Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate's first Mock 2020...
I never do a Mock not including some Free Agency, this is assuming we get a decent Guard and Linebacker in FA...

1st round - Joe Burrow QB LSU - We get our Franchise QB of the future, there is not a way I go anywhere else,
I think Burrow will be special, he is cool and calm in the pocket, is extremely accurate, has great decision making, he
has great pocket awareness, he can run, he wins the big games and he is a leader.

2nd round - Grant Delpit S LSU - We are switching to a 3-4 hybrid and we need a great Safety for the switch,
Delpit is the perfect type of Safety to help us make the switch and we can move on from Shawn down the road. Can
not believe he was here, great cover Safety and underrated tackler.

3rd round - Brandon Aiyuk WR Arizona State - With this deep WR class I guess he could fall this far, steal in the 3rd.

4th round - Ben Bartch OT St. John - Get this O-line a good RT for the future, Bartch is a good one.

5th round - Josiah Deguara TE Cincinnati - Impressive TE that is a good pass catcher.

6th round - Raequan Williams DT Michigan State - Couldn't believe he was here, always thought this guy was one
heck of a player.

7th round - Jon Runyan OT Michigan - Crazy steal, don't know how this could happen, couldn't pass him up. This guy
was able to handle Chase Young at times last season.

Used TDN with this BTW. Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
Well I like it, but who else was there in the 2nd?
I'm a big fan of Kyle Dugger and Jeremy Chinn. Sadly (not for them) they are rising fast up the boards.

Dugger can return punts as well, and contribute early, while he learns the mental side of his position.

Bartch is a fav.
Runyan is a huge steal. I am hoping he's forgotten about as well (not by us lol).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 06:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Well I like it, but who else was there in the 2nd?
I'm a big fan of Kyle Dugger and Jeremy Chinn. Sadly (not for them) they are rising fast up the boards.

Dugger can return punts as well, and contribute early, while he learns the mental side of his position.

Bartch is a fav.
Runyan is a huge steal. I am hoping he's forgotten about as well (not by us lol).

Well, of course Dugger and Chinn were there but I find Delpit to be on another level at least coverage wise.
Reply/Quote
Love the draft. The only thing I would consider changing is WR in round 3. If some of the better RT or OG are on the board, I would be tempted to go that route.

I don't think the switch to a 3-4 really affects the secondary much. However, I would by all means be using Shawn Williams as a LB in our nickel and would run Bates and Delpit at safety. Our pass defense would improve exponentially
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 07:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Love the draft.  The only thing I would consider changing is WR in round 3.  If some of the better RT or OG are on the board, I would be tempted to go that route.

I don't think the switch to a 3-4 really affects the secondary much.  However, I would by all means be using Shawn Williams as a LB in our nickel and would run Bates and Delpit at safety.  Our pass defense would improve exponentially

Was thinking the same thing and then a bunch of Lineman got took right ahead of the 3rd round and Aiyuk which some have
mentioned as a late first rounder was there. Couldn't pass him up at that point and as you see later in the Draft I got Bartch 
and Runyan and this Draft is assuming we get either Glasgow or Fieler in FA at Guard.

Sure is nice to have a stud Safety in a 3-4 as we have seen. I don't find Shawn to be a bad Safety just think Delpit could be a
great one. Like you said, could use Shawn as a Nickel LB, he has played good in this role before.

Thanks for the input Hammerstripes. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Nice draft. I think safety in round two is likely—and a great value pick. The giants got a great one at the top of the 2nd a few years ago; it’d be nice to have similar success.

I’d rather see a corner or edge player than wr and tight end, but overall a great draft. No reaches. Good value in every round.
Reply/Quote
I like the 2nd rounder but no additional picks?

I think we'll still see a LB or two drafted even with a solid free agent signing. I'd probably remove a tackle and maybe the TE.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I never do a Mock not including some Free Agency, this is assuming we get a decent Guard and Linebacker in FA...

1st round - Joe Burrow QB LSU - We get our Franchise QB of the future, there is not a way I go anywhere else,
I think Burrow will be special, he is cool and calm in the pocket, is extremely accurate, has great decision making, he
has great pocket awareness, he can run, he wins the big games and he is a leader.

2nd round - Grant Delpit S LSU - We are switching to a 3-4 hybrid and we need a great Safety for the switch,
Delpit is the perfect type of Safety to help us make the switch and we can move on from Shawn down the road. Can

3rd round - Brandon Aiyuk WR Arizona State - With this deep WR class I guess he could fall this far, steal in the 3rd.

4th round - Ben Bartch OT St. John - Get this O-line a good RT for the future, Bartch is a good one.

5th round - Josiah Deguara TE Cincinnati - Impressive TE that is a good pass catcher.

6th round - Raequan Williams DT Michigan State - Couldn't believe he was here, always thought this guy was one
heck of a player.

7th round - Jon Runyan OT Michigan - Crazy steal, don't know how this could happen, couldn't pass him up. This guy

Good job Nate, brewskies to you!  Personally, not very big on Aiyuk. My understanding is he ran a limited route tree in college. I'm not sure what other WR will be there in the 3rd though.
Reply/Quote
Nice mock! If we can sign a Schobert or a Littleton in FA, then Delpit makes alot of sense. Most likely BPA, and I'm with you and Hammerstripes on using Williams as a nickel backer. Queen and Murray might not make out of the first round anyway. If either of them do, then I think we have a dilemma, even if we do sign a FA LB. And if Xavier McKinney falls to 33 along with Delpit, then what do we do?

All that aside, Delpit would be a great pick. Plu, he's from LSU.

Aiyuck would be great too. He might be the closest thing to JaMarr Chase that we could give to Burrow. If he's not there, then maybe we go with Van Jefferson if we still want a WR in the third.

Bartch? Hell yeah.

Deguara? He could wind up as the starter at TE.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
This is a nice mock draft. Plenty of talent in every round here.

Really like the first 3 picks, Aiyuk would be the steal of the draft Imo. I slightly disagree with taking 2 tackles as I think they do need more defensive help than 1 or 2 FAs.

I also think they will take a guy or 2 they coached at the senior bowl. Realistically they probably take. Gaither since I really feel they want more athleticism at LB.

But really, good selections.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 06:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, of course Dugger and Chinn were there but I find Delpit to be on another level at least coverage wise.

i really like Dugger at WILL/SS and that versatility + athletic potential makes him like Simmons 2.0

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 10:39 PM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Nice draft. I think safety in round two is likely—and a great value pick. The giants got a great one at the top of the 2nd a few years ago; it’d be nice to have similar success.

I’d rather see a corner or edge player than wr and tight end, but overall a great draft. No reaches. Good value in every round.

Thanks man, definitely understand wanting more Defense but the Offense was terrible last season and we couldn't score 
points to help the Defense out. I think with a good FA Linebacker like Trevathan, Bradham, Schobert, Collins, Littleton etc.
we would be muchly improved while Pratt improves from his rookie season. Plus of course Delpit and Raequan would be 
very nice additions IMO.

Getting the O-line up to par is essential and our WR's and Eifert have significant injury histories.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 05:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I never do a Mock not including some Free Agency, this is assuming we get a decent Guard and Linebacker in FA...

heck of a player.

I like it overall. I'm a big fan of Deguara and think he could be a great target for Burrow. Don't know much about Aiyuk, but have seen him all over from second to third, to fifth round. What's the word on this kid?

Runyan would be nice depth along with Bartch, add them to Jonah, Fred and Bobby and we might actually have a good setup at tackle. 

I'm hoping we can get some draft picks for Dalton, Price, and maybe a couple of others. I would love to see us double dip at LB and WR. Adding a guy like KJ Hill would be a great compliment to this draft. What are you thoughts on adding a LB as I did not see one in your mock?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 08:52 PM)Crowe Wrote: I like it overall. I'm a big fan of Deguara and think he could be a great target for Burrow. Don't know much about Aiyuk, but have seen him all over from second to third, to fifth round. What's the word on this kid?

Runyan would be nice depth along with Bartch, add them to Jonah, Fred and Bobby and we might actually have a good setup at tackle. 

I'm hoping we can get some draft picks for Dalton, Price, and maybe a couple of others. I would love to see us double dip at LB and WR. Adding a guy like KJ Hill would be a great compliment to this draft. What are you thoughts on adding a LB as I did not see one in your mock?

Aiyuk is 6'1" is extremely fast and is great after the catch. He is a good Returner as well and just a playmaker. I have seen him 
mentioned in the first round. Think Ceedee Lamb 2.0. Agreed on the OT's with this draft our O-line would be deep and we would
have a great competition at RT which is what we need to push whoever to be great on this side and we would have insurance on 
either side.

I am not going to add in the picks for something that hasn't happened yet. I will add them later, as I said at the beginning this is
assuming we take care of LB and Guard in FA. Probably 2 LB's and Glasgow. Just for the fun of it, say Trevathan and Kwiatkoski 
to go along with Glasgow at Guard in Free Agency. Also a CB like Bradley Roby.

We can do all this once we get rid of Dalton, Glenn and Kirkpatrick's salary. All three of these guys will be gone after Kirkpatrick 
said he is selling his Bengal gear today on twitter, frees up a lot of dough for these moves.
Reply/Quote

heck of a player.

It's tough doing one of these before FA so Kudos to you for trying.

You know I'm an LSU fan by now; so, I couldn't disagree with Burrow and Delpit right? Wrong! Lol

I have been thinking myself that if they are going to get a QB of the offense at #1, then they maybe would/should get a QB of the Defense at #33 too. Delpit would be the pick if he was there. But, I do think they will trade down and acquire another pick/s. I see them trading down around 10 picks but still taking a Safety or LB like Winfield Jr. (Who I Love) or Chinn or LB Baun.

I also do not think there's even a slim chance that Aiyuk will be there in Rd 3. If he is, the Bengals would definitely take him though. If not, there's many other WR's that would be available there if they'd want to go that route. But, I'd hope it's someone on Defense instead.

For Rd 4, I would hope that we could get Burrow's best friend from LSU at this pick, TE Moss since he's having surgery on his foot. I think this is the perfect place to take him. But, I do expect them to trade down in this round as well. There's still talented TE/OT or TE/WR combos that could be available for them in this round.

I like the rest of your picks. I'm just hoping they get more picks than just 7 when it's all said and done b/c of this deep draft. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2020, 02:10 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: It's tough doing one of these before FA so Kudos to you for trying.

You know I'm an LSU fan by now; so, I couldn't disagree with Burrow and Delpit right? Wrong! Lol

I have been thinking myself that if they are going to get a QB of the offense at #1, then they maybe would/should get a QB of the Defense at #33 too. Delpit would be the pick if he was there. But, I do think they will trade down and acquire another pick/s. I see them trading down around 10 picks but still taking a Safety or LB like Winfield Jr. (Who I Love) or Chinn or LB Baun.

I also do not think there's even a slim chance that Aiyuk will be there in Rd 3. If he is, the Bengals would definitely take him though. If not, there's many other WR's that would be available there if they'd want to go that route. But, I'd hope it's someone on Defense instead.

For Rd 4, I would hope that we could get Burrow's best friend from LSU at this pick, TE Moss since he's having surgery on his foot. I think this is the perfect place to take him. But, I do expect them to trade down in this round as well. There's still talented TE/OT or TE/WR combos that could be available for them in this round.

I like the rest of your picks. I'm just hoping they get more picks than just 7 when it's all said and done b/c of this deep draft. ThumbsUp

Love Winfield Jr as well. 

This is just how it fell, Aiyuk was there in the 3rd so I took him, Moss wasn't there when I took Deguara.

Thanks for the comments Jersey.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2020, 11:04 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I like the 2nd rounder but no additional picks?

I think we'll still see a LB or two drafted even with a solid free agent signing. I'd probably remove a tackle and maybe the TE.

We will get a pick for Dalton.

I am not going to add picks until we know we have them. I just think we are going to sign at least 1 LB and we may ignore
the O-line in FA and think we need Eifert insurance and couldn't pass on Runyan in the 7th round.
Reply/Quote

heck of a player.

we are going defense rounds 2-3 and possibly 4. Yet so many of you continue to put ol and wr on here when that is not going to happen.I know this for a fact.
Reply/Quote
I would be very happy with Delpit and Bates as the starting safeties for years to come.

I would be very pleased with Ayuick in the 3rd round.

Degura is my sleeper pick at TE. Think he could develop into a consistent tight end both in the blocking game and passing game.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2020, 01:09 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Good job Nate, brewskies to you!  Personally, not very big on Aiyuk. My understanding is he ran a limited route tree in college. I'm not sure what other WR will be there in the 3rd though.

Thanks for the Brewskies my friend.  Cheers Drunk

(03-14-2020, 03:14 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: we are going defense rounds 2-3 and possibly 4. Yet so many of you continue to put ol and wr on here when that is not going to happen.I know this for a fact.

Eh, I doubt your facts Fortyyearfan.

Defense will be cheaper in Free Agency and the Draft is deep with WR's and our WR's are injury prone.

We also will need O-line help and I doubt we go after a RT like Conklin in FA.

Believing more and more we will go after a LB, CB and even a DL in FA and Draft Offense.

Also, I picked them as they came and was just grabbing up steals as the came.

(03-14-2020, 06:12 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I would be very happy with Delpit and Bates as the starting safeties for years to come.

I would be very pleased with Ayuick in the 3rd round.

Degura is my sleeper pick at TE. Think he could develop into a consistent tight end both in the blocking game and passing game.

Feel the same, Aiyuk reminds me of Deedee Lamb.

Deguara reminds me of his fellow alum. 
Reply/Quote