Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate burleson is right...
Nate pointed out to the viewers on good morning football that the Bengals could be a playoff team this season..He said his reasoning comes from the schedule the Bengals have played so far noting the 8-1 combined record of the Bengals first 3 opponents...

He also said Andy dalton from 11 personnel under center is 18 for 25 72% with 2 touchdowns and no picks,I rewatched the buffalo game and we didn't start effectively moving the ball until we went to that formation..

He also pointed out that we played without a.j green and Cordy Glenn so far something alot of teams can't say..burleson also picked us over the Steelers...
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 10:07 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Nate pointed out to the viewers on good morning football that the Bengals could be a playoff team this season..He said his reasoning comes from the schedule the Bengals have played so far noting the 8-1 combined record of the Bengals first 3 opponents...

He also said Andy dalton from 11 personnel under center is 18 for 25 72% with 2 touchdowns and no picks,I rewatched the buffalo game and we didn't start effectively moving the ball until we went to that formation..

He also pointed out that we played without a.j green and Cordy Glenn so far something alot of teams can't say..burleson also picked us over the Steelers...

Pretty sure every team in the NFL can say they've played without AJ and Cordy.

WTS, he's right and I like you sharing. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fact is good teams find a way to win against good teams. The Bengals have done just enough to lose 2 out of 3 weeks this season...and blown out once.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 10:15 PM)Synric Wrote: Fact is good teams find a way to win against good teams. The Bengals have done just enough to lose 2 out of 3 weeks this season...and blown out once.
Completely agree..now they gotta go earn some w's

Reply/Quote
Anyone can win the AFC North until further notice. Still, I'm not sure how confident I can be that we are a playoff team as long as we don't run into teams like the 49ers or Bills.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 10:37 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Completely agree..now they gotta go earn some w's

Yep. It’s all about the W’s.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 10:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Anyone can win the AFC North until further notice. Still, I'm not sure how confident I can be that we are a playoff team as long as we don't run into teams like the 49ers or Bills.

49ers yeah but they should've beaten buffalo, a healthy a.j green and cordy Glenn and they're better than Seattle and buffalo just my opinion...
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 10:59 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: 49ers yeah but they should've beaten buffalo, a healthy a.j green and cordy Glenn and they're better than Seattle and buffalo just my opinion...

Well we just have to start winning games we are supposed to lose to make up for the 2 games we already lost that should have been wins. 

At least we aren't even trying to come up with reasons we shoyld have beaten the 49ers.  That makes us look more reasonable.  But 3 weeks into the season is a bit early to have multiple "shoulda won" games in the books. But hey it's a long season.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 11:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well we just have to start winning games we are supposed to lose to make up for the 2 games we already lost that should have been wins. 

At least we aren't even trying to come up with reasons we shoyld have beaten the 49ers.  That makes us look more reasonable.  But 3 weeks into the season is a bit early to have multiple "shoulda won" games in the books. But hey it's a long season.

Bills were playoff team last year and improved in offseason. Seahawks hadn’t lost at home in the month of September until their last game. Way i see it so far they have only missed out on 1 win. Even then if they lose at the Steelers that’s still only one win they missed out on. Starting the season 3/4 on the road is brutal.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 10:59 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: 49ers yeah but they should've beaten buffalo, a healthy a.j green and cordy Glenn and they're better than Seattle and buffalo just my opinion...

Those teams had injuries too.

Seattle was missing a Pro Bowl DE who has had a 14.5 and 12.0 sack season. They were missing their All-Pro starting guard. A WR who started 7 games for them last year was recovering from a broken arm. Their first round pick is also hurt like ours. 

Bills were missing their starting TE, starting RB, and starting CB.

- - - - - -
So it's kind of pointless to say that if the Bengals were healthier they would be better, because if those teams were healthier, they would be better too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hope I'm right.I have a feeling we blow out Steelers
Reply/Quote
Listen i love the Bengals more than anything in my life besides family and yes i know that’s sad but it’s true. This is not a playoff team and even mentioning it is laughable
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Maybe it's just age, maybe the team just isn't very good, maybe it's both, but it's been awhile since I have felt so disinterested in Cincinnati sports in general and the Bengals specifically. It just seems like this will be a long winter with almost nothing to look forward to other than warm weather again come spring time.. Not that I think Hobson is a great writer, he's not, but I'm less interested in anything he has to write than any time I can remember. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 10:07 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Nate pointed out to the viewers on good morning football that the Bengals could be a playoff team this season..He said his reasoning comes from the schedule the Bengals have played so far noting the 8-1 combined record of the Bengals first 3 opponents...

Fair points all, but does Nate watch the officiating?  I would be distracted if I worked with Kay Adams, too.  

In the immortal words of Billy Madison:  "Want to touch the hiney"
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2019, 11:59 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Bills were playoff team last year and improved in offseason. Seahawks hadn’t lost at home in the month of September until their last game. Way i see it so far they have only missed out on 1 win. Even then if they lose at the Steelers that’s still only one win they missed out on. Starting the season 3/4 on the road is brutal.

The Bills were 6-10 last year.  
Reply/Quote
I can't stand Kay Adams. I can feel the IQ points draining off of me when she speaks. I respect the opinions from Burleson and Schraeger or however you spell his name. Not a big fan of the pseudo gay dude.

If I want to know anything about NFL current events, I go online. If I want to know what NFL coach those four would take as a partner for The Amazing Race*, I'll watch Good Morning Football.

*Not sure if the show The Amazing Race is still on the air, but I do know that that very scenario was the last time I voluntarily watched GMFB.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
im fine with going on a run late.... But it be nice to get it started lol
Reply/Quote
He would be right...

IF we had even a league average offensive line. 

And decent linebackers. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 09:16 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I can't stand Kay Adams. I can feel the IQ points draining off of me when she speaks. I respect the opinions from Burleson and Schraeger or however you spell his name. Not a big fan of the pseudo gay dude.

If I want to know anything about NFL current events, I go online. If I want to know what NFL coach those four would take as a partner for The Amazing Race*, I'll watch Good Morning Football.

*Not sure if the show The Amazing Race is still on the air, but I do know that that very scenario was the last time I voluntarily watched GMFB.

Don't really care what she says when she talks and talks (she does have SOME good points), but she is beyond good-looking and worth watching her just for that.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2019, 12:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't really care what she says when she talks and talks (she does have SOME good points), but she is beyond good-looking and worth watching her just for that.

Def. 

On a side note; i'm off today and watching the program right now and they have a segment called 'Wall Streeters'. OMG...they just did one that was one of the funniest things i've seen on tv. If you get a chance to see it, it's well worth the watch. Hilarious!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote