Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Never Let Them See You Sweat!
This definitely beats Marvin's passive clapping for entertainment value:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Can we just start a Zac Taylor mega thread for Pistons to bash him in?

Half a dozen different ones on the first page will probably make things a little cluttered..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 06:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we just start a Zac Taylor mega thread for Pistons to bash him in?

Half a dozen different ones on the first page will probably make things a little cluttered..

Well, I would rather have him take out his issues in the forum than like road rage, chronic substance use, alcoholism, or some other destructive path...

If Taylor somehow takes this team to the playoffs and wins a game or two in the future, there will be people and fans that are critical.  Lewis changed the Bengal franchise into a perennial playoff contender and there were still so much hate.  

With that said, Taylor still has yet to win a game in the NFL as HC.  Needs that first win.   
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 06:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Well, I would rather have him take out his issues in the forum than like road rage, chronic substance use, alcoholism, or some other destructive path...

If Taylor somehow takes this team to the playoffs and wins a game or two in the future, there will be people and fans that are critical.  Lewis changed the Bengal franchise into a perennial playoff contender and there were still so much hate.  

With that said, Taylor still has yet to win a game in the NFL as HC.  Needs that first win.   

Was Marvin so calm on the sidelines that he'd start road raging on the way home?
Reply/Quote
If this is from when I remember yes, let's get totally psyched that our head coach doesn't understand the concept of a player giving himself up.
Reply/Quote
Hasn't been Bengalized yet. That takes time.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 08:13 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: If this is from when I remember yes, let's get totally psyched that our head coach doesn't understand the concept of a player giving himself up.

There were quite a few places that wrote articles to that effect making him sound clueless.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:22 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Hasn't been Bengalized yet. That takes time.

0-3, well on his way... :andy:
Reply/Quote
Even in his wildest rant, Zac Taylor is not as wild eyed batshit crazy as Jim Harbaugh.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:39 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Even in his wildest rant, Zac Taylor is not as wild eyed batshit crazy as Jim Harbaugh.

Not yet. Give it time.

Yelling after your 3rd loss that the wolves are coming is quite the start to a HC career.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Not yet. Give it time.

Yelling after your 3rd loss that the wolves are coming is quite the start to a HC career.

I know you understand what Zac means by that.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:47 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I know you understand what Zac means by that.

I do, but it's a little early for that. He's trying way too hard to hit the cliché's.

He needs to focus on having a sound offensive gameplan.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I do, but it's a little early for that. He's trying way too hard to hit the cliché's.

He needs to focus on having a sound offensive gameplan.

Speaking thereof, anyone see Brian Callahan lately?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Speaking thereof, anyone see Brian Callahan lately?

He's busy drawing up 1 yard WR screen passes to use on 3rd and 10.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 09:36 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: 0-3, well on his way... :andy:

Yep

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 08:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Was Marvin so calm on the sidelines that he'd start road raging on the way home?

Marvin's idea of road rage is sort of like saying "stooop"  with a lisp.....
I was referring to Pistons...cathartic use of boards to vent.  Imagine what it would be like if there were no forum boards to vent.... Help
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 08:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Was Marvin so calm on the sidelines that he'd start road raging on the way home?

Well at least at stop lights you know he was extra hard clapping and yelling "let's go!!".

On a side note...  you think anyone in the Cincy metro area named Marvin Lewis was angry they shared his name?

Kinda like Michael Bolton in Office Space?

Co Worker "Why don't you just go by Marv?"

Marvin "No way man.  Everything was fine until that no talent ass clown came to town to coach the Bengals!"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 02:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This definitely beats Marvin's passive clapping for entertainment value:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

To all who reads these posts and I mean all of you show this to everyone.I just finished watching the second half of the Bengals bills game and the last drive for the bills very late in the forth quarter when they scored,I saw our D-player Andrew Brown was going to sack their qb for a big loss and he was held so badly the whole world could see it and the offensive guy even bearhug him and took him to the ground and it was never called and the ref was standing right there and watched it all.Talk about getting screwed and this happened a second time in that drive by the same guy holding Andrew Brown and he would have easily put their qb on the ground for a big loss and it would have been forth down and to me the refs have them that last drive.I mean it was so obvious everyone saw it and it went uncalled.I hate the crooked refs and Andrew Brown was trying to tell the refs and they just ignored him.He was held for a good three/four seconds and I mean he was manhandled and it was never called.Should have been a 10 yard penalty and they would have never gotten the TD.That is just how it goes for our team.should have won that game.everyone read this and go back those of you who taped it and watch the bills last drive,it will make you SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:31 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: To all who reads these posts and I mean all of you show this to everyone.I just finished watching the second half of the Bengals bills game and the last drive for the bills very late in the forth quarter when they scored,I saw our D-player Andrew Brown was going to sack their qb for a big loss and he was held so badly the whole world could see it and the offensive guy even bearhug him and took him to the ground and it was never called and the ref was standing right there and watched it all.Talk about getting screwed and this happened a second time in that drive by the same guy holding Andrew Brown and he would have easily put their qb on the ground for a big loss and it would have been forth down and to me the refs have them that last drive.I mean it was so obvious everyone saw it and it went uncalled.I hate the crooked refs and Andrew Brown was trying to tell the refs and they just ignored him.He was held for a good three/four seconds and I mean he was manhandled and it was never called.Should have been a 10 yard penalty and they would have never gotten the TD.That is just how it goes for our team.should have won that game.everyone read this and go back those of you who taped it and watch the bills last drive,it will make you SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:

At 1st I thought you were talking about wanting the world to see how amazing my posts were.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis's greatest speech (Hard Knocks episode #4):

"This is a long ass season. This is a grind. And you can't give up the ball, you can't miss tackles, you can't step out of bounds, you can't have penalties, you can't field punts on the 1-yard line. Some of you wonder why you don't play and start. It's because you don't make tackles on interceptions. It's because you don't know who to block. So you better make up your mind what you are going to do. It's your football team. Find a way to fix it! Reach down inside and be a -ucking pro! This is what happens in the NFL if let a team hang around with you, they beat your ass every time. Just letting them hang around, and giving the football back. Just keep letting them convert 3rd downs. That's what happens, you get beat. And this is what it feels like. I don't like this feeling. I can't stand it. And you know when I got this feeling? Yesterday morning when I got guys dragging on the gosh dang field again. Get on the field and be ready to go! Because God Dammit we're going to be going on all cylinders... with or without you. And I mean that."
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote