Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Never Fear, The Ravens Suck
Despite their huge victory over the Bills, we know who this team is. The Ravens flat out stink.

-We know Flacco, he is who he is... a decent QB when healthy, but for some reason, atrocious against the Bengals (especially with no Boldin/Steve Smith around to bail him out)

-Dixon, their starting RB, is now injured and missing the next few weeks. I'm not too concerned with their backups.

-WRs, they've got some washed up veterans (what's new), but these ones are worse than the ones they have gotten in the past. Crabtree is meh and John Brown is a deep threat, but that's about it. Oh, and there is Willie Snead, who is pretty good at times, but I have my doubts. He is probably juicing again.

-TEs, we aren't the best at covering them, and hey they drafted ANOTHER 1st round bust TE to add to their collection. Seriously, what is Ozzie Newsome thinking with the TEs they draft, they're garbage. Pretty sure the guy they drafted this year is already injured.

Their defense is pretty good, but they are the same defense that let last years offense take care of them with a chance to go to the playoffs. This offense has only gotten better since then. I don't think we will be completely shut down.

Last week doesn't speak to the Ravens being any good, it speaks to the terribleness of the Bills. I am excited to take it to the Ravens and take a lead atop the North.

So there ya go, have some faith, the Ravens aren't world beaters.
Reply/Quote
I thought Alex Collins was their starting HB
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great outlook. I don't thing their as awesome as some believe either. Could be wrong. They do beat us in the middle and hopefully that's not an issue tomorrow.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 03:28 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: I thought Alex Collins was their starting HB

Here was the article I read this morning on NFL.com

I don't think there is really a 'starter' over there, RB by committee.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000961297/article/ravens-rb-kenneth-dixon-knee-out-several-weeks

Dixon was the best of the 3 last week, but won't be playing tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
But ,but, but...Florence! They'll be playing for the hurricane !  Thinking of which .. We're expecting a b-bu-BUNCHA rain here in Columbia..  I probably won't be going fishing , but I might if things get hairy.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 03:24 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Despite their huge victory over the Bills, we know who this team is. The Ravens flat out stink.

-We know Flacco, he is who he is... a decent QB when healthy, but for some reason, atrocious against the Bengals (especially with no Boldin/Steve Smith around to bail him out)

-Dixon, their starting RB, is now injured and missing the next few weeks. I'm not too concerned with their backups.

-WRs, they've got some washed up veterans (what's new), but these ones are worse than the ones they have gotten in the past. Crabtree is meh and John Brown is a deep threat, but that's about it. Oh, and there is Willie Snead, who is pretty good at times, but I have my doubts. He is probably juicing again.

-TEs, we aren't the best at covering them, and hey they drafted ANOTHER 1st round bust TE to add to their collection. Seriously, what is Ozzie Newsome thinking with the TEs they draft, they're garbage. Pretty sure the guy they drafted this year is already injured.

Their defense is pretty good, but they are the same defense that let last years offense take care of them with a chance to go to the playoffs. This offense has only gotten better since then. I don't think we will be completely shut down.

Last week doesn't speak to the Ravens being any good, it speaks to the terribleness of the Bills. I am excited to take it to the Ravens and take a lead atop the North.

I see your "The Ravens suck" 

And raise you "Marvin in Primetime"
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 03:24 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Despite their huge victory over the Bills, we know who this team is. The Ravens flat out stink.

No doubt the Ratbirds are not world beaters and you make a lot of good points. Wouldn't say they suck though.

But who knows? If we help out Hart at RT like we did in the 2nd half against the Colts we could stomp them.

This is one hell of a pass rush we have and i think they are frustrated they didn't get more sacks and shots on
Luck. Flaccid could get really flustered and end up throwing a few picks after we hit him enough. Heard their
Secondary is a little banged up too. The closer to the game i think i made a mistake picking them to win but still
it is Primetime, really the main thing they got going for them.

I just need to see this team perform well in Primetime once, then i will believe that we can.
Reply/Quote
I actually think the Ravens are pretty good and thusly this will be a good way to guage where the Bengals are at
Reply/Quote
The Colts aren’t good either and how’d they do? I see what you are getting at, but there’s a reason for the cliche “any given Sunday”. I am confident we will win, but I think those old man WRs and bust TEs come to play Thursday!
Reply/Quote
The Colts are arguably one of the worst teams in the league, worse than even the Browns. How'd that work out for the Bengals?

The Bengals were playing catch-up for most of the game and minus a Colt fumble at the end the Bengals probably would have lost.

If the Ravens suck, then what does that make the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 10:22 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: The Colts are arguably one of the worst teams in the league, worse than even the Browns.

What's smoking crack like exactly?

Feel free to answer when you come down.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 10:42 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: What's smoking crack like exactly?

Feel free to answer when you come down.

You're not going to argue the Colts are in the middle of the pack, are you? They'll be lucky to go 5-11 this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 03:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I see your "The Ravens suck" 

And raise you "Marvin in Primetime"

ROFLMAO!!!!

Ok, I get it. Primetime and Bengals Oil and Water?

I am afraid that won't cut it this week. Go to the NFL site and use the "Next Gen" buttons to compare the 2 teams.
One of the things I saw that surprised me was, at the end of a play, the distance from the QB;s by the D-Lines. NOT one Ravens player was inside 4 yards, SUGGS was 5.
The Bengals had 3 inside 4 yards and one, MJ, was over (I believe he was lower than most of the Ravens D-Linemen).
SOOO, the Bengals aren't that bad. MIGHT be pretty darn good. 
This will be a good measuring stick. So when the Bengals drop a 30+ on the Ravens don't be surprised if it's because the D-Line goes off on Flacco. 

GO BENGALS! 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 11:34 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: You're not going to argue the Colts are in the middle of the pack, are you? They'll be lucky to go 5-11 this season.

You compared them to a team that had a +5 turnover margin and tied. In shit weather. At home.

So again, what is smoking crack actually like?
Reply/Quote
And don't get me wrong, I'm picking the Ravens in this game all day every day. Until the Bengals can get their primetime woes under control on a regular basis, I'll pick against them everytime.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 11:34 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: You're not going to argue the Colts are in the middle of the pack, are you? They'll be lucky to go 5-11 this season.

The zebras will keep the Colts in the playoff hunt until if/when Luck goes down.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 10:22 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: The Colts are arguably one of the worst teams in the league, worse than even the Browns. How'd that work out for the Bengals?

The Bengals were playing catch-up for most of the game and minus a Colt fumble at the end the Bengals probably would have lost.

If the Ravens suck, then what does that make the Bengals?

please we easily dominated the bills 1st stringers when we last met....   Bills are gonna be a bottom of the rung team this year after trading away a lot of talent.

Colts will be contending for the AFCS as long as luck is healthy.
Reply/Quote
Just think about what the Bills did this off season for a little perspective.  They traded away Glenn, let Brown walk in free agency,  signed Bodine and McCarron (who they no longer have) and started their backup QB who played good against most of the guys we cut..  Baltimore stomped a terrible offensive line and a very porous defense and the Colts played a  decent game with a pretty darn good QB.. I think the Colts could have easily handled the Bills too and they're going to be a bit better than most fans and pundits expect while the Bills are running in high gear reverse trying to rival the historically bad Browns of years past . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2018, 04:17 PM)Brimey Wrote: I actually think the Ravens are pretty good and thusly this will be a good way to guage where the Bengals are at

Do as well, but think the Bengals are better

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The Clowns are better than Buffalo or Indy. Don't stop believing.
Reply/Quote