Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nervous about the Bills
Historically I think we are actually pretty successful vs Tyrod. That will be key. He really is the piece that keeps that offense moving.
Reply/Quote
Not with our OLIne. Cleveland is terrible, plus we got a lot of breaks from the refs today. Until we address the Oline, we're not going to be able to open up our offense the way it's designed. The new OC has us playing dink, dunk, and hit the TE down the seems. If we manage to beat Buffalo, which I doubt, thank our defense. We won't put up a lot of points to help them. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm usually a total homer, and not cynical, but I went into this season with some real fears about out Oline. They've done nothing to calm my fears. We can't run the ball. We made first downs today by getting chunks of 7-8 yards on first down, setting up short 2nd and 3rd downs. And we were efficient in the Red Zone (against the Browns...had to add that qualification. It's nice to get a win, but I'm still not impressed by our overall play on offense.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:02 AM)Shady Wrote: Not with our OLIne. Cleveland is terrible, plus we got a lot of breaks from the refs today. Until we address the Oline, we're not going to be able to open up our offense the way it's designed. The new OC has us playing dink, dunk, and hit the TE down the seems. If we manage to beat Buffalo, which I doubt, thank our defense. We won't put up a lot of points to help them. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm usually a total homer, and not cynical, but I went into this season with some real fears about out Oline. They've done nothing to calm my fears. We can't run the ball. We made first downs today by getting chunks of 7-8 yards on first down, setting up short 2nd and 3rd downs. And we were efficient in the Red Zone (against the Browns...had to add that qualification. It's nice to get a win, but I'm still not impressed by our overall play on offense.

Saw only one break; the delay of game that wasn't called.

Refs bagged on us like always.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:02 AM)Shady Wrote: Not with our OLIne. Cleveland is terrible, plus we got a lot of breaks from the refs today. Until we address the Oline, we're not going to be able to open up our offense the way it's designed. The new OC has us playing dink, dunk, and hit the TE down the seems. If we manage to beat Buffalo, which I doubt, thank our defense. We won't put up a lot of points to help them. I hope I'm wrong.

Agree with most stated but will say that the dink and dunk offense being run is about all we can do with the sieve of an OL we feature. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The Bills are no joke, a very good defense, with an offense just capable of getting a few points up.

That kind of team sounds familiar....
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: Our O line still is woeful and the Bills have a very good front 4. They also just beat a very good Atlanta team. Anyone else nervous about this game?

This game will be interesting.  I think with the Bill's desire to rush the ball and with a mobile QB, I believe we will see more of our base defense, with Burfict, Minter, and Vigil.  

I just hope Adam Jones either figures out what he has been doing wrong, technique-wise, or steps aside for WJIII because the Bills will take a deep shot after pounding you with a lot of rush attempts.
Reply/Quote
The Bills are legit and have a good front 4. I'm not expecting a repeat of the Brownies game next week.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The game against the Bills will be a close game. The Bengals are relatively weak on defense against the rush. So i expect them to stack the box and force the Bills to beat them with Passing. This game will reveal how good the new Offensive Coordinator is for the Bengals. Other teams will now have tape. I expect the Bengals to win but it will be close.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:21 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Saw only one break; the delay of game that wasn't called.

Refs bagged on us like always.

Did you see the Bodine face mask on Gio's TD? Or the "forward" pass by Dalton? I also saw a couple of our O-line do their best Poopsburg imitations with a couple clothes lines in pass pro.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 03:24 PM)Mer Wrote: Did you see the Bodine face mask on Gio's TD? Or the "forward" pass by Dalton? I also saw a couple of our O-line do their best Poopsburg imitations with a couple clothes lines in pass pro.

1. Good non call. He didn't extend and punch the guy or grab anything; he stuck his arm out and the defender just so happened to have his neck where the arm was (it wasn't an aggressive punch; his arm was just out there). Furthermore, he was out of the play.
2. That was a forward pass, 100%.
3. That I cannot comment on, though the Browns were guilty as well.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not nervous, not sure who will pull it out. The Bills should not have won that game. They had a lot of calls go their way that really ruined the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 06:08 PM)Trademark Wrote: Our O line still is woeful and the Bills have a very good front 4. They also just beat a very good Atlanta team. Anyone else nervous about this game?

Yeah, the Bills are a tough team. Should be a low scoring affair.

Just can't turn the ball over, that is what will decide this one and our passive blocking scheme doesn't help our QB at all.

Could see a sack fumble being the game changing play in this one and that doesn't look good for us.

Expecting a loss here.
Reply/Quote
My gut tells me, we start rolling. The monkey is off our backs and when the dust settles next Sunday, we will be 2-3
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 11:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe I'm letting myself sip a little kool-aid here, but with the offensive turnaround and how well our defense is playing, I could see us going on a streak to get close to playoff contention. This team isn't quitting.

I would say our Defense, especially with Burfict, is a beast. We just need 17 points a game on the board, somehow, someway.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 07:23 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I would say our Defense, especially with Burfict, is a beast. We just need 17 points a game on the board, somehow, someway.

Agreed, and I do see us getting at least 17 on them. People are jumping on that Bills hype train a little too quickly, IMO. The Falcons had injuries and some fluky plays went the Bills' way. They're ultimately still a 7-9 type of team IMO.

We're more talented everywhere but o-line, and I think it will show. I'd predict a 25-17 win.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed, and I do see us getting at least 17 on them. People are jumping on that Bills hype train a little too quickly, IMO. The Falcons had injuries and some fluky plays went the Bills' way. They're ultimately still a 7-9 type of team IMO.

We're more talented everywhere but o-line, and I think it will show. I'd predict a 25-17 win.

Well i do agree that we are more talented everywhere but O-line.

The problem is that is where the Turnovers are forced most the time and we just seen it against the Browns.

Strip fumble, should be an ugly game, raining to boot.

Hard for me to like our chances in this one when our O-line is so passive in its blocking scheme.

Have to be able to run the ball to take pressure off of Dalton and the passing game.

Like i said, don't see us winning this game.
Reply/Quote
Don't see us winning. I think the bills defense will destroy our o line causing Andy to root back to making bad reads and sensing phantom pressure again. Should be another shit show. Hope I am wrong but sorry, just don't see it.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 05:04 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Don't see us winning.  I think the bills defense will destroy our o line causing Andy to root back to making bad reads and sensing phantom pressure again. Should be another shit show. Hope I am wrong but sorry, just don't see it.

To me that's what it boils down to. Can Dalton not throw int's under pressure?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 02:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well i do agree that we are more talented everywhere but O-line.

The problem is that is where the Turnovers are forced most the time and we just seen it against the Browns.

Strip fumble, should be an ugly game, raining to boot.

Hard for me to like our chances in this one when our O-line is so passive in its blocking scheme.

Have to be able to run the ball to take pressure off of Dalton and the passing game.

Like i said, don't see us winning this game.

Fair enough. The line is still a major issue...both with pass and run blocking. I see us pulling out a W here, but I can't blame anyone for being more hesitant. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2017, 05:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: To me that's what it boils down to. Can Dalton not throw int's under pressure?

I'd say the pressure has never stopped and Dalton hasn't thrown an INT since week 1. He only threw 8 the year before that while getting sacked 41 times.

I'd say we can chalk week 1 up to a fluke.
Reply/Quote