Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NY Fraud cost will cost Trump over $350 miillion
(03-18-2024, 01:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Businesses Beware pull out of NY before they come for you too for Check notes...

Paying back the loan the bank gave you with interest...

I think the leader is rubbing off on the GOP. And not the orange make up. The bad character traits.

Claiming to be about personal responsibility. Claiming to be about law and order. Then crying because the fraud got busted and has to deal with the consequences of his actions. Imo that makes them a fraud for acting like those are their beliefs but doing the exact opposite.
Reply/Quote
Being that much indebted makes his a security threat already considering how tidy he is with national secret documents.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2024, 01:58 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Being that much indebted makes his a security threat already considering how tidy he is with national secret documents.

Yeah we wouldnt want him selling those secrets or getting paid 8 mil to put them in abook
Reply/Quote
why arent Jared and Ivanka helping out with this bond?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 11:23 AM)pally Wrote: why arent Jared and Ivanka helping out with this bond?

Jared's investing in land in the Gaza strip and Ivanka was raised to not care about anyone.

Probably.  Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 11:23 AM)pally Wrote: why arent Jared and Ivanka helping out with this bond?

Why doesn't every 2020 Trump voter just send him $5?

Side note, I always want to point out how this conservative meme seems to have disappeared now that Trump is facing legal issues:

[Image: ubtdb6yp8ja51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...7ccccc1131]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have to see if anyone has fact checked him on this.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-03-21-135550.png]

I started to and after the first two sentences were wrong I stopped.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 02:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: I have to see if anyone has fact checked him on this.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-03-21-135550.png]

I started to and after the first two sentences were wrong I stopped.

The question I have is if his real estate value is as high as it is reported, why doesn't he take a mortgage out for the bond and/or putting up the cash? He would receive more value going that route than the fire sale method the state would take. My supposition here is that he doesn't have enough in unencumbered assets to make that happen.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 04:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The question I have is if his real estate value is as high as it is reported, why doesn't he take a mortgage out for the bond and/or putting up the cash? He would receive more value going that route than the fire sale method the state would take. My supposition here is that he doesn't have enough in unencumbered assets to make that happen.

I've seen that question around the interwebs and just don't know the answer.

No one is offering to back him.
No one is offering to loan him.
No move to do as you say.

I just can't see how the seizing of his properties will go down either though.

On the other he has backed himself into a pretty bad spot.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 04:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The question I have is if his real estate value is as high as it is reported, why doesn't he take a mortgage out for the bond and/or putting up the cash? He would receive more value going that route than the fire sale method the state would take. My supposition here is that he doesn't have enough in unencumbered assets to make that happen.

You're probably right.  But this begs the question, why does he have to post a bond to appeal at all?

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 06:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're probably right.  But this begs the question, why does he have to post a bond to appeal at all?

It is Trump so liberals feel this is fair.  Sarcasm
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

It's likely not that simple.  Ignoring that some just won't consider doing business with him because of the politics, most (if not all) his properties probably already have a mortgage.  He probably has somewhere between 30-50% equity on most of his properties.  But there's already a first lien on the primary mortgage.  To take out a second lien loan might not leave much equity after a liquidation, so not enough for a second lien. Heck, he may have a second lien already on many of his properties.

I don't know why he can't just put assets in trust as collateral, plus the debt service payments to stay current.  But I also saw somewhere that loans to individuals and closely held companies in excess of $100M are rare, regardless of collateral and liquidity.

I would think he has an excellent chance on massively reducing the penalty on appeal.  The bond should be stayed, or alternative arrangements made, when there's a chance for irreparable harm pending a reversal on appeal.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote
Interestingly enough, CNN making the argument Trump could sell Mar A Lago for "hundreds of millions" almost immediately.

Starts at 5:18 if the board doesn't allow the cut to time stamp I added.

Didn't the judge and James value Mar A Lago at $18 million based solely on property taxes? I totally understand why some people hate Trump, but this is effing crazy, right out in the open.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 06:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're probably right.  But this begs the question, why does he have to post a bond to appeal at all?

For any sort of civil penalty, in order to appeal there you must put the amount in escrow or post a bond for the balance. That is SOP for these things.

(03-21-2024, 06:33 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: It's likely not that simple.  Ignoring that some just won't consider doing business with him because of the politics, most (if not all) his properties probably already have a mortgage.  He probably has somewhere between 30-50% equity on most of his properties.  But there's already a first lien on the primary mortgage.  To take out a second lien loan might not leave much equity after a liquidation, so not enough for a second lien. Heck, he may have a second lien already on many of his properties.

I don't know why he can't just put assets in trust as collateral, plus the debt service payments to stay current.  But I also saw somewhere that loans to individuals and closely held companies in excess of $100M are rare, regardless of collateral and liquidity.

I would think he has an excellent chance on massively reducing the penalty on appeal.  The bond should be stayed, or alternative arrangements made, when there's a chance for irreparable harm pending a reversal on appeal.

Well, this is why I make the supposition that he doesn't have enough in unencumbered assets. Essentially it is just a more broad and shortened way of saying what you just did.

As for the reduction in penalty, I am not so sure. The law does not require victims to be enforced and the calculations were above board from my understanding. The legal analyses I have seen pointing in that direction have been few and far between. Not saying it's not possible, but I don't think it is very likely.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 06:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Interestingly enough, CNN making the argument Trump could sell Mar A Lago for "hundreds of millions" almost immediately.

Starts at 5:18 if the board doesn't allow the cut to time stamp I added.

Didn't the judge and James value Mar A Lago at $18 million based solely on property taxes? I totally understand why some people hate Trump, but this is effing crazy, right out in the open.

https://pbcpao.gov/Property/Details?parcelId=50434335000020390

Taxable value. $33 million.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 07:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: https://pbcpao.gov/Property/Details?parcelId=50434335000020390

Taxable value. $33 million.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-maralago-lawsuit-palm-beach-51fea4e520b1901c1c045590b2a7bdc0

Siding with New York’s attorney general in a lawsuit accusing Trump of grossly overvaluing his assets, Judge Arthur Engoron found that Trump consistently exaggerated Mar-a-Lago’s worth. He noted that one Trump estimate of the club’s value was 2,300% times the Palm Beach County tax appraiser’s valuations, which ranged from $18 million to $37 million.

Sorry, no gotcha for you here.  Still, feel free to weigh in on CNN now stating it's worth hundreds of millions.  

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 07:18 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: For any sort of civil penalty, in order to appeal there you must put the amount in escrow or post a bond for the balance. That is SOP for these things.

Who determines the amount?  Is it set by law?

Reply/Quote
What i've heard on this....Part of his appeal will be that the financial judgement is excessive, yet the law says in order to appeal it has to be paid first.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 07:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Who determines the amount?  Is it set by law?

I am not sure if it is the law or, if so, what the law states. I am sure that varies by state. Anyway, the usual case is that the full amount must be covered so that if the appeal fails the funds can be immediately claimed by the plaintiff. It is intended to prevent the hiding of assets during the delay caused by the appeals process.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2024, 07:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: https://apnews.com/article/trump-maralago-lawsuit-palm-beach-51fea4e520b1901c1c045590b2a7bdc0

Siding with New York’s attorney general in a lawsuit accusing Trump of grossly overvaluing his assets, Judge Arthur Engoron found that Trump consistently exaggerated Mar-a-Lago’s worth. He noted that one Trump estimate of the club’s value was 2,300% times the Palm Beach County tax appraiser’s valuations, which ranged from $18 million to $37 million.

Sorry, no gotcha for you here.  Still, feel free to weigh in on CNN now stating it's worth hundreds of millions.  

No gotcha. Just a decades worth of property appraisal values which is how I think the legal system probably would have came up with their figures.

Now could Trump find a buyer for more? Sure it’s a possibility. How much did the Bears think they were going to get for Justin Fields? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Now if we drop some sanctions on Russia I’m sure he would find a wealthy Russian investor to bail him out.

https://money.cnn.com/2016/07/27/news/donald-trump-russian-deal-mansion/index.html
Reply/Quote