Poll: Do you approve or dissaprove of this event?
Approve
Disapprove
It's Trumps Fault!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Small Town Fun?
First, let me lay out some details. I live in a pretty small town. Population is about 6k people. I live about 150yds from the community H.S. Track/Football field. I often sit on my swing and watch Friday night football games. So now I have set the mindset, let me explain:

I walked out on my back porch to have a smoke and they are having a track meet. Several schools are there participating. I go back inside and continue working. About an hour later, I walk outside for another smoke. This is when I heard, "Teams, choose between Snickers and Milky Way's." I'm like, ok, they must have a lot of smaller kids and they are handing out candy, as it seems things were winding down. Then the announcer says, "Well, looks like everyone chose Milky Ways."

The announcer then proceeds with the instructions of the event. It's a 5 man relay. Each person must open their candy bar while during the race and take a bite. Then, he will hand it off to his relay and they must take a bite, and the same for 3-4. However, when you cross the finish line, their must be a bite left for the last guy to eat.

I'm thinking WTF? With all the concerns about hygiene and stuff, how could they possibly offer an event like this (and no, not special education school) and have participation? Then, I hear the announcer lining them up and then the gun popped and the runners took off. They actually did this event and each runner was biting from the same candy bar.

I started thinking when I was young, I didn't have an issue splitting a candy bar with a friend or even passing a joint when in my H.S. years, so this is not that bad. Yet, I wondered what some of you would think which is why I posted. Would you be upset with this event and your kids in it? Do you approve or disapprove of the event?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Over half the population has HSV-1. Might as well check that one off the bucket list.
Reply/Quote
Disapprove 100%, splitting a candy bar sounds safer than biting a fresh bitten candy bar.

As a young kid I thought nothing of using the same dipper, as other household family members, to drink water.

While a teenager, a distant cousin was cooking and eating "runny " eggs. He then offered us those drippy eggs from his plate, it made me queasy to see that.

Life is like boxing instructions, - " we must protect ourselves at all times", especially children who don't know better yet.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 10:49 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: First, let me lay out some details. I live in a pretty small town. Population is about 6k people. I live about 150yds from the community H.S. Track/Football field. I often sit on my swing and watch Friday night football games. So now I have set the mindset, let me explain:

I walked out on my back porch to have a smoke and they are having a track meet. Several schools are there participating. I go back inside and continue working. About an hour later, I walk outside for another smoke. This is when I heard, "Teams, choose between Snickers and Milky Way's." I'm like, ok, they must have a lot of smaller kids and they are handing out candy, as it seems things were winding down. Then the announcer says, "Well, looks like everyone chose Milky Ways."

The announcer then proceeds with the instructions of the event. It's a 5 man relay. Each person must open their candy bar while during the race and take a bite. Then, he will hand it off to his relay and they must take a bite, and the same for 3-4. However, when you cross the finish line, their must be a bite left for the last guy to eat.

I'm thinking WTF? With all the concerns about hygiene and stuff, how could they possibly offer an event like this (and no, not special education school) and have participation? Then, I hear the announcer lining them up and then the gun popped and the runners took off. They actually did this event and each runner was biting from the same candy bar.

I started thinking when I was young, I didn't have an issue splitting a candy bar with a friend or even passing a joint when in my H.S. years, so this is not that bad. Yet, I wondered what some of you would think which is why I posted. Would you be upset with this event and your kids in it? Do you approve or disapprove of the event?

No problems with it... almost every party I go to we are trying new beers and passing the bottle around.

Not much difference here.  Only way I could see preventing a child from doing this is if they have a poor immune system or the parent is an overprotective nut job.
Reply/Quote
You know why they picked the Milky Way over the Snickers?
It's easier to eat, peanuts take longer to chew.

As for sharing food, I have never done it but I'm weird like that. Also, if you touch my food thinking you're going to get it, I'll stab you with my fork then throw it in the garbage...I've done it before and I'll do it again. Like I said, I'm weird like that, I don't want your herpes or nasty ass mouth anywhere near my food.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 11:13 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: You know why they picked the Milky Way over the Snickers?
It's easier to eat, peanuts take longer to chew.

As for sharing food, I have never done it but I'm weird like that. Also, if you touch my food thinking you're going to get it, I'll stab you with my fork then throw it in the garbage...I've done it before and I'll do it again. Like I said, I'm weird like that, I don't want your herpes or nasty ass mouth anywhere near my food.

you need to eat near cleaner people
Reply/Quote
I share my gum with my wife. We also share a lot of other germs too.....if you know what I mean. :)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I didn't get freaked out about it. Was just interesting to see this, specially from a school that is supposed to alert teenagers of bodily fluids and disease, etc. Again, to me its not a huge deal, but someone could catch something from this.

Reply/Quote
I like the idea of running the relay with a joint and each racer taking a puff. ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
This reminds me of a story from Lance Rentzal's autobiography.

One thing he had to do when he was initiated into the lettermans club at Oklahoma was a "grape race". All the players had grapes stuffed up their asses and then the had to crawl across the floor. If any of the grapes came out you had to start over.

The loser had to eat all the grapes.

And you are worried about taking a bite off a candy bar after another person?
Reply/Quote
You think 6,000 is a small town? Hell, my hometown would fit inside of your town four times over.

Get out of here with your new-fangled ideas, you big-city slicker! Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:33 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I like the idea of running the relay with a joint and each racer taking a puff.  ThumbsUp

Pretty sure it only makes one pass before the runner is too mellow or too selfish to keep it going.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 04:58 PM)Benton Wrote: Pretty sure it only makes one pass before the runner is too mellow or too selfish to keep it going.

How long is each leg of the race might be a puff puff puff pass event.  and you cant drop it.

(stoner Olympics would be fun to watch I think:
Events such as crush the bag of chips. Or how long can you old that hit. How many shots can you do while holding a hit. etc...)

(with the candy bar the most dangerous thing is probly choking on it while trying to run and eat at the same time)

Maybe a safer race would be to carry a pack of peeps and every member of the team has to bite off and spit out the head of a peep.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:33 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I like the idea of running the relay with a joint and each racer taking a puff. ThumbsUp

Can I just all four legs myself?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2017, 05:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Maybe a safer race would be to carry a pack of peeps and every member of the team has to bite off and spit out the head of a peep.

That would be the "Ozzy Osborne" event.

Reply/Quote
I wanted to blame Obama, but had to settle for the Grrrrrrrrreat one.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 09:33 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I like the idea of running the relay with a joint and each racer taking a puff.  ThumbsUp

post of the day goes to bengalzona!  :andy: :andy:
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I heard of the same thing when I was in High School from a town about 20 mins from ours.
Reply/Quote