Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's first Mock 2020...
(03-14-2020, 03:14 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: we are going defense rounds 2-3 and possibly 4. Yet so many of you continue to put ol and wr on here when that is not going to happen.I know this for a fact.

Please don't come on here claiming to "know things for a fact", without being able to back up why you claim that you know these things.  Many of us have been members of the Bengals message board community for a long time, and have seen an "I know this for a fact" guy a time or two..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 09:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Please don't come on here claiming to "know things for a fact", without being able to back up why you claim that you know these things.  Many of us have been members of the Bengals message board community for a long time, and have seen an "I know this for a fact" guy a time or two..

True, no one knows anything for a fact besides the guy upstairs lol
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 03:39 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Nice mock! If we can sign a Schobert or a Littleton in FA, then Delpit makes alot of sense. Most likely BPA, and I'm with you and Hammerstripes on using Williams as a nickel backer. Queen and Murray might not make out of the first round anyway. If either of them do, then I think we have a dilemma, even if we do sign a FA LB. And if Xavier McKinney falls to 33 along with Delpit, then what do we do?

All that aside, Delpit would be a great pick. Plu, he's from LSU.  

Aiyuck would be great too. He might be the closest thing to JaMarr Chase that we could give to Burrow. If he's not there, then maybe we go with Van Jefferson if we still want a WR in the third.

Bartch? Hell yeah.

Deguara? He could wind up as the starter at TE.

Sorry for overlooking your post Shady, agree with you on pretty much everything. When I watch Aiyuk I see CD Lamb 2.0.

Hopefully he can stay healthy if we Draft him unlike Ross has shown. So deep at WR man in this Draft.

Shenault is my guy at 33 if we choose to go that way along with Claypool.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 09:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sorry for overlooking your post Shady, agree with you on pretty much everything. When I watch Aiyuk I see CD Lamb 2.0.

Hopefully he can stay healthy if we Draft him unlike Ross has shown. So deep at WR man in this Draft.

Shenault is my guy at 33 if we choose to go that way along with Claypool.

Man, if Shenault is there at 33, I don't see how we don't take him. We'd be obscene at WR. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 05:30 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Man, if Shenault is there at 33, I don't see how we don't take him. We'd be obscene at WR. 

Agreed, I think this guy could be very special. Can even play RB if you want to change up looks and get all your weapons on 
the field at the same time. This guy just stands out to me, the only reason he is not a top 10 pick is how deep this Draft is at
WR. Otherwise he would never make it to the 2nd round.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I never do a Mock not including some Free Agency, this is assuming we get a decent Guard and Linebacker in FA...

1st round - Joe Burrow QB LSU - We get our Franchise QB of the future, there is not a way I go anywhere else,
I think Burrow will be special, he is cool and calm in the pocket, is extremely accurate, has great decision making, he
has great pocket awareness, he can run, he wins the big games and he is a leader.

2nd round - Grant Delpit S LSU - We are switching to a 3-4 hybrid and we need a great Safety for the switch,
Delpit is the perfect type of Safety to help us make the switch and we can move on from Shawn down the road. Can
not believe he was here, great cover Safety and underrated tackler.

3rd round - Brandon Aiyuk WR Arizona State - With this deep WR class I guess he could fall this far, steal in the 3rd.

4th round - Ben Bartch OT St. John - Get this O-line a good RT for the future, Bartch is a good one.

5th round - Josiah Deguara TE Cincinnati - Impressive TE that is a good pass catcher.

6th round - Raequan Williams DT Michigan State - Couldn't believe he was here, always thought this guy was one
heck of a player.

7th round - Jon Runyan OT Michigan - Crazy steal, don't know how this could happen, couldn't pass him up. This guy
was able to handle Chase Young at times last season.

Used TDN with this BTW. Thoughts?
I like it Nate. Ts, I like Dugger over Delpit in the second. Strong mock!
(03-10-2020, 06:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well I like it, but who else was there in the 2nd?
I'm a big fan of Kyle Dugger and Jeremy Chinn. Sadly (not for them) they are rising fast up the boards.

Dugger can return punts as well, and contribute early, while he learns the mental side of his position.

Bartch is a fav.
Runyan is a huge steal. I am hoping he's forgotten about as well (not by us lol).
Yeah, definitely not a bad mock, but I agree with you about the possibility of Dugger.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2020, 05:30 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Man, if Shenault is there at 33, I don't see how we don't take him. We'd be obscene at WR. 

I know that he's slotted there, but with 45!! Forty five, WRs beng invited to the combine, just shows how deep this WR class is. Not saying he's not talented, but no reason to reach at WR in this draft. There are going to be some stud WRs available in the 5th and 6th this year.

Go check out Quez Watkins, Collin Johnson, Antonio Golden Gandy, and Peoples-Jones.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:07 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I know that he's slotted there, but with 45!! Forty five, WRs beng invited to the combine, just shows how deep this WR class is. Not saying he's not talented, but no reason to reach at WR in this draft. There are going to be some stud WRs available in the 5th and 6th this year.

Go check out Quez Watkins, Collin Johnson, Antonio Golden Gandy, and Peoples-Jones.

I agree. Shenault looks pretty special though. I think we have to consider him if he's there, but we also other and bigger needs.  

Also, add Quintez Cephus to the list of WRs worth a look in the middle rounds. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 09:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Please don't come on here claiming to "know things for a fact", without being able to back up why you claim that you know these things.  Many of us have been members of the Bengals message board community for a long time, and have seen an "I know this for a fact" guy a time or two..

No Doubt, and if a top Offensive guy falls, we would be stupid to not take him, unless their is a valid reason for his fall.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 04:46 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No Doubt, and if a top Offensive guy falls, we would be stupid to not take him, unless their is a valid reason for his fall.

Just look at what the Bengals have done in free agency, and it'll give you a clue as to what the draft might bring.  They tagged on the best WRs in the game, they added one of the top NTs in the game, they added a solid, speedy CB with ball skills, they added an experience OL with some injury issues for cheap.

That tells me that after Burrow, I expect the door to be wide open on LB, DE, OL, S or any combination of in rounds 2,3 and 4.  If they had plans to draft interior DL or CB early, they wouldn't have signed Reader or Waynes for the money they put out there.  If they weren't thinking OL, they would have made a play for one of the better names that were available.  I think that they might really have liked to signed one of the better LBs, but the market was so fast and furious for the better ones.  

At WR, I think they see AJ Green as having 2-4 good years left in him, and will try their best to get a multi-year deal in place, before the deadline.  So, I wouldn't expect them to be drafting WR in the early rounds.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 06:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Just look at what the Bengals have done in free agency, and it'll give you a clue as to what the draft might bring.  They tagged on the best WRs in the game, they added one of the top NTs in the game, they added a solid, speedy CB with ball skills, they added an experience OL with some injury issues for cheap.

That tells me that after Burrow, I expect the door to be wide open on LB, DE, OL, S or any combination of in rounds 2,3 and 4.  If they had plans to draft interior DL or CB early, they wouldn't have signed Reader or Waynes for the money they put out there.  If they weren't thinking OL, they would have made a play for one of the better names that were available.  I think that they might really have liked to signed one of the better LBs, but the market was so fast and furious for the better ones.  

At WR, I think they see AJ Green as having 2-4 good years left in him, and will try their best to get a multi-year deal in place, before the deadline.  So, I wouldn't expect them to be drafting WR in the early rounds.

This just makes me happy Sunset, thanks brother. Rock On
Reply/Quote

I AM  a retired vet who is a distant friend with Mr. Mike Brown, and this info I have given out is only from the family,I mean no respect to anyone. Just trying to give all my friends on here a heads up as to what they are thinking. Everything is probably going to be delayed due to this virus.I have been a die-hard BENGALS FAN for a total of fifty years. If you do not respect me,thats okay,I am just a fan like all of you and yes I do know the Bengal Brass, but not going to disrespect anyone on here for your thoughts,its all just fun. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:21 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I AM  a retired vet who is a distant friend with Mr. Mike Brown, and this info I have given out is only from the family,I mean no respect to anyone. Just trying to give all my friends on here a heads up as to what they are thinking. Everything is probably going to be delayed due to this virus.I have been a die-hard BENGALS FAN for a total of fifty years. If you do not respect me,thats okay,I am just a fan like all of you and yes I do know the Bengal Brass, but not going to disrespect anyone on here for your thoughts,its all just fun. :andy:

I assure you that I intended no disrespect by my question.  It is true that through the years, these message boards both past and current, see their fair share of folks that claim to know things that the general public is not open to.  Most times, these people have turned out to just be attention seekers, making false claims for some sort of personal gratification.

If you do know Mike Brown personally, that is great, and I thank you for sharing some knowledge.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 04:21 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I AM  a retired vet who is a distant friend with Mr. Mike Brown, and this info I have given out is only from the family,I mean no respect to anyone. Just trying to give all my friends on here a heads up as to what they are thinking. Everything is probably going to be delayed due to this virus.I have been a die-hard BENGALS FAN for a total of fifty years. If you do not respect me,thats okay,I am just a fan like all of you and yes I do know the Bengal Brass, but not going to disrespect anyone on here for your thoughts,its all just fun. :andy:

I didn't know this, thanks. I still think Linebacker is most definitely in play at 33 if they want to go Defense and Safety.

But after this FA I am seeing a more Offensive Draft then before, we will see.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 03:14 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: we are going defense rounds 2-3 and possibly 4. Yet so many of you continue to put ol and wr on here when that is not going to happen.I know this for a fact.

I wouldn't doubt this one bit. 

We are stacked at WR right now. It would be nice to get a developmental WR in round 5, but there is no immediate need for a wideout this year. 

We signed a guard. And it sounds like we are trying to trade for another guard/tackle (by trading Dalton away). If we do add one more guard, that could cross Guard off the list for round 2-3, unless one falls we can't pass up.

Corner is being scratched off the list for rounds 2-3 as well. DT is likely crossed off the list unless they are looking for a 3-4 End opposite Geno.

Where is the need?

Linebacker. Inside linebacker. Outside linebacker/Edge rusher. Maybe that 3-4 End. And I'd add safety into the mix as well. As well as guard/tackle if one falls.
These are the positions I think we would target in rounds 2-4. 

Hopefully the draft falls to us the right way so we aren't reaching for picks. We've reached for too many linebackers that haven't panned out in the past--and effectively wasted those picks.

If we come out of round 2-4 with one inside linebacker, one edge/outside linebacker, and a safety, 3-4 End or Guard/tackle, I'd be pretty happy. Obviously you want to pick best player available and not reach. But those positions could very well be BPAs where we pick.
Reply/Quote