Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nate silver's GOP five ring circus Map.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/donald-trump-is-the-nickelback-of-gop-candidates/

I really like the way he presents the candidates using the 5 rings map.    He has updated it and thought I would share .   Diagram below for the lazy people who don't like to read.   Some good stuff in there though

[Image: THdNzOH.jpg]

Quote: What’s going on? On Twitter yesterday, I likened Trump to the band Nickelback: disliked by most people but with a few very passionate admirers. The best contrast to Trump is Marco Rubio: like a “lite rock” radio station, he’s broadly acceptable but few people’s favorite. Rubio’s favorable ratings are much higher (56 percent) than The Donald’s, and his unfavorable ratings are much lower (16 percent). But only 6 percent of Republicans list Rubio as their first choice.
That quote box you have there is a representation of our politics as a whole. We have such a low approval rating for Congress, but we keep electing the same people.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-30-2015, 01:44 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/donald-trump-is-the-nickelback-of-gop-candidates/

I really like the way he presents the candidates using the 5 rings map.    He has updated it and thought I would share .   Diagram below for the lazy people who don't like to read.   Some good stuff in there though

[Image: THdNzOH.jpg]
Just looking at this chart where Establishment meets "Moderate," I'm going to predict that Bush is the nominee with Fiorina as his running mate.  This is who TPTB will choose.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-30-2015, 07:42 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That quote box you have there is a representation of our politics as a whole. We have such a low approval rating for Congress, but we keep electing the same people.

That's 'cause it's everyone else's congressperson that is the problem.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-30-2015, 10:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: That's 'cause it's everyone else's congressperson that is the problem.

That's generally the mindset.

We've got Mitch McConnell here in Kentucky. He's been a big part of things for decades, yet people keep electing him and complaining that nothing changes. 
I think trump should be in the moderate bubble and Rubio should be closer to moderate as well.
(07-30-2015, 07:42 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: That quote box you have there is a representation of our politics as a whole. We have such a low approval rating for Congress, but we keep electing the same people.

Such a shame.