Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navorro Bowman
He was a premier MLB, then got hurt. He's 30 years. He's a very solid tackler. He's fairly good covering a TE.

He's looking for work.

There's speculation that he wouldn't cost too much.

I'd LOVE to see us add him. Really, if we could get Nickerson off the field...we'd improve the defense and I think he could address weaknesses.

He tried out for the Browns a couple weeks ago too...so it's not like he's retired.
Reply/Quote
He has not been the same since that bad injury. We should go to war with who we have, this has always worked well for us in the past. Why change what works...
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 01:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was a premier MLB, then got hurt. He's 30 years. He's a very solid tackler. He's fairly good covering a TE.

He's looking for work.

I'd LOVE to see us add him. Really, if we could get Nickerson off the field...we'd improve the defense and I think he could address weaknesses.

He tried out for the Browns a couple weeks ago too...so it's not like he's retired.

Always wanted to see Bowman in stripes even if he is older he would be better than Nickerson.

That is how bad Nickerson has been. Bring him in. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
We should at least kick the tires.......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The Raiders didn't want him back...that is kind of scary.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 02:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Raiders didn't want him back...that is kind of scary.

To be fair the Raiders have been making a lot of bad decisions lately it seems....
Reply/Quote
I want to keep our team's youth. It's doable with youth too, the experienced coaches will take care of the experience.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 02:01 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: He has not been the same since that bad injury. We should go to war with who we have, this has always worked well for us in the past. Why change what works...

I wouldn't write him off, just yet.  He had 127 combined tackles in 15 games last year. (5 games with SF and 10 with OAK)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 02:09 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: We should at least kick the tires.......

If he’ll come cheap like someone else said then I’m sure mike has plans on kicking the tires lol I can hear hobspin’s typewriter warming up
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 02:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wouldn't write him off, just yet.  He had 127 combined tackles in 15 games last year. (5 games with SF and 10 with OAK)

I'd also like to see how he influences the younger players.   We have some fine veterans, but each guy is a little different.   Love to see him take Worley under his wing.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 02:25 PM)3wt Wrote: I'd also like to see how he influences the younger players.   We have some fine veterans, but each guy is a little different.   Love to see him take Worley under his wing.

With Burfict beat up, and otherwise not really looking like himself, and Vigil recovering from a sprained ACL, seems like a no-brainer type of move.  He's about the same size as Burfict, a little leaner, a little quicker.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 02:01 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: He has not been the same since that bad injury. We should go to war with who we have, this has always worked well for us in the past. Why change what works...

Hopefully this was meant sarcastically.
Reply/Quote
For those of you who still want Jon Gruden to replace Marvin there's a website counting down the dollars, pennies and seconds...
http://isgrudengoneyet.com

Personally I think he should have stuck to selling beer, but that's my opinion. He created an unrealistic image of himself and plenty of fans fell hook line and sinker for it.  

Heck yeah on Bowman! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 01:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He was a premier MLB, then got hurt. He's 30 years. He's a very solid tackler. He's fairly good covering a TE.

He's looking for work.

I gotta be honest, I was surprised the Bengals kept him on the roster after Burfict came back. I thought for sure he was just a temporary roster spot for those first few games. Bengals need to be giving Jefferson those snaps instead. And yes, I think Jefferson would be fine playing MIKE even though he's listed at WILL on depth chart.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 02:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Always wanted to see Bowman in stripes even if he is older he would be better than Nickerson.

That is how bad Nickerson has been. Bring him in. ThumbsUp

This is what I dont understand. If Malik Jefferson is worse than Nickerson and cant get any playing time, shouldnt he be off the team? If you cant beat him out, what kind of potential do they think he has?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 02:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: The Raiders didn't want him back...that is kind of scary.

(11-02-2018, 02:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To be fair the Raiders have been making a lot of bad decisions lately it seems....

True......plus maybe this was part of Gruden's "blow this effer up" plan.  Couldn't hurt to try him out over the bye.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 03:30 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: This is what I dont understand. If Malik Jefferson is worse than Nickerson and cant get any playing time, shouldnt he be off the team? If you cant beat him out, what kind of potential do they think he has?

He is a rookie.  Lots of very good NFL players did nothing as rookies.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is a rookie.  Lots of very good NFL players did nothing as rookies.

Yep. My guess is he's being "outplayed" in the film room, so to speak.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 03:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep. My guess is he's being "outplayed" in the film room, so to speak.

By the film room you mean famous NFL name on the back of his jersey room?? lol
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2018, 03:30 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: This is what I dont understand. If Malik Jefferson is worse than Nickerson and cant get any playing time, shouldnt he be off the team? If you cant beat him out, what kind of potential do they think he has?

Been wondering the same thing, Malik cannot be worse than what ole Hardy has been putting out there...

(11-02-2018, 03:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: True......plus maybe this was part of Gruden's "blow this effer up" plan.  Couldn't hurt to try him out over the bye.

Man, the Grude sure is blowin' that effer up lol!

Hell of a job! Hilarious

(11-02-2018, 03:35 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is a rookie.  Lots of very good NFL players did nothing as rookies.

True.

(11-02-2018, 03:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep. My guess is he's being "outplayed" in the film room, so to speak.

This is what i am thinking. Malik's biggest knock was mental, Nickerson's so called biggest strength is the mental aspect.

Worley i thought would be doing something as he is smart, would rather have both Worley and Malik out there than Hardy.

(11-02-2018, 03:41 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: By the film room you mean famous NFL name on the back of his jersey room?? lol

All in the name man, all in the name. Bloodlines lmao!
Reply/Quote