Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New LBs....Which one are you most excited to watch?
(06-07-2020, 01:59 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: And, BTW, we've never had an All-Pro LB. 

That’s pretty crazy. Burfict was 2nd team All Pro in 2013 though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2020, 03:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I get it, undrafted players are sometimes tough to know about. I did watch Spears last year and he stood out in a good way.

Germaine Pratt is the underrated player right now IMO.

This guy is a player. Pratt deserves his own thread. He is a leader too, just like all the players we brought in this Offseason.

Pratt and Jordan are two guys that got a lot of experience their rookie season and nicely progressed as it reached the end.  I wish we knew a bit more about Drew Sample, but as high as you and I were on him coming out last year (not 2nd round high, but we liked him) I hope he takes huge strides this season.  
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson has the speed to clean up the edge which is something we haven’t had since Burfict. I do question his ability to take on blockers on inside runs but our new DL should help tremendously with that.

My biggest beef with Vigil is that he never played up to why we drafted him which was to be a solid tackler. If Logan Wilson can make the easy plays - our defense will be ten times better.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 10:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Pratt and Jordan are two guys that got a lot of experience their rookie season and nicely progressed as it reached the end.  I wish we knew a bit more about Drew Sample, but as high as you and I were on him coming out last year (not 2nd round high, but we liked him) I hope he takes huge strides this season.  

I think Sample is going to surprise some people this year. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2020, 02:20 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Ocho's post about draft picks got me thinking....

And since it is pretty dry, topic-wise, I thought about starting a topic sure to bring lots of debate, or let's hope....healthy discussion.

The new LBs:  Bynes, Wilson, ADG, Bailey, or maybe the wildcard FA: Josh Kniphel, from Iowa State.

Who are you most excited to watch in 2020 and why?

My immediate response is Wilson, as I see him as a "do it all, with a nose for the ball"-type, but I really am intrigued by Markus Bailey.  The guy was a lethal LB when he was healthy.  Great instincts, speed, tackling, and toughness.  I realize that two ACL surgeries would scare the most optimistic of fans away.  I just remember seeing the guy all over the damn field against Ohio State his junior year.  Seems to be at this best in big games.  He also was a Campbell Finalist, for the top scholar athlete of the NCAA.

Here is a short article about him that has some nice film breakdown:

https://www.cover1.net/2020-nfl-draft-markus-bailey-the-overlooked-chess-piece/

I think Bailey will have a  huge chip on his shoulder to show he belongs and is a much bigger talent than a 7th round selection.  

Who is yours?

I'll let everyone know who is exciting when I see any of them making worthwhile tackles instead of just standing there letting the offense run right by them or can cover anything in pass coverage!

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 03:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That’s pretty crazy. Burfict was 2nd team All Pro in 2013 though.

And I know it doesn't count for us, but I think Bergy was All-Pro in Philly. Of all the LBs we drafted this year, I give Bailey the best shot at breaking this shutout. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 12:04 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I think Sample is going to surprise some people this year. 

Oh I hope you're right.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 10:07 AM)willieFANderson Wrote: Logan Wilson has the speed to clean up the edge which is something we haven’t had since Burfict. I do question his ability to take on blockers on inside runs but our new DL should help tremendously with that.

My biggest beef with Vigil is that he never played up to why we drafted him which was to be a solid tackler.  If Logan Wilson can make the easy plays - our defense will be ten times better.

I don't think Vigil was considered anything better than a marginal tackler.   I recall he was drafted for his brains and decent foot speed - which I think he showed.   He just struggled to shed and tackle (head on).
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2020, 10:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Pratt and Jordan are two guys that got a lot of experience their rookie season and nicely progressed as it reached the end.  I wish we knew a bit more about Drew Sample, but as high as you and I were on him coming out last year (not 2nd round high, but we liked him) I hope he takes huge strides this season.  

Hard to judge Sample as he got injured last year but yeah, I was wanting the guy in the mid rounds cause he is an all around 
TE that can block and catch and is a decent athlete. With Burrow coming in he might do very well as Burrow likes to throw to 
the TE's a lot.
Reply/Quote
I still think Pratt will be the only LB we keep from last season. And I think both Wilson and ADG will have an adjustment period then settle in and be good.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2020, 03:47 PM)Joelist Wrote: I still think Pratt will be the only LB we keep from last season. And I think both Wilson and ADG will have an adjustment period then settle in and be good.

Probably right and I find this to be a good thing. Lets let loose those Marv LB's.

Have liked all the LB's that Taylor, Lou and company have brought in.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2020, 04:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably right and I find this to be a good thing. Lets let loose those Marv LB's.

Have liked all the LB's that Taylor, Lou and company have brought in.

Marvin couldnt draft linebackers, just a bunch of what ifs and no goods. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2020, 04:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have liked all the LB's that Taylor, Lou and company have brought in.

they were the ones who gave Preston Brown a 3 year contract.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 02:21 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Marvin couldnt draft linebackers, just a bunch of what ifs and no goods. 

Yes sire YXD, he was no Linebacker whisperer that is for damn sure either.

Besides Burfict and Odell it was pretty ugly for Marv with his Linebackers.

(06-10-2020, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: they were the ones who gave Preston Brown a 3 year contract.

Well that was clearly a mistake.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2020, 07:24 PM)Joelist Wrote: I only see Pratt coming back from last year. I would be starting Wilson, Pratt and ADG as a unit and letting them gain experience working together. Bynes comes in when they are in a 3-4 alignment.

We played a traditional 4-3 about 10-15% of snaps last year. 

And while I think Wilson could become the MLB in a 4-3 package, Bynes owns the MIKE at the moment. 
Reply/Quote
Oops, to answer the OP:

1) Bynes (most ready to contribute day1)
2) Wilson
3) ADG
4) Bailey

Excited to watch all of them. With Geno, Reader, Dunlap, and Hubbard in front of them, our LBs should make plays.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2020, 08:45 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Oops, to answer the OP:

1) Bynes (most ready to contribute day1)
2) Wilson
3) ADG
4) Bailey

Excited to watch all of them. With Geno, Reader, Dunlap, and Hubbard in front of them, our LBs should make plays.

Cue Fred to come in and bash Bynes...
Reply/Quote