Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New NFL Rules BENGALS FANS Need To Know
(08-05-2017, 09:43 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: How many times do I need to tell you I can say whatever I want to say within the rules of this forum?   So telling me to "save it" is beyond your authority and not appreciated.  You're wrong about the Steelers not being favored over other teams, and you are quick to jump on it and preach incessantly, so I'm wondering what the hell your motives are.  Why defend the Steelers so much?

Whoa, what? Trust me, the last thing I'm doing here is defending the steelers so please get that notion out of your mind. Just trying to offer a different perspective. No need to get so defensive. I'm not claiming to have authority and really, you're taking it the wrong way. Im not attacking you in any way.

Maybe I am wrong about the steelers but I think it's more likely you're overreacting to how much they get away with. I've done so myself a few times in the past. They've gotten away with some, obviously. But I am not wrong about them getting called for some of their BS. They certainly do. It may not seem like it sometimes, but they absolutely do.

I just think it's more prudent to wait until they actually break said new rules before bringing up that it will happen. But yes, you can talk about whatever you want, never said you couldn't. In fact, I wasn't even addressing you personally at first. There was a vast amount of people that immediately spun the thread in a negative direction with all the "rules don't apply to the steelers" talk.

If I offended you I am truly sorry, that was not my intention. 
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 10:39 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Whoa, what? Trust me, the last thing I'm doing here is defending the steelers so please get that notion out of your mind. Just trying to offer a different perspective. No need to get so defensive. I'm not claiming to have authority and really, you're taking it the wrong way. Im not attacking you in any way.

Maybe I am wrong about the steelers but I think it's more likely you're overreacting to how much they get away with. I've done so myself a few times in the past. They've gotten away with some, obviously. But I am not wrong about them getting called for some of their BS. They certainly do. It may not seem like it sometimes, but they absolutely do.

I just think it's more prudent to wait until they actually break said new rules before bringing up that it will happen. But yes, you can talk about whatever you want, never said you couldn't. In fact, I wasn't even addressing you personally at first. There was a vast amount of people that immediately spun the thread in a negative direction with all the "rules don't apply to the steelers" talk.

If I offended you I am truly sorry, that was not my intention. 

Fair enough.  I'm the one that brought the Steelers up in the first place, which is why I assumed you were addressing me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Thanks for posting these! Great info.
Reply/Quote
What happens if a team runs the clock down to 4 seconds left in the overtime and kicks a winning field goal? Does the other team still get a full possession to tie even if the clock runs out? I know it is very unlikely but it isn't impossible. The Saints had two 10 minute drives in the same game before.
Reply/Quote
I bring this back. I've watched the Burfict hit over and over at regular speed, slow motion, stop action picture by picture. Burfict is not hitting the player with the football. The quarterback has released the ball way down field to a deep receiver as Burfict clobbers a receiver on a very short route for no reason. Lets reverse it. Lets say Dalton throws the ball way down field to Ross, AJ Green on;y 5 yards deep and no where near the long pass gets the heck knocked out of him. I posted this about the NFL rule changes before preseason. If I knew the rule changes, why don't Bengals and Burfict. I don't want to hear if he used his helmet or shoulder or the angle. It wasn't even going after the ball or a tackle, It was clobbering a player for no reason. Now I know the Steelers dirty player Hines Ward liked sucker punching players nowhere near the ball, such as breaking Rivers jaw, nowhere near the ball and after the play over. That is the GARBAGE NFL trying to get out of the game. NFL is in deep legal troubles now over allowing cheap hits, concussions and players like Daryl Stingley paralyzed.

They should have known the new rules. They should have known many times suspended Burfict was the first person refs were watching on new rules. I don't even see how fans can say good clean hit and Bengals being cheated. I've been a Bengals Fan all 50 years and I want Bengals to win more than anybody. I'll just say it. Burfict was stupid to hit the defenseless WR that was nowhere near the ball.

So there will be Cry, Cry, Cry over how unfair NFL treats Burfict, but that was a cheap hit on a player nowhere near the ball 30 yards down field. The Bengals and Burfict should have known the NFL rules if even I knew them. THE NFL EVEN SAID THEY WERE GOING TO ENFORCE NEW RULES EARLY AND OFTEN. ...add to the stupidity is that it was a preseason exhibition game, not the Super Bowl. Just a stupid dirty hit. Burfict and Bengals should know better. Burfict gets suspended so much he should just have his paycheck sent to NFL Headquarters to eliminate the middle man. He never learns. ...OK, many Bengals Fans LOVE Bufict....The NFL is getting sick of him.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 10:57 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup !!

The other thing both Bengal Fans and V. Burfict need to get used to is he will be under the microscope at all times.

a posting before preseason. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 11:33 AM)Big Boss Wrote: So Burfict's getting ejected from at least two games this year.  Good to know.

A posting before preseason. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 11:28 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: That's exactly it.  It is a totally valid point because these new rules will not be enforced for some teams, especially the Steelers.  Tyey'll go way overboard on Burfict though.  
Posted before preseason. If Bonnie knew Burfict under microscope, why didn't Burfict and Bengals ?????....There was no need to power hit a WR 30 yards away from the ball in a meaningless preseason game.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 05:50 AM)kevin Wrote: Posted before preseason. If Bonnie knew Burfict under microscope, why didn't Burfict and Bengals ?????....There was no need to power hit a WR 30 yards away from the ball in a meaningless preseason game.

Wasn't a WR.  Was a FB, who was an eligible receiver running across the middle of our defense.  How loudly have you bitched about receivers running wide open through the middle of our D?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 05:37 AM)kevin Wrote: I bring this back. I've watched the Burfict hit over and over at regular speed, slow motion, stop action picture by picture. Burfict is not hitting the player with the football. The quarterback has released the ball way down field to a deep receiver as Burfict clobbers a receiver on a very short route for no reason. Lets reverse it. Lets say Dalton throws the ball way down field to Ross, AJ Green on;y 5 yards deep and no where near the long pass gets the heck knocked out of him. I posted this about the NFL rule changes before preseason. If I knew the rule changes, why don't Bengals and Burfict. I don't want to hear if he used his helmet or shoulder or the angle. It wasn't even going after the ball or a tackle, It was clobbering a player for no reason. Now I know the Steelers dirty player Hines Ward liked sucker punching players nowhere near the ball, such as breaking Rivers jaw, nowhere near the ball and after the play over. That is the GARBAGE NFL trying to get out of the game. NFL is in deep legal troubles now over allowing cheap hits, concussions and players like Daryl Stingley paralyzed.

They should have known the new rules. They should have known many times suspended Burfict was the first person refs were watching on new rules. I don't even see how fans can say good clean hit and Bengals being cheated. I've been a Bengals Fan all 50 years and I want Bengals to win more than anybody. I'll just say it. Burfict was stupid to hit the defenseless WR that was nowhere near the ball.

So there will be Cry, Cry, Cry over how unfair NFL treats Burfict, but that was a cheap hit on a player nowhere near the ball 30 yards down field. The Bengals and Burfict should have known the NFL rules if even I knew them. THE NFL EVEN SAID THEY WERE GOING TO ENFORCE NEW RULES EARLY AND OFTEN. ...add to the stupidity is that it was a preseason exhibition game, not the Super Bowl. Just a stupid dirty hit. Burfict and Bengals should know better. Burfict gets suspended so much he should just have his paycheck sent to NFL Headquarters to eliminate the middle man. He never learns. ...OK, many Bengals Fans LOVE Bufict....The NFL is getting sick of him.
You need to watch the play again. The QB pump fakes it to the FB that Burfict clobbered.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Not illegal, doesn't launch by definition of rule and he doesn't hit the defenseless receiver in the restricted area. You can say it's unnecessary roughness but that is not a suspendable offense (and not a new rule) and should result in a fine if that is what they believe the call to be. I think Burfict has a legit chance to win the appeal. Bad optics don't make something suspendable, I think that is the first thing people have to get past. The knee jerk by media was anti Burfict, but more and more are starting to ask what rule he even broke.

Another thing people don't realize, you lose all defenseless receiver protections after you have acted like a blocker. Sherman did a check and release meaning he showed block then ran a route. In reality he could have been attempting a block down field (even if illegal downfield block) because he showed block first which is why you lose protection.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 01:12 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not illegal, doesn't launch by definition of rule and he doesn't hit the defenseless receiver in the restricted area. You can say it's unnecessary roughness but that is not a suspendable offense (and not a new rule) and should result in a fine if that is what they believe the call to be. I think Burfict has a legit chance to win the appeal. Bad optics don't make something suspendable, I think that is the first thing people have to get past. The knee jerk by media was anti Burfict, but more and more are starting to ask what rule he even broke.

Another thing people don't realize, you lose all defenseless receiver protections after you have acted like a blocker. Sherman did a check and release meaning he showed block then ran a route. In reality he could have been attempting a block down field (even if illegal downfield block) because he showed block first which is why you lose protection.

Great point. I actually was thinking that, when does a RB who chips on the play become a receiver? I think that is why the 5 yd rule is important. Clearly the FB was in that box not beyond 5 yds. Should he have knocked the snot out of the guy, I don't know that answer. I didn't see Smith pump fake as have said. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2017, 01:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Great point. I actually was thinking that, when does a RB who chips on the play become a receiver? I think that is why the 5 yd rule is important. Clearly the FB was in that box not beyond 5 yds. Should he have knocked the snot out of the guy, I don't know that answer. I didn't see Smith pump fake as have said. 

The answer is actually yes he should have knocked him out.

And here is why:

1) As stated in other threads, it starts in pop warner. When you run a route across the middle you are told to keep your head on a swivel. LBers are taught to knock you off your route and on your ass. That's football, always has been.

2) The "It's preseason" and "It was unneeded" lines are just foolish. Pre-season is still taped and still watched by other teams that scout the Bengals in up coming weeks. Guess what ever TE, WR and RB going out on a route across the middle will be thinking about when trying to catch a ball. Where the hell is 55? That hit, puts it out there and puts every other team on notice. Come across the middle, and pay for it. That...once again...is football.

3) If Burfict doesn't make a hit, let's the guy dance around free and the pass is checked down to him, it's a free 4 or 5 yards and a soft spot that every team will exploit. I want that fear in opponents, I want Gronk and Bell and any other guy that we play that is going to run a crossing route to be looking for 55 just as much as they look for the ball.

The hit was legal, and the hit was needed. The league needs to just **** off with this hatred of an enforcer on a team they don't like. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote