Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nerves
If you all want to feel like you are David to Goliath - that is just not real. The media is spinning this game wrong to get people interested in it.

To me, what I have been fascinated by this week.

Z Taylor and McVay run the highest 11 personnel of any teams in the league. They trust the top TE. Remember, McVay created Reed back on the Skins....I have always expected more from that position, but it never panned out.

So in this SB, we end up with the BEST top WR trios in the entire league, and two coaches who know each other and how to play with that.

The fascinating things to me about this game are the similarities in our teams. We both took out everyone else in our conference to be here.

From what I have read, Chargers play the same Defense or such as Rams do and you struggled. Titans I have gone back and watched some games as we keep being compared to them, but I don't think it matches correctly. Rams are different.

Anyway - cheers! you have a great team and I am so damn happy you are not the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:27 AM)Alice Wrote: The Rams did not mortgage their future for this season.

All of your statement is untrue. 

You’ve had no 1st round picks for the last 2 years due to the Ramsey trade.

You have no 1st round picks for the next 2 years due to the Stafford trade.

You have no 2nd or 3rd round picks next year due to the Miller trade.

I’m not really sure what there is to argue about here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’ve had no 1st round picks for the last 2 years due to the Ramsey trade.

You have no 1st round picks for the next 2 years due to the Stafford trade.

You have no 2nd or 3rd round picks next year due to the Miller trade.  

I’m not really sure what there is to argue about here.

Nothing to argue, Sir.

Rams have had no 1st round picks in two years.  And yet, we are in the Super Bowl.

Most recent 1st round picks I enjoyed: Bradford. Goff. 

Those worked out so well.  

What the Rams are doing is negotiating the unknown for the known.
Reply/Quote
If you really wanna have some fun.

Go look at what the Jags got for the 1st round picks we traded to them for Ramsey.

You will laugh your ass off.
Reply/Quote
The entire concept of Rams buying a team or mortgaging their future is a media constructed story and it is not fact or true.

Plus: you all are wetting your panties at possibly signing Gronk! hypocrites?
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:44 AM)Alice Wrote: Nothing to argue, Sir.

Rams have had no 1st round picks in two years.  And yet, we are in the Super Bowl.

Most recent 1st round picks I enjoyed: Bradford. Goff. 

Those worked out so well.  

What the Rams are doing is negotiating the unknown for the known.

Sure. But when a couple of the players you traded for are on the wrong side of 30 that’s the definition of mortgaging the future.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sure. But when a couple of the players you traded for are on the wrong side of 30 that’s the definition of mortgaging the future.

No.

Is your babydoll Whitworth on the wrong side of 30?

And I know you won't believe me, but Weddle has been kick ass for us in the play-offs and I believe he will handle the game on Sunday.

So, please tell me your point? 

Von Miller was wasted money?
OBJ was a bad idea?

Do please remember that when the Rams traded for OBJ, we did not yet know that Woods would be hurt and out for the season.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:24 AM)Alice Wrote: The Rams as a team, and us as their fans have our own story our own journey to be here....and it is not the media hype you all are being fed.

I honestly don't care about the Rams story, I don't support them, I support the Bengals and our story is amazing!!!
Reply/Quote
Nervous because I know how hard it is to reach a Super Bowl. The talking heads in the media constantly stating the clear advantage the Rams have in the trenches is doing me no favor.
Reply/Quote
Since you all prolly don't follow the NFC.

Rams had D Sean. He scored an awesome TD v the Bucs in Week 3.

He got mad, we let him go and he is now a Raider.

At that time, Rams negotiated for OBJ before Woods was known to be hurt and out.

All you guys seem to know is what the media tells you and you believe it. The RAMS TEAM is an integral and organized organic unit - it is not some dream team shoved together like you are told.
Reply/Quote
I just have to say this again.

The Rams team, is a TEAM.

It is not what you are being fed by the media.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:58 AM)Alice Wrote: Since you all prolly don't follow the NFC.

Rams had D Sean.  He scored an awesome TD v the Bucs in Week 3.

He got mad, we let him go and he is now a Raider.

At that time, Rams negotiated for OBJ before Woods was known to be hurt and out.

All you guys seem to know is what the media tells you and you believe it.  The RAMS TEAM is an integral and organized organic unit - it is not some dream team shoved together like you are told.

Huh? This board has a lot of football fans who follow the entire league.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:59 AM)Alice Wrote: I just have to say this again.

The Rams team, is a TEAM.

It is not what you are being fed by the media.

Why do you care so much about what the media says? You will either win or lose (hopefully) the media plays no role in that, the narrative plays no role in that.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:54 AM)Alice Wrote: No.

Is your babydoll Whitworth on the wrong side of 30?

And I know you won't believe me, but Weddle has been kick ass for us in the play-offs and I believe he will handle the game on Sunday.

So, please tell me your point? 

Von Miller was wasted money?
OBJ was a bad idea?

Do please remember that when the Rams traded for OBJ, we did not yet know that Woods would be hurt and out for the season.

No idea why you’re getting so defensive (or even here in the first place), but ofc they weren’t “bad ideas.” The whole point was that the Rams were EXPECTED to be where they are because of all the trades they made.

The Bengals otoh got here on the backs of some really under the radar FA signings (Hendrickson, Awuzie, Apple, etc), a 2nd year QB returning from a major injury, a rookie WR, and a rookie kicker.

If you can’t see why people would view that as a better (“louder”) story that’s on you.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:01 PM)AussieBengal Wrote: Why do you care so much about what the media says? You will either win or lose (hopefully) the media plays no role in that, the narrative plays no role in that.

I am saying what I think here directly because I have seen like 20 posts saying Rams are nothing more than hot shot players put together.

Is my voice to tell you all:  Rams are not that. 

Thank you for the opportunity to do so.  
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:54 AM)Alice Wrote: Do please remember that when the Rams traded for OBJ, we did not yet know that Woods would be hurt and out for the season.

The Rams did not trade for OBJ. Cleveland cut him over the daddy/Baker drama.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 12:03 PM)Alice Wrote: I am saying what I think here directly because I have seen like 20 posts saying Rams are nothing more than hot shot players put together.

Is my voice to tell you all:  Rams are not that. 

Thank you for the opportunity to do so.  

Were you expecting different on a Bengals board? Should hear the stuff we say about the Steelers. Opposition fans are meant to talk down your team.
Reply/Quote
For someone who gave up smoking just over a week ago I'm doing freakin GREAT! I smoked for almost 50 years so that ain't nothin you know.. Not only have I quit smoking I had to go to the hospital the day before the first playoff game to have a stent put in my chest which hurt like hell..followed with non-stop gerd (really bad heartburn) and now that's finally resolving AND my wife is actually discussing football and worrying about Joe Burrow and his knee.. She's never so much as given the first mouse fart about football till this season and now it's become important..probably because she's worried I might die, but still talks about it and can recognize names such as Dave Lapham on sight on tv..  Tongue Tomorrow is just another walk in the park, win, lose or draw.. By the way..What happens if they have a draw? Do they just keep playing eternal OTs until someone just dies of exhaustion? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
C'mon guys.. The Rams are simply the most amazing, interesting proposition since the big bang theory was proposed while the Bengals on the other hand are your run of the mill great college players and a bunch of great veteran players lead by the greatest QB in college history bar none with the greatest rookie receiver and kicker ever..Damned..I'm about to fall right asleep writing about the great players of the Bengals, but thanks to Alice I could just keep copy and pasting about how the media is lying and the Rams are organically great.. So refreshing..  Yawn   
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2022, 11:58 AM)Alice Wrote: Since you all prolly don't follow the NFC.
Why are you insulting everyone on the board?

And why are you defending a view without giving any evidence for your view?
Reply/Quote