Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So is McCarron playing?
(08-14-2015, 07:29 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: You are right.
Checked NFL.com
He is 5-5
But I honestly think there was a play where he threw the ball and it was incomplete, but there was a holding call. So the other team took the penalty thus negating the incompletion. I could be wrong

That sounds feasible.   Sooner or later, he's bound to miss one.  I'm thinking it'll be long time before he throws another one to Andy. 

I love those plays.  Worked every time.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 07:31 PM)McC Wrote: That sounds feasible.   Sooner or later, he's bound to miss one.  I'm thinking it'll be long time before he throws another one to Andy. 

I love those plays.  Worked every time.

Funny you bring that play up.
So many want Andy to fail or say he has, but when that ball was thrown...every Bengals fan either missed a heart beat, freaked out, or just plain panicked for a second thinking the season was over.

Funny ...that...no faith in him but without him the season is over.
Crap turned this into a Dalton thread...GUILTY I AM
[Image: 2qGWGd.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 07:34 PM)Lqhybrid25 Wrote: Funny you bring that play up.
So many want Andy to fail or say he has, but when that ball was thrown...every Bengals fan either missed a heart beat, freaked out, or just plain panicked for a second thinking the season was over.

Funny ...that...no faith in him but without him the season is over.
Crap turned this into a Dalton thread...GUILTY I AM

I love having that weapon.  Every time Sanu gets the ball in the backfield, defenses have to at least hesitate before they come charging at him.  And Hue has been great at knowing when to use it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Checked NFL.com
He is 5-5
But I honestly think there was a play where he threw the ball and it was incomplete, but there was a holding call. So the other team took the penalty thus negating the incompletion. I could be wrong

I thought he missed 1 as well. Glad I was wrong!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Checked NFL.com
He is 5-5

Yeah, in the end, still perfect. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 07:49 PM)McC Wrote: I love having that weapon.  Every time Sanu gets the ball in the backfield, defenses have to at least hesitate before they come charging at him.  And Hue has been great at knowing when to use it.

(08-14-2015, 07:59 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: I thought he missed 1 as well.  Glad I was wrong!

Same
Reply/Quote
If the Giants cut Stanzi I would like to see us drop McCarron and scoop him up. He has a nice throw.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:14 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: If the Giants cut Stanzi I would like to see us drop McCarron and scoop him up. He has a nice throw.

What the hell? Why McCarron?
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:18 AM)milksheikh Wrote: What the hell? Why McCarron?

The idea of a back up QB is to be ready if your starter gets injured. You can't have your back up staying injured even though he has not taken a snap.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:20 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: The idea of a back up QB is to be ready if your starter gets injured. You can't have your back up staying injured even though he has not taken a snap.
Give him time, tf.

It's only preseason.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:25 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Give him time, tf.

It's only preseason.

It's true it's only pre-season but I can see why people are a bit miffed he isn't suiting up for his first chance to play after all this time.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:45 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's true it's only pre-season but I can see why people are a bit miffed he isn't suiting up for his first chance to play after all this time.

Okay, I can see that but come on give him another week or so and hopefully he suits up next game.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:51 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Okay, I can see that but come on give him another week or so and hopefully he suits up next game.

All I can do is hope.  I mean, I'm sure he'll suit up eventually but it's pretty disappointing, regardless.  It's like waiting all year for Christmas and then your parents saying "Oh nuts to it, let's wait one more day!"
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 12:51 AM)milksheikh Wrote: Okay, I can see that but come on give him another week or so and hopefully he suits up next game.

The thing is, the Bengals want to go with only 2 QBs on the roster. They can't do that with McCarron being the other QB if they don't know how he'll do in actual game situations. 

IMO, most Bengals fans would rather get rid of McCarron and go with someone else than having 3 QBs on the roster and losing someone else.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 01:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: All I can do is hope.  I mean, I'm sure he'll suit up eventually but it's pretty disappointing, regardless.  It's like waiting all year for Christmas and then your parents saying "Oh nuts to it, let's wait one more day!"

Yeah, it is getting frustrating.

I will have to just not care anymore about our backup QB situation.

Good thing we have a decent starter that has shown he can stay healthy, knock on wood.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 02:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The thing is, the Bengals want to go with only 2 QBs on the roster. They can't do that with McCarron being the other QB if they don't know how he'll do in actual game situations. 

IMO, most Bengals fans would rather get rid of McCarron and go with someone else than having 3 QBs on the roster and losing someone else.

If he misses the next game, it wouldn't shock me if the Bengals tried to find another QB to bring in
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 01:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: All I can do is hope.  I mean, I'm sure he'll suit up eventually but it's pretty disappointing, regardless.  It's like waiting all year for Christmas and then your parents saying "Oh nuts to it, let's wait one more day!"

I know the feeling I've been looking forward to his first preseason game since I wrote a long ass post about how good he really is. I've been waiting for him to shut up the haters who seem to think he is going to suck because he came from the best college in college football. Too many people overlook AJ because Bama was typically a run heavy school. But as with every other level of football, successful teams moved to a more pass heavy offense. Bama's O during Mccarron's time was actually very similar to an NFL O, much more so than say Baylor, A&M or Oregon's offenses are. I'm ready for him to break the stereotype once and for all so comments like this one will stop:

(08-15-2015, 12:14 AM)Lawless_1 Wrote: If the Giants cut Stanzi I would like to see us drop McCarron and scoop him up. He has a nice throw.

Really? You would like to see us drop our #2 QB who is still under a rookie deal and shows plenty of promise to instead pick up NY's 3rd string guy who couldn't beat out Chad Henne or Blaine Gabbert to secure a roster spot with the Jaguars. He most likely will be cut as he's only a practice squad member who hasn't ever won a QB competition in the NFL. He managed a 3 for 7 late in a preseason game and you want him over McCarron? Hold your horses dude.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 02:47 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If he misses the next game, it wouldn't shock me if the Bengals tried to find another QB to bring in

Who is out there.

Jason Campbell
Michael Vick

Anyone else?

Is Jordan Palmer signed anywhere?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 03:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Is Jordan Palmer signed anywhere?

Probably a CFL backup.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 02:47 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If he misses the next game, it wouldn't shock me if the Bengals tried to find another QB to bring in

It would shock me just because I think they really want to give him a fair chance, they certainly have been just about as patient as a team could be with a backup QB. But if he's out next game I'm kinda in the same boat as we need a singular backup QB to carry through the season. I believe he's an investment worth keeping though and I think the coaching staff feels the same.
Reply/Quote