Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New OL Assistant
FootballScoop and local Wyoming reports say that Derek Frazier has been hired to assist Frank Pollack. What this means for Ben Martin is unclear but it doesn’t look good. Frazier has been around for a while mostly at the D1 level. He coach former All-American center and 2nd rounder Weston Richard at CSU. He assisted Pollack on the Jets squad before spending this past year as a Cowboy.

2000, Nichols College (Mass.), Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line
2001-02, Adams State (Colo.), Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line
2003-04, Fresno State, Graduate Assistant
2005, Northern Arizona, Offensive Line/Recruiting Coordinator
2006-08, Fresno State, Offensive Line
2009-11, Fresno State, Run-Game Coordinator/Offensive Line
2012-14, Colorado State, Offensive Line
2015-16, Central Michigan, Offensive Line
2017-18, Central Michigan, Run-Game Coordinator/Offensive Line
2019-20, New York Jets (NFL), Assistant Offensive Line
Reply/Quote
Hope he can help out while we add some proven, quality Free Agents to the OL...
Reply/Quote
could mean Ben is getting an internal promotion or that this new guy is an addition to the staff. We will know soon enough

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I impacts / benefits of this hire remain to be seen. While I am sure the conversations to bring him on board were occurring prior to the Super Bowl, it is good to see a hire the day after that is directly related to the weakest position group.

Hopefully we see some continued positive movement in free agency and the draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:11 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: FootballScoop and local Wyoming reports say that Derek Frazier has been hired to assist Frank Pollack. What this means for Ben Martin is unclear but it doesn’t look good. Frazier has been around for a while mostly at the D1 level. He coach former All-American center and 2nd rounder Weston Richard at CSU. He assisted Pollack on the Jets squad before spending this past year as a Cowboy.

Did they interview him during the game? That was fast

The reality it seems is Taylor fired his ol coach last year and now quickly after the super bowl makes an ol change to deflect pressure from him

Yes the line is terrible talent wise. They are not the worst in history to have the the worst performance of any team in super bowl history or this season

Taylor’s and Callahans offensive simple minded game plan of using a shot gun formation 90 percent of the time agains this pass rush with no extra back, stretch plays cut backs, pre snap movement. That deserves as much blame

Hire someone to help Taylor Callahan out in adjusting to changes the defense makes
Reply/Quote
He's familiar with Pollack, but the JET's Oline sucked under them and the Cowboys Oline struggled last year.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:37 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: Did they interview him during the game? That was fast

The reality it seems is Taylor fired his ol coach last year and now quickly after the super bowl makes an ol change to deflect pressure from him

Yes the line is terrible talent wise. They are not the worst in history to have the the worst performance of any team in super bowl history or this season

Taylor’s and Callahans offensive simple minded game plan of using a shot gun formation 90 percent of the time agains this pass rush with no extra back, stretch plays cut backs, pre snap movement. That deserves as much blame

Hire someone to help Taylor Callahan out in adjusting to changes the defense makes

I don't know why but Burrow loves those empty sets that get him sacked all the time lol
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:11 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: FootballScoop and local Wyoming reports say that Derek Frazier has been hired to assist Frank Pollack. What this means for Ben Martin is unclear but it doesn’t look good. Frazier has been around for a while mostly at the D1 level. He coach former All-American center and 2nd rounder Weston Richard at CSU. He assisted Pollack on the Jets squad before spending this past year as a Cowboy.

I personally would have had Callahan drag his father after out of retirement. And come here as an assistant. Jr Callahan and Taylor still have a lot to learn
Reply/Quote
Ha. I had a side hustle doing security at CMU games while this dude was there.

Fun times.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Wouldnt mind seeing a new OL coach too
Reply/Quote
Was maybe Pollack will be a short lease with the assistant taking over early if we continue the terrible line play next year
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: He's familiar with Pollack, but the JET's Oline sucked under them and the Cowboys Oline struggled last year.....

I think it's the Wyoming Cowboys.  Or maybe you are familiar with them and were speaking on them. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I think it's the Wyoming Cowboys.  Or maybe you are familiar with them and were speaking on them. LOL

I just saw Cowboys and thought maybe that's where his connection with Pollack started lol

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
We need to hire an OLINE SCOUT.

Other than Jonah we are on a 10 year drought. 2 1st Round busts that should have been key vets on this team.
Reply/Quote
Let’s just draft/sign a couple of O linemen who are so good that their coach won’t really have an impact on how well they play. I know their are different schemes that teams run but do you think it matters who coaches Trent Williams or Quinton Nelson?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: I just saw Cowboys and thought maybe that's where his connection with Pollack started lol

Someone on here is a Wyoming fan but I can’t remember who. Might be a fan from a different team.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:48 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: I personally would have had Callahan drag his father after out of retirement. And come here as an assistant. Jr Callahan and Taylor still have a lot to learn

Bill Callahan coaches the Browns OL.

Reply/Quote
^ That line is STOUT too.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 11:50 PM)Whacked Wrote: ^ That line is STOUT too.

Well yeah, they spent an absolute fortune on it. Give Pollack anything close to that he’ll get similar results.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 02:37 PM)Oasis5055 Wrote: Did they interview him during the game? That was fast

I think that's more of a Burrow thing. When we do protect, he seems to shine in that. You've got to adapt as a team, sure, but if Burrow got half as much production and got sacked half as much, I think people would still be upset we weren't utilizing him right.

If we want Burrow to be Burrow, then the only answer is to keep the same offensive plan, but give him a line. And I'm good with that.
Reply/Quote