Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL ratings and poor officiating
(10-08-2016, 10:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It matters not what color, religion, beliefs, background, or anything else you are. During the National Anthem is not the time or the place to protest. To many people of all colors/religions have died protecting our country and that flag.

And I'm DAMN PROUD to be against that kind of protest !

Anybody who would disrespect our flag should be deported with out question ASAP !

Protest all you want, this country has many problems, I agree. But it's still the greatest country on earth. If you don't believe that go to some foreign land and try it,

This  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 11:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Definitely believe the NFL is biased against teams not in the big fan base clique.

Money, money, money.

As in the Packers, Steelers, Patriots, Giants, Broncos, Seahawks?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 10:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It matters not what color, religion, beliefs, background, or anything else you are. During the National Anthem is not the time or the place to protest. To many people of all colors/religions have died protecting our country and that flag.

And I'm DAMN PROUD to be against that kind of protest !

Anybody who would disrespect our flag should be deported with out question ASAP !

Protest all you want, this country has many problems, I agree. But it's still the greatest country on earth. If you don't believe that go to some foreign land and try it,
I am proud and lucky to be born an American, but if worship of symbols becomes a requirement of citizenship it is the beginning of the end.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 12:42 AM)tlotharw Wrote: I am proud and lucky to be born an American, but if worship of symbols becomes a requirement of citizenship it is the beginning of the end.

Aren't you a bit over the top???
Reply/Quote
So if it should be required to stand for the flag or national anthem then shouldn't it also be required that every citizen to watch every televised game where the anthem and flag is on display?  Hardly. Feel free to wrap yourself in the flag all you like, but it's not a requirement and never will be nor should it be. While you might feel that your patriotism ought to entitle you to special consideration plenty of people have died who would disagree.
My own father served 4 years in the US Marine corps and all but one of his 5 children served too, myself included as well as his father. Yet, because he was born at home and delivered by a midwife as was common in 1928 and was never issued a birth certificate he is now ineligible to vote in South Carolina after having voted most of his life . Try telling my dad he has to stand for the flag and a song. Good luck with that. 
And by the way, how about a list of every foreign nation's domestic policies regarding requirements to stand for flags and songs.. I hear that type of tripe tossed around, but I never see the lists nor those policies.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 02:33 AM)grampahol Wrote: So if it should be required to stand for the flag or national anthem then shouldn't it also be required that every citizen to watch every televised game where the anthem and flag is on display?  Hardly. Feel free to wrap yourself in the flag all you like, but it's not a requirement and never will be nor should it be. While you might feel that your patriotism ought to entitle you to special consideration plenty of people have died who would disagree.
My own father served 4 years in the US Marine corps and all but one of his 5 children served too, myself included as well as his father. Yet, because he was born at home and delivered by a midwife as was common in 1928 and was never issued a birth certificate he is now ineligible to vote in South Carolina after having voted most of his life . Try telling my dad he has to stand for the flag and a song. Good luck with that. 
And by the way, how about a list of every foreign nation's domestic policies regarding requirements to stand for flags and songs.. I hear that type of tripe tossed around, but I never see the lists nor those policies.  

I think the "protesters" are idiots and I want to be clear on that. However, they have a right to feel the way they do and I cant take that away from them. But where my problem is, is how Goodell threatened punishment when Dallas players wanted to wear something that displayed support for the Dallas police --specifically the ones murdered in cold blood by a BLM dude, yet he is totally ok with the anti-America stuff. That shows Goodell and his true colors and that should be enough for anyone with a soul. 

BUT! I have been callin for Goodell's ousting since his very first year and I'm sad to say I was right about him from the very beginning. He's turning the league PC and its not working. He's inconsistent with punishments and absolutely, totally biased about all of it. Not too mention everything is becoming absurdly expensive. I had a very long argument over this on the old board, mostly with 34colbert when Goodell was new and every year since that I feel more and more vindicated in my feelings towards Goodell. It was easy to see this coming --he showed his ass the first day on the job if you ask me. I've got friends who turned the NFL off 3 years ago or more after being die hard fans. I'm reduced to watching someone's illegal stream of the games myself. I'm definitely not paying to see anything NFL until Goodell is gone, not even the Bengals. I love my team but the sport itself is being ruined at a more rapid rate all the time. It will not end well for Roger. He punishes people differently for the same stuff, and ever since he's been all over every inch of players personal lives, the media has turned into less about the sport and more about the drama. I miss the days where you didnt have to constantly hear about the drama and off field stuff and it was more about guys playing football. It would also be nice if everything outside of hugging someone to the ground wouldnt be flagged. This isnt pattycake. These dudes signed up to beat the crap out of each other. All these flags are taking too much away from the games.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2016, 10:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Anybody who would disrespect our flag should be deported with out question ASAP !

That's the very definition of anti-patriotism.
Reply/Quote
The NFL ratings are down because just like politics, the game is rigged in favor of favorite teams always getting a crucial call to beat the less favorite team. Add in, the NFL used to be known for Patriotism, but to allow players to sit and not respect the flag is unacceptable. There are many ways to protest, this method only pisses me off.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 01:06 AM)Derrick Wrote: Aren't you a bit over the top???
He's not telling people who disagree with him to leave the country. I don't think his post is over the top in any way.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 12:03 PM)jason Wrote: He's not telling people who disagree with him to leave the country. I don't think his post is over the top in any way.

I concur.
Reply/Quote
The whole conspiracy thing meh. We got away with a helmet to helmet on 3rd down early in the game against Steelers. Has Morelli been investigated as a closet Steeler fan? He was official in superbowl against the seahawks as well. 2nd worse call I' have ever seen in a Bengal game been a fan since the late 80's. Mike Carey roughing the passer penalty against the Buccs being # 1. I chalk that up to Mike Carey being a complete idiot though. As far as the anthem protests go I don't like what they re doing but I support their right to do it. Racial profiling by police should be addressed but this isn't the appropriate way to go about trying to accomplish it.
Reply/Quote
You may or may not be aware that our national anthem originated as a gentleman's club drinking song in England no less. It's not "American" other than the lyrics and the lyrics were taken from a poem about defending a fort. But keep going into subsequent verses few people know and it really slams the idea of slaves being allowed to serve in the British forces in exchange for freedom.  Additionally it was not the national anthem until 1931 during prohibition no less.. A drinking song made the national anthem when alcohol was banned with borrowed racist verses..

Nothing more patriotic than that, huh?
Ignorance of history is a bad excuse for patriotism..but what could be more patriotic? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Yep, thanks for educating them. Sorry to derail the thread.

If Baltimore wins and Pittsburgh win today (currently both leading), I think it's going to be very tough for us to get a playoff spot.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 03:01 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yep, thanks for educating them. Sorry to derail the thread.

If Baltimore wins and Pittsburgh win today (currently both leading), I think it's going to be very tough for us to get a playoff spot.
Why?

We would still be vying with Oakland and Buffalo for the 2nd WC spot.  We will face Buffalo later in the year and should win it.  Looking at Oakland's schedule, I don't see them finishing any better than 9-7.
Reply/Quote
There's also Kansas City.

Wild card race is looking to be very tough this year.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 03:49 PM)Big Boss Wrote: There's also Kansas City.  

Wild card race is looking to be very tough this year.

Something about them this season leads me to believe they are going to fall off early and be too far behind the eight ball to really be in the race.
Reply/Quote