Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New LBs....Which one are you most excited to watch?
Ocho's post about draft picks got me thinking....

And since it is pretty dry, topic-wise, I thought about starting a topic sure to bring lots of debate, or let's hope....healthy discussion.

The new LBs: Bynes, Wilson, ADG, Bailey, or maybe the wildcard FA: Josh Kniphel, from Iowa State.

Who are you most excited to watch in 2020 and why?

My immediate response is Wilson, as I see him as a "do it all, with a nose for the ball"-type, but I really am intrigued by Markus Bailey. The guy was a lethal LB when he was healthy. Great instincts, speed, tackling, and toughness. I realize that two ACL surgeries would scare the most optimistic of fans away. I just remember seeing the guy all over the damn field against Ohio State his junior year. Seems to be at this best in big games. He also was a Campbell Finalist, for the top scholar athlete of the NCAA.

Here is a short article about him that has some nice film breakdown:

https://www.cover1.net/2020-nfl-draft-markus-bailey-the-overlooked-chess-piece/

I think Bailey will have a huge chip on his shoulder to show he belongs and is a much bigger talent than a 7th round selection.

Who is yours?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not sure I can just pick one. I'm very excited about Bynes and all 3 of the linebackers we drafted. I think by mid season they could really be contributing to make a big difference in our defense. I love the film on all 3 and I love the brains and attitude Bynes will bring to the room.
Reply/Quote
Akeem Davis Gaither
My intuition tells me might another Odell Thurman 2.0
Minus the self destruction issues
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2020, 02:27 PM)3wt Wrote: Not sure I can just pick one.   I'm very excited about Bynes and all 3 of the linebackers we drafted.  I think by mid season they could really be contributing to make a big difference in our defense.  I love the film on all 3 and I love the brains and attitude Bynes will bring to the room.

I agree, I'm waiting to see all the new LBs. 
Reply/Quote
Excited about all the guys we drafted.

Not impressed with Bynes.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2020, 02:20 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ocho's post about draft picks got me thinking....

And since it is pretty dry, topic-wise, I thought about starting a topic sure to bring lots of debate, or let's hope....healthy discussion.

The new LBs:  Bynes, Wilson, ADG, Bailey, or maybe the wildcard FA: Josh Kniphel, from Iowa State.

My immediate response is Wilson, as I see him as a "do it all, with a nose for the ball"-type, but I really am intrigued by Markus Bailey.  The guy was a lethal LB when he was healthy.  Great instincts, speed, tackling, and toughness.  I realize that two ACL surgeries would scare the most optimistic of fans away.  I just remember seeing the guy all over the damn field against Ohio State his junior year.  Seems to be at this best in big games.  He also was a Campbell Finalist, for the top scholar athlete of the NCAA.

I think Bailey will have a  huge chip on his shoulder to show he belongs and is a much bigger talent than a 7th round selection.  

Who is yours?

I think you meant Spears as the Linebacker from Iowa State SHRacer, that guy is a Guard.

I love Wilson the way he plays, he is solid. But that is the thing, he is just solid. So not as exciting as a guy like Bailey or ADG
who are playmakers. ADG is a bit small so I think he will need to add weight to tackle bigger backs and TE's. If Bailey is healthy
he is who I am most excited about cause he can change games. Watching the tape of him at Purdue you would think he would 
be a top Draft pick, with the injury you understand him falling but not all the way to the 7th.

Think Markus Bailey could be our biggest steal in a long time if he can stay healthy.

In the end I am excited to see all of them, Wilson was just a great pick that should solidify our LB core for years to come. He is
disciplined, instinctive, a great tackler and can cover. Rare all around solid Linebacker. But Bailey could be the steal.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2020, 02:27 PM)3wt Wrote: Not sure I can just pick one.   I'm very excited about Bynes and all 3 of the linebackers we drafted.  I think by mid season they could really be contributing to make a big difference in our defense.  I love the film on all 3 and I love the brains and attitude Bynes will bring to the room.

Oh no.  You gone and activated the Fred alert.  Three, two, one...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-04-2020, 04:02 PM)McC Wrote: Oh no.  You gone and activated the Fred alert.  Three, two, one...

Thought the same thing lol
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2020, 02:20 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ocho's post about draft picks got me thinking....

The new LBs: Bynes, Wilson, ADG, Bailey, or maybe the wildcard FA: Josh Kniphel, from Iowa State.

My immediate response is Wilson, as I see him as a "do it all, with a nose for the ball"-type, but I really am intrigued by Markus Bailey. The guy was a lethal LB when he was healthy. Great instincts, speed, tackling, and toughness. I realize that two ACL surgeries would scare the most optimistic of fans away. I just remember seeing the guy all over the damn field against Ohio State his junior year. Seems to be at this best in big games. He also was a Campbell Finalist, for the top scholar athlete of the NCAA.

I think Bailey will have a huge chip on his shoulder to show he belongs and is a much bigger talent than a 7th round selection.

Who is yours?

Agree about Bailey.
Reply/Quote
I'm anxious to see what all of them can do and hoping we've got a real LBer corps in the making. If I had to choose one I'm most excited about I'd say Wilson. He seems to be one of the guys that always ends up around the ball.

I'm hoping as well ADG turns into a monster pass defender.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2020, 04:24 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Agree about Bailey.

He's exactly the kind of guy 7th round picks were made for.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Toss up between Wilson and ADG. What I’m really excited about is what Pratt, Wilson and ADG could be half a season in.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2020, 05:18 PM)McC Wrote: He's exactly the kind of guy 7th round picks were made for.

I’m all for a 2-3 round talent guy in the 7th....just stay healthy.
Reply/Quote
I only see Pratt coming back from last year. I would be starting Wilson, Pratt and ADG as a unit and letting them gain experience working together. Bynes comes in when they are in a 3-4 alignment.
Reply/Quote
I am really excited by all 3 rookies and what Bynes brings to the team. But I think Bailey is going to surprise people. He can bring it. I remember watching him against the Buckeyes and I was impressed.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Curious to see how Wilson will do at the NFL level.Spent a high round pick on the guy, hope he works out.I thought,,,was hoping,They would take Josh Jones with that pick but hopefully Wilson will be worth it.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2020, 07:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: I would be starting Wilson, Pratt and ADG as a unit and letting them gain experience working together. 

This.  ThumbsUp

Fourth LB in the 3-4 scheme would be more of an edge rusher than a LB.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2020, 08:50 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am really excited by all 3 rookies and what Bynes brings to the team.  But I think Bailey is going to surprise people.  He can bring it.  I remember watching him against the Buckeyes and I was impressed.

You had to bring that game up...….. He was possessed that game!
Reply/Quote
ADG

Reply/Quote
I'm pumped about all of them, but definitely have my eye on Bailey as being a major steal/sleeper who could be a big time playmaker. But overall, I think we got a bunch of guys who are going to be better than we've seen in a while.
Reply/Quote