Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New CNN Iowa Poll: GOP wants someone who can win; Dems want someone with their values
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/21/politics/iowa-poll-full-results-cnn-orc/

I was reading the latest Iowa poll from CNN.

What interested me were the two questions "which candidate best represents the values of (insert political party)?" and "which candidate has the best chance at winning the general election?"

According to this poll, Trump leads with 37% with Cruz trailing behind with 26%. When asked who best reflects the values of the GOP, Cruz (29%) tops Trump (28%). Not significant, but it is up from 22% vs 25% last month. It should also be noted that while Trumps has led the last 4 CNN Iowa polls, he has only once been identified as the candidate who best represents GOP values. When asked who has the best shot at winning in November, 46% say Trump, nearly 10% more than those who would vote for him.

Bernie leads in Iowa with 54% to Hillary's 43%. 60% of Democrats think Hillary has a better chance than Bernie (38%) at winning in November. When asked who represents their values more, Bernie wins with 57% to Hillary's 38%.

So it seems like attacks on Trump for not being a conservative are irrelevant as voters accept that he isn't the most conservative. They care more about winning.

Meanwhile, Hillary is attacking Bernie for not being a viable candidate but Democrats do not care. They want someone who represents their values.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I'm good with that.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-22-2016, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm good with that.
eh? I thought you were a conservative. You're ok with one of the least conservative candidates (on either side) potentially getting elected?
There is a reason the establishment is pulling away from Rubio and towards trump. They do not want anything to change and it won't under Trump.

When the establishment starts being cozy with a candidate then it makes me nervous.

Gotta roll with Cruz out of these choices. He is the only chance to shake things up from the progressives.
(01-22-2016, 09:53 PM)Benton Wrote: eh? I thought you were a conservative. You're ok with one of the least conservative candidates (on either side) potentially getting elected?
Which Dem candidate is more conservative than Trump?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I'd imagine this is a pretty typical response from each party when one has been in power for 8 years and the other has been out of it for 8. I know when Bush was in office my liberal friends spoke more of "winning back the White House" than anything else. I think the shoe is just on the other foot at this point.