Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NRA Was 'Foreign Asset' To Russia Ahead of 2016, New Senate Report Reveals
(10-03-2019, 07:33 PM)jj22 Wrote: No one loves seeing Americans die from their own hand from gun violence like a country like Russia.

Seems like something they'd back.

Well then, it's a good thing for us the homicide rate has dropped precipitously since the early 90's while gun ownership has soared.  Hurrah!
(10-03-2019, 05:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  Turning law abiding citizens into criminals with the stroke of a pen is the very definition of tyranny. 

No it is not.

If a law passes Constitutional muster in a democracy then a law does not equal "tyranny" just because you disagree with it.
(10-03-2019, 05:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:  I'm pleased that Robert Francis, Biden and Warren have finally admitted what we've always known, confiscation is the end game for the anti-gun side.  They're not even bothering to deny it any longer.  Turning law abiding citizens into criminals with the stroke of a pen is the very definition of tyranny. 

(10-03-2019, 09:03 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Please direct comments to ideas presented and not the persons presenting the ideas.

So, can I mention the NRA and NRA supporters in this thread about the NRA?

I want to follow the rules, but I am not sure how they work.
(10-03-2019, 10:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Well then, it's a good thing for us the homicide rate has dropped precipitously since the early 90's while gun ownership has soared.  Hurrah!

Another popular NRA speaking point that is not true.

In 1990 47% of households owned a gun.  That number has dropped to 43% in 2018.

Gun owners are buying more guns, but the percentage of households that own guns has dropped.
(10-04-2019, 01:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So, can I mention the NRA and NRA supporters in this thread about the NRA?

I want to follow the rules, but I am not sure how they work.

The NRA? Absolutely.

NRA supporters? As a group: sure. By individual's name or their Board name: no (outside of celebrities like LaPierre, etc.)

The particular emphasis here is about calling out other members in posts.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(10-03-2019, 10:33 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Also, said universal background checks would require a national database of owned firearms to be enacted.  Such a database could then be used in the future by Dems like Robert Francis, Biden and Warren who are openly campaigning, to varying degrees, on the confiscation of legally purchased private property.  Those public, and finally honest, statements from leading candidates for POTUS (and Robert Francis) have utterly squashed any chance of universal background checks being agreed upon.  It's almost like they don't really care about gun violence.

So just to be clear.  The people who support a gun registry that would make it possible to enforce laws to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and mentally insane people don't care about gun violence?  

If they don't care about gun violence then why are they opposed to high-capacity semi-automatic weapons?

Why do you think they are proposing these types of legislation if they don't care about gun violence?

Do the people who oppose universal background checks care about gun violence?  And if so what are they doing about it.  Seems all I hear is the talking point "enforce current laws" yet even you admit that it would require a gun registry to enforce any meaningful laws regarding background checks.  So how can they demand enforcement and at the same time oppose the laws that make enforcement possible?