Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nervous about Steelers week
(10-18-2017, 11:54 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Got that right, it's all about match-ups.  Jag's always give Pittsburgh fits also.

Sadly I think Pitt is a bad match up for us because they like to do a variety of blitz packages.  These are a handful for a good, experienced OL.  We have a bad, inexperienced line.  Yikes.

Watch our OL have a great day.  Wouldn't that be something unexpected.

Pretty spot on. You'd think though, Marvin knows these blitz packages by now. 
Reply/Quote
As expected... Wed afternoon and no fine or suspension for either of the hits Mike Mitchell laid on the Chiefs...... Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 04:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As expected... Wed afternoon and no fine or suspension for either of the hits Mike Mitchell laid on the Chiefs...... Whatever

What day do they typically come out with the list of fines and suspensions?

I'm actually waiting for the TV map to come out and see if I get screwed by the SeaHawks game.... Whatever
Reply/Quote
For some reason I'm confident we will win this game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 04:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As expected... Wed afternoon and no fine or suspension for either of the hits Mike Mitchell laid on the Chiefs...... Whatever

Thats Bullshit!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2017, 11:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But Marvin does instruct them on how to call plays (aggressive, conservative, etc.), and he has proven that his in-game adjustments are either horrible or non-existent.

and you know that how ?? and again if you believe that.. Marvin deserves praise correct since they are in the top end of Defense in the league right now
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 07:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thats Bullshit!

Jim O. said fines would be known on Friday. Suspension would’ve been reported today. Mitchell gets to keep on Mitchelling.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 07:12 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: For some reason I'm confident we will win this game.

Classic mistake
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 11:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: and you know that how ?? and again if you believe that.. Marvin deserves praise correct since they are in the top end of Defense in the league right now

Um...... because that's what head coaches do.

What did you think a head coach does?!
Reply/Quote
steelers week? anybody hear Dalton on the news tonight about the steelers week? he said it's just another game and that the City makes this game out more than what it is!

Sounds to me like he is starting to ***** out about the game so the steeler D will be easy on him. Can't say as I blame him though with our Oline as shitty as they are!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 11:01 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: If the Squealers play down to the level of the competition (eg. Jags and Bears) then we have a shot. 

If they play like they did Sunday in KC, we may not have a first down all day and may end up with less than 100 yards of total offense.

I don't believe this crap for one second.  (Sorry)

If not for a few balls that slip through AJ Green's (and Cethan Carter's) hands against Buffalo, Dalton throws for over 400 yards against the #1 defense in the NFL.  The weather conditions may have been a part of that, but regardless.  The offense has been moving the ball well ever since Lazor took over.

The defense might be the best in the NFL.  If the rushing attack can get going (it was just starting to when Mixon slipped against Buffalo) and the offensive line continues to improve (not saying they are good, but they only have to be average for this team to make huge strides) then the defense will have even less time on the field and that only helps them even more.

One guy we absolutely need to be on top of his game this week is Dre Kirkpatrick.  He always seems to be a slow starter, and this year is no exception.  If he can finish strong, with what we are now getting out of WJIII and Dennard, the defense will have no weak spots at all.  

If the Bengals play as THEY are capable, they can beat any team at that team's best.  They have come a long way from that dreadful start and this Sunday would truly put them in a position to make a run at the division.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 07:15 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thats Bullshit!

That's the NFL.  But that just makes me want to shove it up their asses that much more.  
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2017, 11:10 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Jim O. said fines would be known on Friday. Suspension would’ve been reported today. Mitchell gets to keep on Mitchelling.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/rich-eisen-show/0ap3000000863500/Tony-Gonzalez-Mike-Mitchell-needs-to-be-suspended-for-his-hit-on-Alex-Smith

Gonzalez is dead on in his assessment of Tomlin and Mike Mitchell.  I guess that makes him a homer?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 07:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/videos/rich-eisen-show/0ap3000000863500/Tony-Gonzalez-Mike-Mitchell-needs-to-be-suspended-for-his-hit-on-Alex-Smith

Gonzalez is dead on in his assessment of Tomlin and Mike Mitchell.  I guess that makes him a homer?

Gonzalez is correct. When I first heard that it was possible that Mitchell was pushed by a ream mate and from the small clips posted here, I thought it was possible. Now after seeing the entire play on the video you posted, he was clearly barely touched. Tony even said so. Funny to hear these 2, Gonzalez and Eisen, blasting Mitchell for his reputation as a cheap, dirty player. What's not funny is, everyone has seen this before and yet nothing happens to him.

Also, I do believe they were revved up to play the Chiefs. They are ripe for the pickings this Sunday, WhoDey!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 01:40 AM)RASCAL Wrote: steelers week? anybody hear Dalton on the news tonight about the steelers week? he said it's just another game and that the City makes this game out more than what it is!

Sounds to me like he is starting to ***** out about the game so the steeler D will be easy on him. Can't say as I blame him though with our Oline as shitty as they are!

No need to put out locker room bulletin board fodder. It's pretty standard responses to the press if you ask me.
Reply/Quote
This game is likely our season. We're sitting at 12th in the Conference right now.

IF WE LOSE...only the Browns will have a worse record than us. We won't overtake that many teams in the final 10 games.
Reply/Quote
Update: Mitchell was fined $48,000 for the hit....of course, no suspension and his owner or coach probably gets the fine "taken care of"
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 01:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This game is likely our season. 

It's pretty much how I feel right now.

And think how confident the team will be if they can not only beat Pittsburgh but do it handily with minimal mistakes and/or controversy.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm nervous for the knees of Burfict and any Bengal ball carrier. I'm nervous for the head of any Bengal catching a ball over the middle.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2017, 01:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This game is likely our season. We're sitting at 12th in the Conference right now.

IF WE LOSE...only the Browns will have a worse record than us. We won't overtake that many teams in the final 10 games.

It's not really for our season. It's a HUGE game that will most likely determine who wins the division, but if we lose this game 10-6 could easily make the playoffs this year considering there's no team that really stands out right now. We would have to beat key teams like Denver, Jags, Ravens, Colts and Titans to have a chance since they're some of the teams fighting for the playoff spot (And they're all VERY beatable). If we win I really feel good about the rest of the year. The Steelers are by far the hardest team we play IMO the rest of the year, and if we beat them at Pittsburgh we will likely only lose a couple more games this season ending up with a record of something like 11-5 (which would be amazing considering we started 0-3).

I really hope that Ross plays against the Steelers. We need him to start getting some chemistry with Dalton. I think that he will really help our offense open up. We really need a #2 receiver. If the offense starts becoming more explosive I think this team could be a huge dark horse this year, because I honestly think our defense is the best in the league this year.
Reply/Quote