. Yes, Denver's quarterback is one of the greatest signal-callers in NFL history, but age-old passers tap out quick. Brett Favre's final season saw him throw just 11 touchdowns over 13 starts. Manning's a legend, but this season will mark the end. -- Marc Sessler

2:

AJ McCarron will make at least one start this season before the Bengals turn over their offense to the young quarterback in 2016. This organization isn't known for bold strokes, but patience is wearing thin with Andy Dalton's penchant for face-planting in big games. Stuck in quarterback purgatory with Dalton, the coaching staff believes McCarron is "fully capable of becoming a starting-quality player," NFL Media's Albert Breer reported in June. McCarron made three impressive throws in the third preseason game that we simply don't see in Dalton's repertoire. Armed with the most loaded offense of his tenure in Cincinnati, Marvin Lewis can turn to McCarron if necessary, knowing that Dalton's six-year, $96 million contract is essentially a year-to-year proposal with an escape clause available next offseason. -- Chris Wesseling

Here is link to the rest :
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523584/article/bold-predictions-for-the-2015-season

I read this and my thought was:

If AD throws more TD's than Manning, then why would AJ start a game and why would AD losing the starting job?

I also find it funny how the media is polarized with Dalton. I did not see them cut him any slack when he had no weapons in 2014, but now we have the most awesome (unproven) weapons in the league according to one writer.

It is obvious AD is hated by the National media and that is fine, but he is not the bad QB some try to make him out to be.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:06 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I read this and my thought was:

If AD throws more TD's than Manning, then why would AJ start a game and why would AD losing the starting job?

I also find it funny how the media is polarized with Dalton. I did not see them cut him any slack when he had no weapons in 2014, but now we have the most awesome (unproven) weapons in the league according to one writer.

It is obvious AD is hated by the National media and that is fine, but he is not the bad QB some try to make him out to be.

Truth is he is not elite- we all know that, but he is a good QB overall.  Are there better?  Yes.  Is AJ MCC one of those- no.  I hear all the Dalton hate and wonder, who exactly are we calling to replace Dalton?  An unproven 2nd year QB with a few preseason outings fighting back from injury?  If not, then who?   Someone we couldn't afford or get?  There's no better answer without trading up and taking a rookie and growing them.  I don't mind AJM, but he's not fully ready.  I think some forget the Tampa outing against second stringers.

I'm not enamored by Dalton, like a Luck or Rodgers, but I'll take him over more than 50% of the starters in this league as he is a system fit and adequate to run this offense effectively.  The only thing holding Andy back is Andy.  

Whether it is hate for Dalton, Peko, Hawk, etc- w have to reflect and realize we can't have All Pro guys at every spot.  We have to take the good with the bad and meld that into a solid overall team.  Everyone has weak spots- it's hard not to with a cap.  

Bring on the regular season.  I predict 9-7, but I am always conservative.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
Wait..not enough morning coffee yet this morning maybe, but is this "bold" prediction saying AD becomes better than PM and because of this AM should become the starter?
My bold prediction is that someone someday will explain the difference between bold and just pulling something out of your ass.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:45 AM)JonasNJ Wrote: McCarron made three impressive throws in the third preseason game that we simply don't see in Dalton's repertoire. 

What throws were that? 

I've seen Dalton make every throw a QB can make. Yeah, some he's not good at, but I've seen him complete every kind of pass. For example, most of the time, when Dalton throws off his back foot, it's either INT or not close to ANY player. However, I have seen him complete one or two of those in his career.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: Wait..not enough morning coffee yet this morning maybe, but is this "bold" prediction saying AD becomes better than PM and because of this AM should become the starter?
My bold prediction is that someone someday will explain the difference between bold and just pulling something out of your ass.

It is 2 different writers making the predictions...If it was the same guy then you statement is valid....But it is not the same guy
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:05 AM)PhilHos Wrote: What throws were that? 

I've seen Dalton make every throw a QB can make. Yeah, some he's not good at, but I've seen him complete every kind of pass. For example, most of the time, when Dalton throws off his back foot, it's either INT or not close to ANY player. However, I have seen him complete one or two of those in his career.

How dare you question anyone who can use the words repertoire and quarterback in the same paragraph?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:00 AM)grampahol Wrote: Wait..not enough morning coffee yet this morning maybe, but is this "bold" prediction saying AD becomes better than PM and because of this AM should become the starter?

Perhaps AJ McCarron should become the starting QB of the Denver Broncos?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:38 AM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Truth is he is not elite- we all know that, but he is a good QB overall.  Are there better?  Yes.  Is AJ MCC one of those- no.  I hear all the Dalton hate and wonder, who exactly are we calling to replace Dalton?  An unproven 2nd year QB with a few preseason outings fighting back from injury?  If not, then who?   Someone we couldn't afford or get?  There's no better answer without trading up and taking a rookie and growing them.  I don't mind AJM, but he's not fully ready.  I think some forget the Tampa outing against second stringers.

I'm not enamored by Dalton, like a Luck or Rodgers, but I'll take him over more than 50% of the starters in this league as he is a system fit and adequate to run this offense effectively.  The only thing holding Andy back is Andy.  

Whether it is hate for Dalton, Peko, Hawk, etc- w have to reflect and realize we can't have All Pro guys at every spot.  We have to take the good with the bad and meld that into a solid overall team.  Everyone has weak spots- it's hard not to with a cap.  

Bring on the regular season.  I predict 9-7, but I am always conservative.

McCarron made 3 passes in a preseason game.  It should be apparent that he is a better passer than Andy Dalton is.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:23 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: McCarron made 3 passes in a preseason game.  It should be apparent that he is a better passer than Andy Dalton is.  

Did you see what the Eagles did this offseason? They went out and got Bradford. Why did Chip Kelly do that? He said getting to the playoffs just isn't enough, it's about winning a Super Bowl. I know most Bengals fans are scared of change because the 90s are still lurking in the back of your minds. Dalton will never take us to the Super Bowl. He has reached his ceiling. No he is not gonna magically breakout and become the best QB or a top 5 QB in the league. What you've seen the last 4 years is what you get. I'm not an NFL coach but I do see that McCarron's pocket presence is light years ahead of Dalton's only after a few preseason games. He will stand in the pocket and deliver a big throw in the of intense pressure and make the throw, something that Dalton doesn't do. He also has a stronger arm than Dalton. McCarron's ceiling is about 20 foot higher than Dalton's. I don't see McCarron starting this year unless injury but I do see him as out starter at some point in time beyond the 2015 season. Why do you think they have Dalton the contract they did? Was it just coincidence or did it give them an exit plan because they too aren't completely sold on him?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:36 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Did you see what the Eagles did this offseason?  They went out and got Bradford. Why did Chip Kelly do that? He said getting to the playoffs just isn't enough, it's about winning a Super Bowl. I know most Bengals fans are scared of change because the 90s are still lurking in the back of your minds. Dalton will never take us to the Super Bowl. He has reached his ceiling. No he is not gonna magically breakout and become the best QB or a top 5 QB in the league. What you've seen the last 4 years is what you get. I'm not an NFL coach but I do see that McCarron's pocket presence is light years ahead of Dalton's only after a few preseason games. He will stand in the pocket and deliver a big throw in the of intense pressure and make the throw, something that Dalton doesn't do. He also has a stronger arm than Dalton. McCarron's ceiling is about 20 foot higher than Dalton's. I don't see McCarron starting this year unless injury but I do see him as out starter at some point in time beyond the 2015 season. Why do you think they have Dalton the contract they did? Was it just coincidence or did it give them an exit plan because they too aren't completely sold on him?

If the Eagles make the Super Bowl it will be without Sam Bradford.  That guy has missed more games than he's played.  Chip Kelly is nothing but a gimmick coach, if Bradford got hurt in St. Louis he'll get clobbered in Phily where Kelly's offensive style will put the QB at risk.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:36 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Did you see what the Eagles did this offseason?  They went out and got Bradford. Why did Chip Kelly do that? He said getting to the playoffs just isn't enough, it's about winning a Super Bowl. I know most Bengals fans are scared of change because the 90s are still lurking in the back of your minds. Dalton will never take us to the Super Bowl. He has reached his ceiling. No he is not gonna magically breakout and become the best QB or a top 5 QB in the league. What you've seen the last 4 years is what you get. I'm not an NFL coach but I do see that McCarron's pocket presence is light years ahead of Dalton's only after a few preseason games. He will stand in the pocket and deliver a big throw in the of intense pressure and make the throw, something that Dalton doesn't do. He also has a stronger arm than Dalton. McCarron's ceiling is about 20 foot higher than Dalton's. I don't see McCarron starting this year unless injury but I do see him as out starter at some point in time beyond the 2015 season. Why do you think they have Dalton the contract they did? Was it just coincidence or did it give them an exit plan because they too aren't completely sold on him?

I don't think Dalton's "ceiling" is 1 TD and 6 picks in the playoffs.  Especially when you consider that In 64 regular season games he has 33 more TDs than he does interceptions.  If he can duplicate that sort of performance in the playoffs this team will be fine.  

And I'm not even going to bother commenting on McCarron.  Not sure how you could come to that conclusion based off a couple preseason games.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:44 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: If the Eagles make the Super Bowl it will be without Sam Bradford.  That guy has missed more games than he's played.  Chip Kelly is nothing but a gimmick coach, if Bradford got hurt in St. Louis he'll get clobbered in Phily where Kelly's offensive style will put the QB at risk.

Yeah, Kelly went out and got a QB that's been in the league a year longer than Dalton, but has played in 15 less games than he has in that time.  
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 11:04 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I don't think Dalton's "ceiling" is 1 TD and 6 picks in the playoffs.  Especially when you consider that In 64 regular season games he has 33 more TDs than he does interceptions.  If he can duplicate that sort of performance in the playoffs this team will be fine.  

And I'm not even going to bother commenting on McCarron.  Not sure how you could come to that conclusion based off a couple preseason games.  

yeah and  if billy hamilton could actually hit major league pitching and get on base he would be a great player with his speed..but he cant..how many more playoff appearances are you going to neglect,,my god man ..dalton melts under pressure..I mean some of the stuff he does under pressure in big games is comical..like a jr high quarterback

when Mc Carron was playing with the first stringers..and was under pressure..he did not implode..he fought through it and made accurate passes..unlike mr dalton
Reply/Quote
"Whether it is hate for Dalton, Peko, Hawk, etc- w have to reflect and realize we can't have All Pro guys at every spot. We have to take the good with the bad and meld that into a solid overall team. Everyone has weak spots- it's hard not to with a cap."

and we have a solid football team and coaching staff..a good football team..just not a very good football team that can play with the big boys in the playoffs..its unfortunate that fans like yourself keep giving them a pass year n year out and making excuses
Reply/Quote
agreed   100%
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:36 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Did you see what the Eagles did this offseason? They went out and got Bradford. Why did Chip Kelly do that? He said getting to the playoffs just isn't enough, it's about winning a Super Bowl. I know most Bengals fans are scared of change because the 90s are still lurking in the back of your minds. Dalton will never take us to the Super Bowl. He has reached his ceiling. No he is not gonna magically breakout and become the best QB or a top 5 QB in the league. What you've seen the last 4 years is what you get. I'm not an NFL coach but I do see that McCarron's pocket presence is light years ahead of Dalton's only after a few preseason games. He will stand in the pocket and deliver a big throw in the of intense pressure and make the throw, something that Dalton doesn't do. He also has a stronger arm than Dalton. McCarron's ceiling is about 20 foot higher than Dalton's. I don't see McCarron starting this year unless injury but I do see him as out starter at some point in time beyond the 2015 season. Why do you think they have Dalton the contract they did? Was it just coincidence or did it give them an exit plan because they too aren't completely sold on him?

So they went out and got a QB that cant stay healthy.... Traded away their good running back and got the one that had over 400 carries last year( usual decline the following season)

Daltons contract was in line with Kaepernicks... Franchise not selling the farm and letting the player bet on themselves.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 03:45 AM)JonasNJ Wrote: 2:

So your saying we will have a 1st week bye locked up going into week 17?
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 10:44 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: If the Eagles make the Super Bowl it will be without Sam Bradford.  That guy has missed more games than he's played.  Chip Kelly is nothing but a gimmick coach, if Bradford got hurt in St. Louis he'll get clobbered in Phily where Kelly's offensive style will put the QB at risk.

Sure, Chip is a gimmick coach who took the Eagles and their unimpressive roster to the playoffs 2 years in a row. Nick Foles has a better season in 2013 than Dalton could ever dream of and Chip still traded him away, because you are in this to win super bowls, not playoff appearances. Dalton clearly isn't the guy to take us to the promised land and if you think otherwise, I honestly dont know what games you have been watching. Is Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, etc Super Bowl winning QBs because they have 1 good game every couple games? No its because they are consistent. You guys can keep hoping and praying that Dalton will have one of his 2 game stretches where he plays well, and hope the stars align and he has one of em come playoff time where the pressure is on and he clearly hasnt played well under pressure, but me, Id much rather have a QB who doesnt put up a 120 qb rating one week and then throw out 2 50 qb ratings game. Like I said, Dalton is who he is. Its time to move on.
Reply/Quote