Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL ignored Ken Riley
Last night during the NFL honors show they had an In Memoriam video. Bengals great Ken Riley who died last June was left out. It's bad enough that he isn't in the HOF but to not even acknowledge his death is plain disrespectful.

Credit to Elizabeth Blackburn and the social media team for actually, for the first time, calling out the NFL for their slight. Now the next step is the team actually properly honoring their greats

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
That’s messed up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Disrespectful!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Unacceptable...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
This is gross and beyond pathetic.
Reply/Quote
As shitty as it is, it’s been 30 years since tge Bengals have been important. If they start winning again, the NFL may start respecting the Bengals and there past
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 05:35 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: As shitty as it is, it’s been 30 years since tge Bengals have been important. If they start winning again, the NFL may start respecting the Bengals and there past

"win games and then maybe the NFL will remember one of the best cornerbacks to ever play who just died in june"
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 05:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: "win games and then maybe the NFL will remember one of the best cornerbacks to ever play who just died in june"

How many fans exist outside Cincinnati again? Not too many, which is the Bengals problem. The fanbases of other more popular teams will get more of there history shown than ours ever will. WE know about our superstars, our legends, we know about our big flops and what if players (Greg Cook etc) but damn near no one else will, because the Bengals of the past 30 years have been garbage because no one cares about this team.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 05:54 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: How many fans exist outside Cincinnati again? Not too many, which is the Bengals problem. The fanbases of other more popular teams will get more of there history shown than ours ever will. WE know about our superstars, our legends, we know about our big flops and what if players (Greg Cook etc) but damn near no one else will, because the Bengals of the past 30 years have been garbage because no one cares about this team.

Guy is top 5 in career INT’s, it’s beyond ridiculous to not show him during an in memoriam. Doesn’t matter how relevant the team has been before or since.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 06:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Guy is top 5 in career INT’s, it’s beyond ridiculous to not show him during an in memoriam. Doesn’t matter how relevant the team has been before or since.

this. and He's multiple times all pro

It's not a matter of fanbase that they ignored him

they just ignored him
Reply/Quote
Who's the least competent of these three names.
Pete Rozelle
Paul Tagliabue
Roger Goodell
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
This is in no way, shape of form on the Bengals, as much as a couple of you are suggesting. It doesn't matter how many games the team wins or loses, and it does not matter how many fans in other markets know about Riley. The was an NFL production, and the NFL knows all about Riley. It's sad and pathetic that they did not acknowledge him and whoever put that clip together should lose their job over it.
Reply/Quote
Bengals used to being dis-respected. At least they responded.
Reply/Quote
Not surprised at all, to be honest
Reply/Quote
This isn't shocking at all. We're an afterthought to the league and its fans. Hell, many of them confuse us for the Shitstains half the time.

This week's Inside the NFL had an NFL Films recap of the best plays of the season. I knew before they rolled the film that we'd be ignored. Saw the Steelers, Ravens and Shitstains several times, but other than a play where some other team scored on us, nary a Bengal was seen. It's why I stopped bothering to listening to the NFL channel on Sirius. We're never discussed during the regular season. We're Siberia as far as the league is concerned.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I expect us to get passed over for current events. Things like "best plays from this year" or whatever. But the NFL offices should be highly aware of guys who made an impact in the past. Legacy players. It doesn't matter who they played for or when, those guys should be recognized. Such a slap in the face to a great like Ken Riley, and to his family. The HOF snub is already disgraceful, but him being left out of that presentation is just inexcusable.
Reply/Quote
It's absolute bs the NFL could miss such a player. For a league that makes about 15 billion dollars a year in revenue there is absolutely zero excuse for such an oversight.

All that said, I do cringe a little bit when the Bengals complain about something like this. Don't get me wrong, they should stand up for their player, and it's the right thing do to. But coming from a team that refuses to honor their own players it comes across a little bit ironic for them to complain about others not doing it either.

If the Bengals are that concerned about honoring the legacy of Ken Riley then they could actually do something about it. Honor him yourselves. Build a Hall of Fame, or Ring of Honor. There's not a single reason they can't or shouldn't do this.
Reply/Quote
NFL puts too much on winning Super Bowls, IMO.
You shouldn't exclude or grant HoF because of what the team accomplished. It should be based on individual production.
And it's laughable that someone with the 5th-highest career INTs is not in.
The closest active player (in an era of heavy passing nonetheless) is Richard Sherman with just 36 INTs. That's 29 fewer than Riley.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Riley screwed again. Shameful.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2021, 06:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Guy is top 5 in career INT’s, it’s beyond ridiculous to not show him during an in memoriam. Doesn’t matter how relevant the team has been before or since.

STILL top 5 after how many years out of the game? This is just pathetic....but it's ol Shitsburgh Roger Rooney, so I wouldn't expect anything less from that prick.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote