Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Nancy gets her hair did
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/01/nancy-pelosi-visited-hair-salon-despite-coronavirus-closures/5686944002/

"Keep those businesses closed" unless of course I need my hair did.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 11:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/01/nancy-pelosi-visited-hair-salon-despite-coronavirus-closures/5686944002/

"Keep those businesses closed" unless of course I need my hair did.

She took science and slapped it in the face!
Reply/Quote
She said it was fake news, so that solves that problem.

But on a serious note... Color me shocked that the wealthy elites do whatever they want in this country. All of them. It's almost like there's a different set of standards for the haves and the have nots... Regardless of race, ability, or creed.

Oh well... Whatayagonnado?

In other news; Dr Fauci's voice sounds shockingly different after surgery.... Witchcraft?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 11:46 PM)jason Wrote: She said it was fake news, so that solves that problem.

But on a serious note... Color me shocked that the wealthy elites do whatever they want in this country. All of them.  It's almost like there's a different set of standards for the haves and the have nots... Regardless of race, ability, or creed.

In other news; Dr Fauci's voice sounds shockingly different after surgery.... Witchcraft?

The "both sides do it" defense. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
No... The wealthy.

I dunno what took you so long to get around to this anyway. Kilmeade, Rush, and Hannity were beside themselves about it all day. I couldn't help but notice that all of those guys have looked like they never missed a cut during the pandemic either...

My friend also wants to know what made you go with the "hair did"? Was it the unfortunate choice of her and others with their African scarves or whatever awhile back?... Hold on; my dog is barking. I kid...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:01 AM)jason Wrote: No... The wealthy.

I dunno what took you so long to get around to this anyway. Kilmeade, Rush, and Hannity were beside themselves about it all day. I couldn't help but notice that all of those guys have looked like they never missed a cut during the pandemic either...

My friend also wants to know what made you go with the "hair did"? Was it the unfortunate choice of her and others with their African scarves or whatever awhile back?... Hold on; my dog is barking. I kid...

True, but Kilmeade, Rush, and Hannity haven't been pushing for shutdowns the last 6 months and demonizing people for not wearing masks.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:07 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: True, but Kilmeade, Rush, and Hannity haven't been pushing for shutdowns the last 6 months and demonizing people for not wearing masks.

Correct... They've been pushing quack cures, spreading misinformation, pulling the ol okeydoke, changing the subject, pedalling fear, lying, getting Presidential Medals of Freedom, occasionally having a good interview, and living the good life... All while having their hair ( or what's left of it in Rush's case) look amazing.

I feel like there is more to this story though. Perhaps Madam Speaker only washed her hands for 12 seconds after going potty that day to.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 11:46 PM)jason Wrote: She said it was fake news, so that solves that problem.

But on a serious note... Color me shocked that the wealthy elites do whatever they want in this country. All of them.  It's almost like there's a different set of standards for the haves and the have nots... Regardless of race, ability, or creed.

You goddamn right.
Reply/Quote
Can you imagine a reality where everyone who can in contact with you was administered an instant test to tell if they were infected with a ‘virus’?

Waiters can’t
Grocery workers can’t
Teachers can’t

Certain people can. And they live and/or donate to both sides of the aisle. But... it’s fun to toss this stuff around like anyone in this board has the privilege to live such a lifestyle.

On a side note, I’m glad that ‘what-about’ word hasn’t infected my phone auto-correct.
Reply/Quote
What I don't understand is why not just make an appointment for them to come to your house? You get your hair done so you can look nice on TV and you don't have to worry about people complaining about anything.

The real thing is we should just be reopening businesses for everyone.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 01:35 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What I don't understand is why not just make an appointment for them to come to your house? You get your hair done so you can look nice on TV and you don't have to worry about people complaining about anything.

The real thing is we should just be reopening businesses for everyone.

That’s a more subtle way to kill people than previously expressed.
Reply/Quote
She's reaching across the aisle, after all.
Reply/Quote
Color me shocked that wealthy people in positions of power flout the regulations. She deserves to take some shit for this, but it doesn't at all negate what we need to do.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Rules for thee, not for me.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 01:35 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: What I don't understand is why not just make an appointment for them to come to your house? You get your hair done so you can look nice on TV and you don't have to worry about people complaining about anything.

This is basically what she did.  It was a safe private appointment where the public would not at risk of being infected.  They just did it at a salon instead of at her home.

But to some it is basically proof that Dems want to destroy America.
Reply/Quote
Nancy Pelosi is trash.
Reply/Quote
If she knew the rules and didn’t follow them she deserves her comeuppance.

But, did she know the rules of a beauty salon as well as preening conservative commentators?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 09:50 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If she knew the rules and didn’t follow them she deserves her comeuppance.

But, did she know the rules of a beauty salon as well as preening conservative commentators?

As a national leader, she should know the rules and claiming ignorance of them is not an excuse, IMO.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 08:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This is basically what she did.  It was a safe private appointment where the public would not at risk of being infected.  They just did it at a salon instead of at her home.

But to some it is basically proof that Dems want to destroy America.

Here's the issue with that IMO. My wife for example is pretty good friends with her hairdresser and during the lock-down here in Ohio she asked if she could come to the house or vice versa to get a cut. Her hairdresser declined out of fear of losing her license if she disobeyed the lock-down order. You know how much women love their hair? LOL (I think it would have been ok had she not charged her)

It was irresponsible and sends a bad message. 

Reply/Quote
Makes total sense that this what the right wingers are upset about versus everything else going on in the US right now.

Water is wet.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote