Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never Nancy
(11-15-2018, 07:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You do realize the Dems will make the call not the GOP

I never said the gop would vote for her

All I said was picking someone else because you think the GOP won’t baselessly attack them is ridiculous
People suck
(11-15-2018, 11:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's funny, because the POTUS endorsed her, and said she deserves the job.

You aren’t THAT gullible, right?!
People suck
(11-16-2018, 12:22 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Please no. F the Washington establishment.

It kills me everybody bitches about politics yet the same shitheads keep getting office.

Best way to get trump reelected is to give him a clip full of pelosi ammo

So, you'd root for an outsider?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-16-2018, 09:42 AM)hollodero Wrote: So, you'd root for an outsider?

Not just any outsider.  TRUMP FOR SPEAKER.  Imagine what he could get done then.  I want the hot chick from NY.  The speaker is on TV all the time.  Let's make it worth it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-16-2018, 09:45 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Not just any outsider.  TRUMP FOR SPEAKER.  Imagine what he could get done then.  I want the hot chick from NY.  The speaker is on TV all the time.  Let's make it worth it.

I'm sure (hope) your joking by caller her the "hot chick".  She's already facing pressure from the old white men who don't like them women in their halls.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-16-2018, 09:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm sure (hope) your joking by caller her the "hot chick".  She's already facing pressure from the old white men who don't like them women in their halls.

I say it in jest, but she is a hot chick.  I thought I was doing her a favor by not commenting on stupid things she says.  How is she facing pressure from old white men who don't want women in their halls?  There's lots of women already there.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-16-2018, 09:52 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I say it in jest, but she is a hot chick.  I thought I was doing her a favor by not commenting on stupid things she says.  How is she facing pressure from old white men who don't want women in their halls?  There's lots of women already there.  

There are stories about them taking pictures and sharing them about her coats, how she dresses, etc.  Usually taken from behind.

But, no, saying she is "hot" is not doing her any favors.

IMHO.
(11-16-2018, 09:45 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I want the hot chick from NY.  The speaker is on TV all the time.  Let's make it worth it.

Yeah screw the establishment, let's just go with the pretty lady. It's a media show anyways, might as well accept and play to it at this point.

Btw. do you mean Ocasio-Cortez? (Oh, and also I'm of course indignant about your choice of words. She's hot indeed, but you're not supposed to say so, shame on you.)
(11-16-2018, 09:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: There are stories about them taking pictures and sharing them about her coats, how she dresses, etc.  Usually taken from behind.

But, no, saying she is "hot" is not doing her any favors.

IMHO.

Didn't know that part.  That's not cool.

(11-16-2018, 10:03 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah screw the establishment, let's just go with the pretty lady. It's a media show anyways, might as well accept and play to it at this point.

Btw. do you mean Ocasio-Cortez? (Oh, and also I'm of course indignant about your choice of words. She's hot indeed, but you're not supposed to say so, shame on you.)

"Hot" was easier than looking up her name.  LOL

(11-16-2018, 10:10 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Didn't know that part.  That's not cool.

Yeah, there was a Trump-friendly journalist type that tweeted it out and commented. Even Mike Cernovich told him to delete it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
The worst thing Democrats can do is squander the time they have in control of the House by picking a speaker with little tenure or experience in leadership. Someone who will jump on the impeachment train and not rein in the incoming Freshmen.

Look at how Republicans completely wasted two years of controlling both houses and the presidency.

Nancy is the prudent choice, and I say that knowing she abandoned her home city in favor of her adopted city when the Ravens played the Niners in the SB.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-16-2018, 11:11 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The worst thing Democrats can do is squander the time they have in control of the House by picking a speaker with little tenure or experience in leadership. Someone who will jump on the impeachment train and not reign in the incoming Freshmen.

Look at how Republicans completely wasted two years of controlling both houses and the presidency.

Nancy is the prudent choice, and I say that knowing she abandoned her home city in favor of her adopted city when the Ravens played the Niners in the SB.

Exactly the wrong thought process for this moment. It is not a time to be prudent or "conservative", it's time to change and be bold. That's how the Democrats can turn winning in 2018, into winning in 2020.

There are plenty of veteran lawmakers that are a better fit for the current times. My choice would be Barbara Lee, can't tell me she doesn't have the experience to guide the incoming freshman, while still pursuing a progressive agenda for the House.
(11-16-2018, 10:11 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, there was a Trump-friendly journalist type that tweeted it out and commented. Even Mike Cernovich told him to delete it.

I saw where one of the posted was taken to task for using the word "girl"...which I myself am quite guilty of doing.  Habit I picked up from my late-grandfather who called every woman "that girl" even if she was 80 years old and a year younger than him!  LOL!
(11-16-2018, 11:17 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Exactly the wrong thought process for this moment. It is not a time to be prudent or "conservative", it's time to change and be bold. That's how the Democrats can turn winning in 2018, into winning in 2020.

There are plenty of veteran lawmakers that are a better fit for the current times. My choice would be Barbara Lee, can't tell me she doesn't have the experience to guide the incoming freshman, while still pursuing a progressive agenda for the House.

Preemptive attacks on the president can bolster his popularity and empower his base. Trump would love to have the Bill Clinton treatment and come out as a martyr who was the victim of a baseless, partisan impeachment. 

I'm not suggesting that anyone one specific person would allow this, but whoever the choice is needs to show restraint and get to work. In fighting, talks of impeachment prior to the Mueller investigation being over, and lacking a cohesive message moving forward will cause that. Pelosi has the experience to do this. We need people who can get things done rather than pushing for things that won't even get a vote in the Senate. 

If there's someone else with those qualities, I'd entertain them, but I haven't seen anyone throw their hat in the ring that would be a better choice. 

(11-16-2018, 10:11 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, there was a Trump-friendly journalist type that tweeted it out and commented. Even Mike Cernovich told him to delete it.

His attempts to defend himself as saying she was well put together didn't go very far when his tweets of photos he took commenting on women's feet resurfaced. 

(11-16-2018, 11:56 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Preemptive attacks on the president can bolster his popularity and empower his base. Trump would love to have the Bill Clinton treatment and come out as a martyr who was the victim of a baseless, partisan impeachment. 

I'm not suggesting that anyone one specific person would allow this, but whoever the choice is needs to show restraint and get to work. In fighting, talks of impeachment prior to the Mueller investigation being over, and lacking a cohesive message moving forward will cause that. Pelosi has the experience to do this. We need people who can get things done rather than pushing for things that won't even get a vote in the Senate. 

If there's someone else with those qualities, I'd entertain them, but I haven't seen anyone throw their hat in the ring that would be a better choice. 

I agree impeachment shouldn’t be the priority. Same with Trump’s tax returns. I’d even prefer the House act and pass legislation while completely ignoring Trump. That would break his little heart if he wasn’t the center of attention of the House.
(11-16-2018, 11:17 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Exactly the wrong thought process for this moment. It is not a time to be prudent or "conservative", it's time to change and be bold. That's how the Democrats can turn winning in 2018, into winning in 2020.

Agreed.

And I'd add, Pelosi fits in with the stereotype (correct or incorrect) the GOP has throwing out there that all Democrats are millionaires who want to take your guns. If Democrats are going to gain anything in 2020, they'll only do it by shaking that off. Either by being firm and consistent with a new platform (which would best be sold with a new voice) or going trying to get back to the Midwestern "it's your father's Democratic party" image of pro-labor, pro-individual rights (which would best be done by someone from a Rust Belt state).

And it needs to happen. Normally I prefer when the two branches are split up and have to work together. But the GOP has gone so far off the deep end with the deficit spending, it's going to have to swing pretty far the other way to correct.
(11-16-2018, 12:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I agree impeachment shouldn’t be the priority. Same with Trump’s tax returns. I’d even prefer the House act and pass legislation while completely ignoring Trump. That would break his little heart if he wasn’t the center of attention of the House.

This means finding common ground with the Senate. Whoever can do this would be the right choice. Like you're suggesting, they need to show voters that there are adults who are capable of getting things done. 

(11-16-2018, 02:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: This means finding common ground with the Senate. Whoever can do this would be the right choice. Like you're suggesting, they need to show voters that there are adults who are capable of getting things done. 

Finding common ground if you expect legislation to pass. I don’t expect anything except continuing resolutions to pass for the next two years.

They need to show voters that they have a platform and where they stand on issues. That’s what voting on bills that you know are never going to pass, indicates to the voters.

Passing bad legislation for the sake of “bipartisanship” or “getting things done” is going to lead to Dems losing in 2020.