Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerves
Just like throughout the playoffs: I cannot see a win, but I cannot see a loss, either. It becomes very cloudy the more I try to think about the outcome.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
This game is constantly on my mind.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
All it takes the players is to get hit once and they are good

Crazy how fans stay at a consistent 9/10 for full weeks and full games.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 01:52 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Not at all nervous. Just really excited I get to watch my team play in the Super Bowl. I was VERY nervous for Raiders game but less nervous each subsequent game because no one expected us to be here. We are though and now we (and Rams) get to be the focus of the football world so I will just soak up every minute.

This.
Reply/Quote
Ever since the Pratt interception against the Raiders I’ve felt like Peter from Office Space after the hypnosis. No nerves here.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 10:12 AM)Housh Wrote: All it takes the players is to get hit once and they are good

Crazy how fans stay at a consistent 9/10 for full weeks and full games.

Yep. Wife is a nervous wreck and I keep telling her “You know you’re way more nervous than Joe Burrow is about this.”
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:43 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Anyone else out there just tied up in knots about this game?
Everyone I know keeps asking me where I'm going to watch the game.
Honestly, I don't even know myself.  Probably be safest watching it alone.  Part of me wants to just drive far out into the country and just turn on AM radio and shake my fists at the sky.  

I'll likely cry like a baby if they win or be madder a hornet if they lose.   Not sure why I care so much but I just do.

Only 1 day away now....

I'm with ya dude.

I will burst into tears if Rams win or lose.  I did every single play-off game this year - I cried so hard and so damn good when we finally beat the Niners and got that monkey off our back.

Taking out Brady was pretty cool, like a something or something. :-)

This game now comes w extreme emotions for all of us.  Thank you for sharing - makes me kinda feel like this is a bigger world for this game reading it matter so much to fans on both sides.  
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:43 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Anyone else out there just tied up in knots about this game?
Everyone I know keeps asking me where I'm going to watch the game.
Honestly, I don't even know myself.  Probably be safest watching it alone.  Part of me wants to just drive far out into the country and just turn on AM radio and shake my fists at the sky.  

I'll likely cry like a baby if they win or be madder a hornet if they lose.   Not sure why I care so much but I just do.

Only 1 day away now....

The game is close now, I'm sitting here in Sydney and it is Sunday already here. Nerves starting to build.
Reply/Quote
As I wrote in the other thread earlier this week, aside from the last 20 minutes at KC, I've been super calm the entire playoffs. I'm not anxious, but I want tomorrow to come, because I want to watch football again LOL

Again, have been wishing, willing, praying and hoping that we pull out a win; trying to manifest/get out into the world nothing but purely-positive thoughts and vibes, nothing else.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 10:46 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As I wrote in the other thread earlier this week, aside from the last 20 minutes at KC, I've been super calm the entire playoffs. I'm not anxious, but I want tomorrow to come, because I want to watch football again LOL

Again, have been wishing, willing, praying and hoping that we pull out a win; trying to manifest/get out into the world nothing but purely-positive thoughts and vibes, nothing else.

Kinda all we can do as fans.

I am doing exactly the same.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 01:52 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Not at all nervous. Just really excited I get to watch my team play in the Super Bowl. I was VERY nervous for Raiders game but less nervous each subsequent game because no one expected us to be here. We are though and now we (and Rams) get to be the focus of the football world so I will just soak up every minute.

^ my experience as well.

Pretty sure I will feel different next season when the Bengals are in the playoffs because I will expect greatness.  
Reply/Quote
If I am out of line, you all can delete this post.

As a Rams fan. Well, let me clarify: as a Los Angeles Rams fan.

My emotions are so wrapped up into where the team is now, as opposed to where it used to be. Something you all don't have to deal with.

St. Louis won a Super Bowl. Los Angeles never has.

And in 2018, McVay was new (your Z Taylor was there), Goff was out of his element, Gurley was hurt, AD had a rib injury so was 50%, Kupp was out and well.....it was the last Hoorah of Bellichick and Brady together.

Rams work their ass off and get back to the Super Bowl now. Team of destiny? Your story is louder, but the quiet story of the Rams is no less because it is more quiet. The media isn't telling the real story.

I personally have loved my Rams in every 1 win or 2 win season - and I have not seen a SB win in so long. I will cry as much as you all will if we win....and sadly give congrats to you if you win.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 10:56 AM)Alice Wrote: If I am out of line, you all can delete this post.

As a Rams fan. Well, let me clarify: as a Los Angeles Rams fan.

My emotions are so wrapped up into where the team is now, as opposed to where it used to be. Something you all don't have to deal with.

St. Louis won a Super Bowl. Los Angeles never has.

And in 2018, McVay was new (your Z Taylor was there), Goff was out of his element, Gurley was hurt, AD had a rib injury so was 50%, Kupp was out and well.....it was the last Hoorah of Bellichick and Brady together.

Rams work their ass off and get back to the Super Bowl now. Team of destiny? Your story is louder, but the quiet story of the Rams is no less because it is more quiet. The media isn't telling the real story.

I personally have loved my Rams in every 1 win or 2 win season - and I have not seen a SB win in so long. I will cry as much as you all will if we win....and sadly give congrats to you if you win.

The “real story” is you guys mortgaged your future to trade for Stafford, Ramsey, and Von Miller. The Rams went all in, and were expected to be here. Anything short of a Super Bowl run would have been a total failure.

The Bengals story isn’t “louder”, it’s just flat out more interesting (to everyone besides Rams fans). Literally NOBODY expected this. Go look at the odds from before the season. You probably have to go all the way back to your 99 Rams to find such an improbable Super Bowl team.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:19 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The “real story” is you guys mortgaged your future to trade for Stafford, Ramsey, and Von Miller. The Rams went all in, and were expected to be here. Anything short of a Super Bowl run would have been a total failure.  

The Bengals story isn’t “louder”, it’s just flat out more interesting (to everyone besides Rams fans). Literally NOBODY expected this. Go look at the odds from before the season. You probably have to go all the way back to your 99 Rams team to find such an improbable Super Bowl team.

No.

and exactly my point.

That is the story you have been fed. 

I do understand why, but if you are really a fan of football....I expect the real story is more interesting.  And real.
Reply/Quote
The Rams are not done or over or bad if this SB is not won tomorrow.

That is the story you are being fed.

I understand media drives this week and the story of the game, but it is so much more and so much not the PR concepts.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:22 AM)Alice Wrote: No.

and exactly my point.

That is the story you have been fed. 

I do understand why, but if you are really a fan of football....I expect the real story is more interesting.  And real.

The story we’ve been fed? What does that even mean? Did the Rams mortgage their future to bring in Stafford, Ramsey, and Miller or not? What part of that statement is untrue?

Reply/Quote
The Rams as a team, and us as their fans have our own story our own journey to be here....and it is not the media hype you all are being fed.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:24 AM)Alice Wrote: The Rams as a team, and us as their fans have our own story our own journey to be here....and it is not the media hype you all are being fed.

Ok

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The story we’ve been fed? What does that even mean? Did the Rams mortgage their future to bring in Stafford, Ramsey, and Miller or not? What part of that statement is untrue?

The Rams did not mortgage their future for this season.

All of your statement is untrue. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:24 AM)Alice Wrote: The Rams as a team, and us as their fans have our own story our own journey to be here....and it is not the media hype you all are being fed.

The Rams have been one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl once the '21 - '22 season started. They continued their ways of getting big names by trading draft picks. This narrative is fairly consistent. What are you talking about?
Reply/Quote