Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need info on Sanu....PLEASE HELP!
Falcons Fan here!.....I come in peace!....Not trying to start a war but wanted some info on Sanu. Anyone with knowledge of Sanu please answer these questions if you have the time.

1. Does he have untapped potential?

2. What player would you compare his Speed to in the NFL (just in general)?

3. Has he done a decent job in one on one coverage on the outside?

4. What kind of WR is he? a possession guy? a Speed guy?...what receiver style best fit him if you were to describe him?

5. Is he a good blocker and route runner or atleast decent at it?

6. Amazing catching ability or just ok?

7. Last....Do you think he is capable of getting atleast 800 yards and 7 TDs as our number 2 WR?

I appreciate your time! Its hard to really know what we are getting as there isn't a ton of tape on the guy and it doesn't seem like he got a ton of opportunity here judging by the stats. Anyways Im hoping Sanu does well as he will have plenty of opportunities when defenses double Julio, so I was just trying to get a feel on what kind of WR we have in Sanu since most are saying we overpaid for his services.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 01:30 AM)FalconsFan29 Wrote: Falcons Fan here!.....I come in peace!....Not trying to start a war but wanted some info on Sanu. Anyone with knowledge of Sanu please answer these questions if you have the time.

I think he has potential to be a solid #2 if he can be more consistent
Tbh, I don't know.
I think he's done an alright job against #2/#3 corners.
4. What kind of WR is he? a possession guy? a Speed guy?...what receiver style best fit him if you were to describe him?
He's a gadget receiver that can make plays every now and than, consistency is what he lacks.
I think he's a decent blocker to be honest, I would say his route running is average.
Lead the league in drops when he was forced to be the #1 receiver in 2014.
7. Last....Do you think he is capable of getting atleast 800 yards and 7 TDs as our number 2 WR?
I think it's possible if he gets the targets.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 01:30 AM)FalconsFan29 Wrote: Falcons Fan here!.....I come in peace!....Not trying to start a war but wanted some info on Sanu. Anyone with knowledge of Sanu please answer these questions if you have the time.

I appreciate your time! Its hard to really know what we are getting as there isn't a ton of tape on the guy and it doesn't seem like he got a ton of opportunity here judging by the stats. Anyways Im hoping Sanu does well as he will have plenty of opportunities when defenses double Julio, so I was just trying to get a feel on what kind of WR we have in Sanu since most are saying we overpaid for his services.

War has been declared!

Mellow

Seriously, though, JN is only for Bengals fans. Moving to Around the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

1. He's a low ceiling guy thanks to his lack of speed/athleticism, but he has the potential to be an "ok" #2 WR.

2. Anquan Boldin maybe? He's not going to beat CBs deep very often unless there's a mistake in coverage. 

3. We threw him a ton of swing passes to the outside. This gave him opportunities for YAC, which he's pretty good at. He doesn't really get good separation often. He can leap and fight for the ball with his size a bit.

4. Most definitely a possession guy.

5. I'd say he's a willing blocker and solid route runner. I don't recall Dalton throwing any INT's where it was obvious Sanu ran a bad route.

6. He nearly led the league in drops in 2014. That was the only year he had a big opportunity and he literally dropped it. He did produce (for half a season), but when AJ got healthy, Sanu resumed his disappearing act.

7. Maybe. I think he can get 800 yards in a high volume attack where he's a #2 target. That said, he's going to drop some passes and don't look for him to stretch the D. Of course, you have Julio for that though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Tbh. I was really hoping somebody else would sign sanu and vinney rey. I think you vastly overpaid for sanu. He really struggles to get seperation in his routes and disappears for long stretches. He lacks deep speed and wont thrive on the outside and doeesnt have great quickness to get open from the slot.

He is pretty good with trick plays and reverses. Hes not fast but he is decent in the open field at getting some yac. Hes had a few trick plays where he throws it and he has exceled at that. I feel he was easily upgradeable here and 6 mil a year is really steep for what he brings to the table.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 01:39 AM)Benton Wrote: War has been declared!

Mellow

Seriously, though, JN is only for Bengals fans. Moving to Around the NFL.

Now then...

1. Probably. He is a good athlete and a good team guy. But he was behind Green, Eifert and Jones.
2. Mo Sanu.
3. Sometimes. Sometimes not.
4. Too many drops to be a possession guy, not enough separation to be a speed guy.
5. Yes.
6. Somewhere in the middle.
7. Depends on how many targets he gets and how much coverage is on him. ATL is set up different than we are. Sanu may shine there and do well beyond 800 yards and 7 TDs. Personally, I hope he does*. He's a good character guy.

* Unless he's playing us, then I hope he has a career low.
Reply/Quote

Not that I can think of. Maybe with more targets? Just saying..everything has been done with him.reverses, flea flickers, WR passes...etc.
Anquan Boldin
Yes against lesser talent
Straight Possession. More of an over the middle guy.
Very good blocker IMO. Has the body to block. Decent route runner.
Like post said above. Nearly led league with drops one year.
Depends on targets and drops.

We should take Roddy White for Shts n Giggles Ninja
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 01:46 AM)Benton Wrote: Now then...

1. Probably. He is a good athlete and a good team guy. But he was behind Green, Eifert and Jones.
2. Mo Sanu.
3. Sometimes. Sometimes not.
4. Too many drops to be a possession guy, not enough separation to be a speed guy.
5. Yes.
6. Somewhere in the middle.
7. Depends on how many targets he gets and how much coverage is on him. ATL is set up different than we are. Sanu may shine there and do well beyond 800 yards and 7 TDs. Personally, I hope he does*. He's a good character guy.

* Unless he's playing us, then I hope he has a career low.

LOL I can respect that! I completely understand from one true non bandwagon fan to another.
Reply/Quote
Thanks everyone I definitely got a better idea on who we are getting. Looks like he has a higher chance at not succeeding unfortunately. But this is what my falcons do...sign "potential guys" to big contracts. But its who the falcons wanted or I should say who Kyle Shanahan wanted so Im eager to see what happens.

At the least Sanu seems like a great person but if he doesn't live up to his contract my fellow falcon fans will start with the Roddy White comparisons.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 01:58 AM)FalconsFan29 Wrote: Thanks everyone I definitely got a better idea on who we are getting. Looks like he has a higher chance at not succeeding unfortunately. But this is what my falcons do...sign "potential guys" to big contracts. But its who the falcons wanted or I should say who Kyle Shanahan wanted so Im eager to see what happens.

At the least Sanu seems like a great person but if he doesn't live up to his contract my fellow falcon fans will start with the Roddy White comparisons.

If it's any consolation, I like Shannahan. I mean, he made Schuab and Hoyer look like good QBs. He knows how to make up for an offenses weakest pieces.
Reply/Quote
He's not going to stretch the field but he has athletic ability.  Not a lot of wasted motion.  He catches and runs alright.  Decent size to work in the middle
Reply/Quote
You got a nice WR. He wasn't worth 7m for us but he would have been a 3rd target at best for us: He wanted more opportunity and should get it with you guys.
Reply/Quote
Sanu was the Bengals best QB.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 02:47 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Sanu was the Bengals best QB.

Oops.  My bad.  I stumbled into Smack by mistake.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 01:58 AM)FalconsFan29 Wrote: Thanks everyone I definitely got a better idea on who we are getting. Looks like he has a higher chance at not succeeding unfortunately. But this is what my falcons do...sign "potential guys" to big contracts. But its who the falcons wanted or I should say who Kyle Shanahan wanted so Im eager to see what happens.

The coaches here all seemed to like sanu a lot.

Look at what he did the first half of the '14 season when Marvin Jones was out and Green was hurting.  He was one of our best offensive players for s stretch there.  But he has not consistently performed like that.
Reply/Quote
Well you should know exactly what you're getting if everybody is saying the exact same thing. There's a complete consensus on what Sanu is lol
Reply/Quote
Fwiw, I think Sanu will be a decent #2. I just think the Falcons way overpaid.

Btw, what's the scoop on Roddy White? Does he have nothing left in the tank or did Shanny screw him over?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 02:47 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Sanu was the Bengals best QB.

Your quaranteened to an area designated Smack Talk. Take your meds and go back to your room.
Reply/Quote
He's good at dropping passes. League leader 2 years ago I think.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 04:14 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Your quaranteened to an area designated Smack Talk. Take your meds and go back to your room.

Actually, fans of any team are welcome in any forum except JN.  Anyway, why dog on SCS?  He seems like a pretty sensible guy, except for his weak and meager attempts at smack.. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote