Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New Logo?
(01-26-2022, 10:36 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I already posted I like it, but I appreciate your description. "Joe Cool" is appropriate with the confident look that tiger presents. It doesn't need to be snarling and showing teeth to be a cool logo (although I'm sure it would look cool if so).

The more I look at it, the more I like it.  It looks rather "smug".  Confident.  Burrow-like.  

If they win it all this year, this image might end up somewhere on my body.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 10:45 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The more I look at it, the more I like it.  It looks rather "smug".  Confident.  Burrow-like.  

If they win it all this year, this image might end up somewhere on my body.  

This is anecdotal at best, but one of my cats is quite haughty and the look he gives reminds me of this logo. When I see my cat do it, I respect him for his confidence. Thus, I see what you're seeing in the logo. 
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2022, 10:32 AM)Tomkat Wrote: So, to avoid any confusion, and to save everyone from having to click a link, here's the logo they were referring to...
[Image: KdDyHoz.png]

Thanks for posting this.  

It looks like an older tiger who's in that awkward period of having had his teeth pulled and now he's waiting for the dentures to arrive.  Deep-six that along with that lame-ass, "B" logo.  Someone on here the other day referred to the B as a "Sesame Street" B, and I couldn't agree more.  Stick with our current tiger head, it's a winner.   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I can't believe how many people get upset over the "B" logo. Lots of other college and pro sports teams have a letter as their logo.

And even if I did not really like it I don't think I would let it get to me the way some fans do.

It is just a matter of taste. It is like getting upset over the fact that someone likes a different kind of music or food than you do.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 01:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can't believe how many people get upset over the "B" logo.  Lots of other college and pro sports teams have a letter as their logo.

And even if I did not really like it I don't think I would let it get to me the way some fans do.  

It is just a matter of taste.  It is like getting upset over the fact that someone likes a different kind of music or food than you do.

Yes, I highlighted the same idea in an earlier post with examples. I view it as only conspiracy when people offer the "B" isn't just for Bengals, but also for the "B" in Brown because the family will want to relocate from Cincinnati. It might not be the best logo in the NFL, but it's not as bad as people claim.
Reply/Quote
I don't like the B... if at all possible I only buy clothing without it. Much prefer "Cincinnati Bengals" or the Tiger Head
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Im not a B fan either.

Is not bad, its just lazy.
Reply/Quote
I'm fine with any logo they have as long as it's not a limp penis or sloppy vagina..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:11 PM)motoarch Wrote: Im not a B fan either.

Is not bad, its just lazy.

How could a logo be "lazy"?
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How could a logo be "lazy"?

Yeah, that’s a weird criticism. A lot of the most iconic logos are super simple. The Cowboys literally use a plain star. I wonder if a portion of their fans are clamoring for some kind of tough cowboy logo…

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, that’s a weird criticism. A lot of the most iconic logos are super simple. The Cowboys literally use a plain star. I wonder if a portion of their fans are clamoring for some kind of tough cowboy logo…

Well hello, Mr. Club Riley.

I think by lazy, people are trying to express they view it as a '90s clipart "B" and view it as overly simple. I like simple.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I will never understand this fanbase’s disdain for the B. It’s a clean, sharp logo. And the “it stands for Brown” thing has always been ridiculous.

That said, from what I could tell on that image - the profile tiger head looks kinda cool.

I'm okay with the B but I really like the way they dropped the B on the new unis and added BENGALS. The letters look very neat and sharp.

[Image: 0be534d7f7464a0c8079d9e26cbd7e09.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 02:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, that’s a weird criticism. A lot of the most iconic logos are super simple. The Cowboys literally use a plain star. I wonder if a portion of their fans are clamoring for some kind of tough cowboy logo…

The Dallas star is a great example.

Its simple and easily recognizable as the Cowboys without saying it's the cowboys.  Its a really great logo.

I don't equate simple and lazy as the same thing.  

The Titans logo isn't simple and its rather bad.  Too many things going on.  Very busy and for most people not particularly recognizable or attractive.

A T that looks vaguely like a knife with 3 random stars and flames inside a circle, why?  I suppose someone will come along and explain what the meaning of all of the things are and why they have meaning but thats exactly the problem.  You have to explain it and thats assuming there is an explanation.

Conversely the idea of superimposing a number of various things into a logo with different meanings can be done successfully while making a logo that appears rather simple at first glance.  Which is exactly what you want a simple easily recognizable logo that people will immediately associate with your brand. 

A good example of that is the Hartford Whalers logo.  It incorporates the whale tail integrated with a W and the tall city builds (it was the capitol of the insurance industry at that time) as an H in such a beautiful way using negative space.  It's truly iconic and one of the greatest sports logos ever.
It's so creative and simple and unlike the Titans logo you dont need to know anything about what everything means because its simple enough that it requires no explanation but is more interesting the more you investigate it if you choose to.

The reason I called the B lazy is because my assumption is the Bengals see the strips as the logo not a bengal tiger or even the B itself.

I suspect thats why the primary logo is the B and not a tiger head or the jumping tiger or something else.

The B provides them a vehicle to apply the stripes too.  Otherwise they'er just stripes in space.

I love the idea that the stripes are the logo.  I think thats really unique and different but the struggle is how you package that in a logo that scales for different merchandise, advertising whatever else you need branded.

The B is a simple but lazy solution in my mind.  Im not suggesting I know what the answer is and I don't hate it but I think there is a more creative solution to be had.

I could be wrong but this is just my opinion.

EDIT: I wanted add more as to why a simple star is so impactful while a B is not.

Texas was at one time its own country. The lone star state. And the American flag has 50 stars for each state. You can see where this is going.

That single simple star has a lot of impact and meaning in it. A B with stripes is a B with stripes.
Reply/Quote
Just put Burrow riding a bengal.... like Mowgli from the Jungle Book.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 03:15 PM)motoarch Wrote: The Dallas star is a great example.

Its simple and easily recognizable as the Cowboys without saying it's the cowboys.  Its a really great logo.

I don't equate simple and lazy as the same thing.  

The Titans logo isn't simple and its rather bad.  Too many things going on.  Very busy and for most people not particularly recognizable or attractive.

A T that looks vaguely like a knife with 3 random stars and flames inside a circle, why?  I suppose someone will come along and explain what the meaning of all of the things are and why they have meaning but thats exactly the problem.  You have to explain it and thats assuming there is an explanation.

Yeah, it's meant to incorporate the TN state flag.

[Image: 515RedTnflag_grande_large.jpg?2584]

To be fair it looks a hell of a lot better on a helmet than the nightmare that is Maryland's flag.

[Image: 60-100-10262-2T.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'd like to see something like this.  Just add some orange stripes and put a football in her hand.

[Image: 73-731783_criminal-clipart-female-cartoo...twoman.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2022, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd like to see something like this.  Just add some orange stripes and put a football in her hand.

[Image: 73-731783_criminal-clipart-female-cartoo...twoman.png]

Makes as much sense as what the Patriots used to have on their helmets before they adopted the Elvis logo.

[Image: new-england-patriots-throwback-hats.jpg]
Reply/Quote