Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So is McCarron playing?
(08-15-2015, 03:16 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: I know the feeling I've been looking forward to his first preseason game since I wrote a long ass post about how good he really is. I've been waiting for him to shut up the haters who seem to think he is going to suck because he came from the best college in college football. Too many people overlook AJ because Bama was typically a run heavy school. But as with every other level of football, successful teams moved to a more pass heavy offense. Bama's O during Mccarron's time was actually very similar to an NFL O, much more so than say Baylor, A&M or Oregon's offenses are. I'm ready for him to break the stereotype once and for all so comments like this one will stop:

Really? You would like to see us drop our #2 QB who is still under a rookie deal and shows plenty of promise to instead pick up NY's 3rd string guy who couldn't beat out Chad Henne or Blaine Gabbert to secure a roster spot with the Jaguars. He most likely will be cut as he's only a practice squad member who hasn't ever won a QB competition in the NFL. He managed a 3 for 7 late in a preseason game and you want him over McCarron? Hold your horses dude.

McCarron just needs to get healthy, seems like we have been saying this forever. That is the prob.

Stanzi does have a nice motion, which lots of QB's do not have, i can see why someone would see the potential.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 03:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Who is out there.

Jason Campbell
Michael Vick

Anyone else?

Is Jordan Palmer signed anywhere?

Trades are possible as well. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 03:16 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: I know the feeling I've been looking forward to his first preseason game since I wrote a long ass post about how good he really is. I've been waiting for him to shut up the haters who seem to think he is going to suck because he came from the best college in college football. Too many people overlook AJ because Bama was typically a run heavy school. But as with every other level of football, successful teams moved to a more pass heavy offense. Bama's O during Mccarron's time was actually very similar to an NFL O, much more so than say Baylor, A&M or Oregon's offenses are. I'm ready for him to break the stereotype once and for all so comments like this one will stop:

Really? You would like to see us drop our #2 QB who is still under a rookie deal and shows plenty of promise to instead pick up NY's 3rd string guy who couldn't beat out Chad Henne or Blaine Gabbert to secure a roster spot with the Jaguars. He most likely will be cut as he's only a practice squad member who hasn't ever won a QB competition in the NFL. He managed a 3 for 7 late in a preseason game and you want him over McCarron? Hold your horses dude.

Can't make the club in the tub.

The shoulder issues and now a chest issue in no contact is troublesome.

He literally hurt himself throwing the ball in pads.

Until the guy throws a pass in preseason he is pretty much expendable if someone else steps up in my mind.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:45 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's true it's only pre-season but I can see why people are a bit miffed he isn't suiting up for his first chance to play after all this time.

Agreed. I think McCarron could be a solid backup, but it's fully understandable that some (including me) are starting to get impatient. If McCarron were some FA on the streets, people on here would be saying he's made of glass.

(08-15-2015, 02:47 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If he misses the next game, it wouldn't shock me if the Bengals tried to find another QB to bring in

I was thinking the same. I doubt they're all that confident in Josh Johnson.

Jason Campbell
Michael Vick

Anyone else?

Vick - he's the best of the bunch, but I think teams are avoiding him because he'd be a high profile backup.
Matt Flynn - still not ready to go, last I heard.
Tyler Thigpen - I'd be interested.
Ryan Lindley - yeah I'd probably rather have JJ

Not much to choose from. I'd really like Flynn if he were ready. Thigpen wouldn't be a bad choice.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 04:13 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Trades are possible as well. 

Matt Barkley is rumored to be available. A 7th would probably get him at this point.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 02:47 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If he misses the next game, it wouldn't shock me if the Bengals tried to find another QB to bring in

Rex Grossman always gets signed by someone this time of year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Jason Campbell
Michael Vick

Anyone else?

If Henne is dropped I'd pick him up.

Would we take a shot at Brian Hoyer? He has his moments but I don't know...
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Can I dream that Tajh Boyd gets picked up and makes the team as the #2?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 03:06 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Can I dream that Tajh Boyd gets picked up and makes the team as the #2?

You may as well just dream that McCarron can throw a football sometime before his rookie contract expires.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 03:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: You may as well just dream that McCarron can throw a football sometime before his rookie contract expires.

The only McCarron I want to dream about playing with balls is this one....

[Image: 13_katherine-webb_09.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 03:15 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The only McCarron I want to dream about playing with balls is this one....

I know it's the angle and it's also not what most of us are looking at, but her legs look weird in this shot.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 11:01 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I know it's the angle and it's also not what most of us are looking at, but her legs look weird in this shot.

[Image: image.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 11:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. I think McCarron could be a solid backup, but it's fully understandable that some (including me) are starting to get impatient. If McCarron were some FA on the streets, people on here would be saying he's made of glass.

I was thinking the same. I doubt they're all that confident in Josh Johnson.

Vick - he's the best of the bunch, but I think teams are avoiding him because he'd be a high profile backup.
Matt Flynn - still not ready to go, last I heard.
Tyler Thigpen - I'd be interested.
Ryan Lindley - yeah I'd probably rather have JJ

Not much to choose from. I'd really like Flynn if he were ready. Thigpen wouldn't be a bad choice.

Could always throw a late draft pick at the eagles for barkley.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 02:57 AM)EatonFan Wrote: If Henne is dropped I'd pick him up.

Would we take a shot at Brian Hoyer? He has his moments but I don't know...

isnt Hoyer the starter in Texas?
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2015, 11:04 AM)djs7685 Wrote: [Image: image.jpg]

LOL I'd still bang her if I wasn't married and for some reason she were into overweight video gaming nerds.

Reminds me of Shallow Hal and Jason Alexander's character and that one girl who was smoking hot but he broke up with her because she had a weird toe or something.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2015, 03:15 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The only McCarron I want to dream about playing with balls is this one....

Well I just pulled a muscle.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 11:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Matt Barkley is rumored to be available. A 7th would probably get him at this point.

If McCarron isn't ready, you have to consider this.  Though JJ has some experience in the system, Barkley gives you a passer that will actually survey the field some rather than takeoff is his first option isn't open.  If Barkley somehow had to be your starter he at least gives you a chance to have other guys win the game.  JJ is a guy you cut and call in an emergency situation for one game.  You give the 7th as I don't think Barkley passes that far on waivers.  
Reply/Quote