Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Assistant Coaches?
Will Taylor call plays? Will his brother follow him? Who are the new assistants? Defensive Coordinator?

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:54 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Will Taylor call plays?  Will his brother follow him?  Who are the new assistants?  Defensive Coordinator?

Hey may bring Shane Waldron with him... that would be awesome!
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:04 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: Hey may bring Shane Waldron with him... that would be awesome!

I think the Rams promote Waldron to keep him, but that would be amazing if he did bring him.
Reply/Quote
Personally I want to see who will be the D coordinator also I hope Lazor is not retained.
Reply/Quote
Lazor worked with him in Miami so he may be retained. It's unknown.
Reply/Quote
I know somebody on the Rams staff Mike Brown might have his eye on.

Chris Shula son of former Bengals HC Dave Shula and grandson of HoFer Don Shula is an assistant LBs coach on the Rams.

He did play football at the nearby cradle of coaches Miami of Ohio. Maybe he could bring respect back to the Shula name in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
I am think Shane Waldron will be OC because they interviewed in same time frame and sort of worked together as package for the Rams, especially on 3rd down.

I also think that Taylor wanted Williams as DC which is why the Bengals have been said to interview Greg Williams twice.

Boss and others stated that Press could come in as OC from Philly.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am think Shane Waldron will be OC because they interviewed in same time frame and sort of worked together as package for the Rams, especially on 3rd down.

I also think that Taylor wanted Williams as DC which is why the Bengals have been said to interview Greg Williams twice.  

It's hard to imagine that his brother would not come with him in some capacity because people seem to see him as a future HC too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:59 PM)McC Wrote: It's hard to imagine that his brother would not come with him in some capacity because people seem to see him as a future HC too.

Rams could hold onto Waldron no doubt.  I think Taylor will have his say in who he wants and if it is Press, then that would be exciting.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:58 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am think Shane Waldron will be OC because they interviewed in same time frame and sort of worked together as package for the Rams, especially on 3rd down.

It certainly fits with what the other young HC's have done and it's a wise move.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

This was a twitter joke.  We havent interviewed Gregg Williams at all.  I would like to see them make a move on him because I want a more agressive scheme than what we have had around here lately.
Reply/Quote
The D is where I'm looking forward to hearing about the next hires. As it relates to the next DC. I think Press comes with him, and helps him settle in. Vance may be out and Taylor should get a DC with some experience.

I'm calling it now. Rex Ryan will step out of retirement and return to the AFCN. HC experience, and he can run the whole D. Rex can coordinate a D. His brother on the other hand.....

That'll give him a vet Coach, familiar with the division.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 10:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: The D is where I'm looking forward to hearing about the next hires. As it relates to the next DC. I think Press comes with him. Vance may be out and Taylor should get a DC with some experience.

I'm calling it now. Rex Ryan will step out of retirement and return to the AFCN. HC experience, and he can run the whole D. Rex can coordinate a D. His brother on the other hand.....

Rex is the last person I want as coordinator the last time he took over a defense he made it a lot worse in Buffalo.

As to the OP I hope it is Marquan Manual as Defensive coordinator.  He had a lot of bad luck this year with injuries but in 2017 his unit was top 10 in points, total yards, and rushing yards. They were also 12th in passing Defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Greg Williams seems like the right choice to me but maybe Taylor wants someone else from the college rankings. I don't know.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
I'd love Steve Wilks as DC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Maybe he can bring Whitworth back

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I want nothing to do with Williams.

I'd be for Wilks. His D's in Caroline were always nice. But some of that could have been Rivera.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:36 PM)mon4078 Wrote: Personally I want to see who will be the D coordinator also I hope Lazor is not retained.

Hope Lazor is gone too.  He was very bad as of late.  I'd be excited if he brought his brother from the Eagles to be OC

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 10:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Greg Williams seems like the right choice to me but maybe Taylor wants someone else from the college rankings.  I don't know.

I'd be on board with Williams

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 02:42 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Hope Lazor is gone too.  He was very bad as of late.  I'd be excited if he brought his brother from the Eagles to be OC
I'm liking this idea and if Philly releases Foles and we could somehow get him and replace Dalton I really think we could have a very strong offense.
(01-11-2019, 02:43 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: I'd be on board with Williams

Im not fond of this idea.  Williams D wasn't that good up in Cleveland I think we could do much better.  I've been thinking  on this matter and I really don't know who to get,  but Williams isn't the answer I don't think.   What I do find odd though and I haven't seen anyone mention yet is why Vance Joesph is willing to come here to be HC,  but not as a DC,  but yet is interviewing for DC on other teams?   
Reply/Quote