Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
National disgrace and international pariah
Anybody else see that? Colin Powell allegedly called Trump, "a national disgrace and international pariah," in an e-mail.

I saw it on Colbert, and Colbert said to be fair Trump is also, "a national pariah and an international disgrace."

That's gold, Jerry! That's gold!

Thoughts?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(09-15-2016, 10:38 AM)xxlt Wrote: Anybody else see that? Colin Powell allegedly called Trump, "a national disgrace and international pariah," in an e-mail.

I saw it on Colbert, and Colbert said to be fair Trump is also, "a national pariah and an international disgrace."

Thoughts?
I doubt you'll find much disagreement, here.

Powell is widely respecred and would destroy all of the candidates in this election, we're he to run.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(09-15-2016, 10:38 AM)xxlt Wrote: Anybody else see that? Colin Powell allegedly called Trump, "a national disgrace and international pariah," in an e-mail.

Thoughts?

I'm just curious, but are you also aware that Colin Powell also excoriated Hillary as well? Saying things like, "Everything HRC touches she kind of screws up with hubris."

I think it's safe to say that Powell is not a fan or either candidate.  Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-15-2016, 12:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm just curious, but are you also aware that Colin Powell also excoriated Hillary as well? Saying things like, "Everything HRC touches she kind of screws up with hubris."

Wow.  Sick burn.   Ninja

But yeah, he doesn't seem to like either as much as he like Rice.   Pervert
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-15-2016, 12:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Wow.  Sick burn.   Ninja

I agree, calling someone grossly incompetent is not as devastating as calling them a national disgrace, but it's still pretty telling considering he also considers himself a friend to HRC.  Smirk

There's no doubting, though, that dude does not like Trump.
(09-15-2016, 12:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: But yeah, he doesn't seem to like either as much as he like Rice.   Pervert

Who doesn't? Mrawr.  ThumbsUp
(09-15-2016, 12:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I think it's safe to say that Powell is not a fan or either candidate.  Smirk

I think it's safe to say the majority of people are not a fan of either candidate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-15-2016, 01:05 PM)Benton Wrote: I think it's safe to say the majority of people are not a fan of either candidate.

[Image: award-understatement-1.jpg~320x480]
I like Powell and all, but who honestly uses the word pariah? I had to look it up because it had to be 20 years since last time I saw it used.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Somewhere in another thread a posted said Clinton's "thin skin" and narcissistic tendencies would be bad for her.  I contended that Trump is much worse.

Given what Powell said about both guess who responded better?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/09/15/trump-responds-colin-powells-national-disgrace-jab/90398234/

Quote: Wrote:Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump responded to Colin Powell calling him “a national disgrace” early Thursday, tweeting he was “never a fan” of the former secretary of State and retired four-star general.

Powell also called Trump an "international pariah," in personal emails that were leaked by hackers, according to BuzzFeed and The Daily Caller.

In response to Powell's disdain, Trump tweeted: “I was never a fan of Colin Powell after his weak understanding of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq = disaster. We can do much better!”

Quote: Wrote:[/url]

Follow
[Image: DJT_Headshot_V2_normal.jpg]Donald J. Trump 

@realDonaldTrump
I was never a fan of Colin Powell after his weak understanding of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq = disaster. We can do much better!
11:59 PM - 14 Sep 2016

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-colin-powell-leaked-emails-228197

Quote: Wrote:Clinton offers Powell 'sympathy' after email hack

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
Hillary Clinton is keeping quiet about the contents of newly leaked messages from the personal email account of former Secretary of State Colin Powell, who had harsh criticisms of the Democratic nominee, the former Bush administration, and Donald Trump.
"I'm not going to comment on anything that is said in a private email," Clinton told the The Tom Joyner Radio Show in an interview taped Wednesday and aired Thursday morning.
Story Continued Below

Clinton, whose emails from the State Department were released after it was revealed that she used a private email server during her tenure, said she has "a great deal of respect for Colin Powell, and I have a lot of sympathy for anyone whose emails become public."
"I’m not going to start discussing someone else’s private emails. I’ve already spent a lot of time talking about my own, as you know," she told CNN anchor Don Lemon. "What I think is really important about the emails is the chilling fact, Don, that the Russians are continuing to attempt to interfere in our election. And I have to say I’m increasingly concerned by how we’ve seen Donald Trump’s alarming closeness with the Kremlin become more and more clear over the course of this campaign. It’s deeply concerning."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-colin-powell-leaked-emails-228197#ixzz4KLUs95lN 
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Thoughts?

That's rich, coming from a war monger and screwup like Powell.

Not a Trump Supporter, just pointing out the pot calling the kettle black.
(09-15-2016, 12:18 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm just curious, but are you also aware that Colin Powell also excoriated Hillary as well? Saying things like, "Everything HRC touches she kind of screws up with hubris."

I was aware of this, and other Powell critiques of Mrs. Clinton. You're right. Its the same! Hilarious
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(09-15-2016, 02:14 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I like Powell and all, but who honestly uses the word pariah? I had to look it up because it had to be 20 years since last time I saw it used.

I think he meant piranha. If you need to look it up, don't. I am sure someone will post a pic if not an interesting GIF to illustrate.
(09-15-2016, 04:39 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: That's rich, coming from a war monger and screwup like Powell.

Not a Trump Supporter, just pointing out the pot calling the kettle black.

Jerry: Or vice versa.

Banaia: Can I use that Jerry? Its gold!
(09-15-2016, 02:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Somewhere in another thread a posted said Clinton's "thin skin" and narcissistic tendencies would be bad for her.  I contended that Trump is much worse.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/09/15/trump-responds-colin-powells-national-disgrace-jab/90398234/

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-colin-powell-leaked-emails-228197

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/hillary-clinton-colin-powell-leaked-emails-228197#ixzz4KLUs95lN 
So the one whom received nastier insults responded worse? Color me shocked.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
Isn't Pariah a singer?
Pariah Carrey maybe?

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. It's Marriah, lol.

I need to go to bed...to much WoW today. But the new expansion is still new, lol.
(09-15-2016, 02:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Somewhere in another thread a posted said Clinton's "thin skin" and narcissistic tendencies would be bad for her.  I contended that Trump is much worse.

But isn't that what you all said about Powell?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Who is?