Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New PnR Moderator
[Image: popcorn_gus.gif]
(07-26-2015, 03:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've not taken any action against you or Lucie in my capacity as a mod, but even if there is no abuse of power in that regard the perception can be created. 

I think this is a dynamic of society as a whole. There is a current topic on here about a Sheriffs Department having a sticker supporting God on their vehicles. A perception that they would not protect justly was quickly created.

My original stance was a moderator should not be a frequent member of the forum and that has not changed. Do not confuse this with passive moderation; as I think it should be move active. 

Personal insults should be moderated and moderated if the same folks continue to use the tactic. I disagree with the "snitching" approach.   
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-26-2015, 03:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Where did I say he did a bad job? He did as good of a job that anyone could in the situation, he was just in a bad position IMO. I'm sure it came to a head when he called a fellow member a liar; just happened to coincide with his increased workload.

I have always said the Moderator should be someone that is not an active member of this forum. Matter of fact Matt's assertion that he will be here less makes him a better candidate IMO and I see no reason to step down if it is simply a matter of time and we can just PM if there is any need.

Rolleyes

[Image: Office-Space-gif.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
any moderation should be passive, this forum handles tough topics, and are at times questionable ones as well. That's the basis of the board. Sometimes people who aren't on this board regularly forget thats the case here.

If we can not have discussions on controversial topics here then where on the board can we have them? It's easy to say let it go unmoderated but the fact is to "moderate" this board you need to know the culture. Which is why I think it's best to have a dedicate moderator who is passive. Maybe even 2. Based on Matt's post it seems he would have benefited to have some help given time.

As far as any questions about my behavior on the boards ... Yes I am not afraid of tackling a controversial topic for the sake of discussion. I think the board is a better place when we have these types of back and forth. I also think that many here know that just because you discuss controversial things does not mean there is hate in anyone's heart on this board.

Fact is that we have points of agreement on many things. And everytime we disagree I know we are that much closer to our next point of agreement.

Thank you to everyone who has recommended me for the position. I know that holic will make the best descison for the board. .
(07-26-2015, 03:49 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: [Image: popcorn_gus.gif]

[Image: 35c.jpg]
(07-26-2015, 03:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'd be lying if I said the ability for you and Lucie to push my buttons so easily as of late didn't play into my decision, but it was maybe 2% if that. What it did lead me to was my assertion that this forum would be best moderated by someone on the current mod team relying only on reports and such. I've not taken any action against you or Lucie in my capacity as a mod, but even if there is no abuse of power in that regard the perception can be created. I've been thinking a lot about perceptions as of late because of my classes taking me away from work during the week and the perception that creates as a manager in my department. It just caused me to think more about this as well.

I haven't felt that you have singled me out at any point in your moderation. You have promptly answered any questions when I had them, which I have appreciated.

The fact that you knew the culture was a benefit.

Sorry to see you go, but hopefully you will be around when your able.
(07-26-2015, 03:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Thank you to the two far right wing nuts who have recommended me for the position.   I know that holic will make the best descison for the board.  .

FTFY

Quite honestly it boggles the mind that anyone would even consider nominating a troll to be a mod.  He's been more subtle about it over here but the fact that some of you don't realize that Lucie is a troll is both amusing and frightening.  Of course, given the revelation made at the very end of the old board's existence it's not surprising that Bonniebengal is one of the two people supporting a troll for mod.
(07-26-2015, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: FTFY

Quite honestly it boggles the mind that anyone would even consider nominating a troll to be a mod.  He's been more subtle about it over here but the fact that some of you don't realize that Lucie is a troll is both amusing and frightening.  Of course, given the revelation made at the very end of the old board's existence it's not surprising that Bonniebengal is one of the two people supporting a troll for mod.

Oooohhhh....tell me!!  I missed that!  Tongue
(07-26-2015, 06:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: FTFY

Revelation?  You mean that fiction that I'm not a real person that some actual troll posted on a board that boasts the membership of 3 whole people?  I am a real person.  That's easy enough to prove.  I'll be in Cincy next month, and also in November.  Would any doubters like to meet me and my husband so you can see I'm real?  I grew up in Cincy and I went to Northwest.  I'm real.

As far as your ridiculous troll comment, I think troll is in the eye of the beholder.
(07-26-2015, 06:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oooohhhh....tell me!!  I missed that!  Tongue

Some jerk posted that he made up a whole bunch of user names and said one of them is me.  It's not true.  
(07-26-2015, 06:36 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Some jerk posted that he made up a whole bunch of user names and said one of them is me.  It's not true.  

One thing I know....is not to believe someone who gets their kicks out of fooling anonymous people.  It's incredibly easy.  I could make a new username and I think that I'm creative enough to make it convincing.  I don't because it just doesn't seem that difficult.  It seems time consuming, and I don't think the level of fun would be worth it.  No offense to anyone, but if you really think that you know someone based on things said on the internet, you're a moron.

So some dude said that one of his alternate usernames was Bonnie.  So what?  He's said that some of his alternate usernames were a few dozen different people from the old boards.  Some of them are true, no doubt....but I'm pretty damned sure that some of them are a lie.  I just don't care anymore.  I know that I'm probably being fooled by some of you people, but at least you entertain me while you're fooling me.

Wise man once said...don't trust anyone you meet on the internet.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(07-26-2015, 06:57 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: One thing I know....is not to believe someone who gets their kicks out of fooling anonymous people.  It's incredibly easy.  I could make a new username and I think that I'm creative enough to make it convincing.  I don't because it just doesn't seem that difficult.  It seems time consuming, and I don't think the level of fun would be worth it.  No offense to anyone, but if you really think that you know someone based on things said on the internet, you're a moron.

So some dude said that one of his alternate usernames was Bonnie.  So what?  He's said that some of his alternate usernames were a few dozen different people from the old boards.  Some of them are true, no doubt....but I'm pretty damned sure that some of them are a lie.  I just don't care anymore.  I know that I'm probably being fooled by some of you people, but at least you entertain me while you're fooling me.

I'm pretty sure I'm real.  My husband, son, and grandson seem to think so.  Like I said I'll be in Cincy next month if anyone wants proof.
(07-26-2015, 06:36 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Some jerk posted that he made up a whole bunch of user names and said one of them is me.  It's not true.  

Yeah some jokers here have called me about 5 different names. I guess it's absurd that more than a handful of people have a conservative view of government. They waste time playing detective instead of reinforcing their beliefs with supporting information.

When they do that it just means they know they lost that go around.
(07-26-2015, 06:57 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: One thing I know....is not to believe someone who gets their kicks out of fooling anonymous people.  It's incredibly easy.  I could make a new username and I think that I'm creative enough to make it convincing.  I don't because it just doesn't seem that difficult.  It seems time consuming, and I don't think the level of fun would be worth it.  No offense to anyone, but if you really think that you know someone based on things said on the internet, you're a moron.

Good post JC. I Agree with you.
(07-26-2015, 06:34 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Revelation?  You mean that fiction that I'm not a real person that some actual troll posted on a board that boasts the membership of 3 whole people?  I am a real person.  That's easy enough to prove.  I'll be in Cincy next month, and also in November.  Would any doubters like to meet me and my husband so you can see I'm real?  I grew up in Cincy and I went to Northwest.  I'm real.  

As far as your ridiculous troll comment, I think troll is in the eye of the beholder.

No, trolling is a rather specific group of actions, it's not really that subjective.  I can be abrasive and condescending, I've also trolled people on the old board, but I'm not a troll as my main focus in posting is not to disrupt or agitate.  Why Lucie is a troll is well documented by anyone who posted on the old board, the coincidences and posting styles are just blindingly obvious to anyone with a brain in their head.  Since you didn't post in the old P&R section, because of the gang of "like minded" meanies, maybe you have no frame of reference? 

As to whether you're a troll account or genuine, I don't really care.  I do know that the "revelation" contained a lot of truth.

Pretty much this.  I always found it amusing when bfine, dabo and others would try and hurt my internet feeling by claiming I was lying about working in law enforcement.  Why would anyone care if some random they'll never meet believes them or not? 
(07-26-2015, 07:18 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, trolling is a rather specific group of actions, it's not really that subjective.  I can be abrasive and condescending, I've also trolled people on the old board, but I'm not a troll as my main focus in posting is not to disrupt or agitate.  Why Lucie is a troll is well documented by anyone who posted on the old board, the coincidences and posting styles are just blindingly obvious to anyone with a brain in their head.  Since you didn't post in the old P&R section, because of the gang of "like minded" meanies, maybe you have no frame of reference? 

As to whether you're a troll account or genuine, I don't really care.  I do know that the "revelation" contained a lot of truth.

Pretty much this.  I always found it amusing when bfine, dabo and others would try and hurt my internet feeling by claiming I was lying about working in law enforcement.  Why would anyone care if some random they'll never meet believes them or not? 

The only difference to my posts on the old board and here is that now everyone is used to the fact that I am willing to discuss almost any topic. It was obvious the previous board's style was to just overwhelm any conservative poster until they just gave up. Then attacking them personally. It was very clear when I started posting there when other conservative posters PM'd me about the state of the board and how we weren't welcome for the most part. And to get ready for personal attacks.

I was a late poster to the old boards. I would now and again post on game day and in JN.

As for PnR ... I will happily discuss any issue, I don't feel like anything is off limits in there.... I don't care for the insults to families, and I don't mind a hard hitting spirited debate on topic. I do wish some would stay more civil...

Speaking on topic about an issue isn't trolling, or being uncivil.... Calling posters names and attacking their families is being a troll and uncivil.

There are a handful of people here who are like that.... 99% of everyone here are civil and really enhance the board with productive insight.
(07-26-2015, 07:06 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I'm pretty sure I'm real.  My husband, son, and grandson seem to think so.  Like I said I'll be in Cincy next month if anyone wants proof.

No offense, Bonnie, but I don't care whether "BonnieBengal" is a genuine persona or a troll account.  It isn't of any consequence to me.  There are two people on these forums who I know for a fact are who they say they are, and that's because I've met them in person.  One is Griever, and the other is myself (although, I guess I didn't really "meet" myself).  Everyone else is a mystery. 

I will say this....the guy that said he was really you, has said a shit ton of other things that were proven lies, so I don't take much out of him saying that he has other accounts.
LFG  

(07-26-2015, 07:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: As for PnR ...  I will happily discuss any issue, I don't feel like anything is off limits in there....  I don't care for the insults to families,  and I don't mind a hard hitting spirited debate on topic.   I do wish some would stay more civil...  

Speaking on topic about an issue isn't trolling, or being uncivil.... Calling posters names and attacking their families is being a troll and uncivil.  

There are a handful of people here who are like that.... 99% of everyone here are civil and really enhance the board with productive insight.
I'll agree with you here.  I've seen people make some pretty mean-spirited personal attacks on your family, and that is a line that I think should not be crossed.  If I see that happen, even if it's one of the guys that I typically agree with, I'll call them on it.  Letting it go unchecked will just cause it to snowball out of control.
I do think that most people are not overly attacking though.  There are abrasive personalities, for sure, on both sides.  Most of the stuff, I can take though, and if I can take it, I'll probably dish it out from time to time as well, even if it's a borderline violation.
LFG  

(07-26-2015, 07:36 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The only difference to my posts on the old board and here is that now everyone is used to the fact that I am willing to discuss almost any topic.   It was obvious the previous board's style was to just overwhelm any conservative poster until they just gave up.   Then attacking them personally.   It was very clear when I started posting there when other conservative posters PM'd me about the state of the board and how we weren't welcome for the most part.   And to get ready for personal attacks.  

I was a late poster to the old boards.   I would now and again post on game day and in JN.  

As for PnR ...  I will happily discuss any issue, I don't feel like anything is off limits in there....  I don't care for the insults to families,  and I don't mind a hard hitting spirited debate on topic.   I do wish some would stay more civil...  

I love that you pretend to be ignorant of why I've labeled you a troll.  Even if you aren't the person who mysteriously disappeared after posting numerous racist pictures literally the day before you started to post in P&R for the first time ever you're still a troll.  You've been flat out proven wrong, with citations and sources, on certain issues and continue to repeat the same drivel.  This equals troll.  I could go on but I don't honestly care enough to bother.

Lastly, calling names is uncivil, it's not necessarily trolling.  I trolled the hell out of dabo, which led to his getting banned, without using a single word of profanity.
(07-26-2015, 07:43 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'll agree with you here.  I've seen people make some pretty mean-spirited personal attacks on your family, and that is a line that I think should not be crossed.  If I see that happen, even if it's one of the guys that I typically agree with, I'll call them on it.  Letting it go unchecked will just cause it to snowball out of control.
I do think that most people are not overly attacking though.  There are abrasive personalities, for sure, on both sides.  Most of the stuff, I can take though, and if I can take it, I'll probably dish it out from time to time as well, even if it's a borderline violation.

You have been a stand up guy JC. A real credit to the board. I enjoy when you weigh in on topics even when it's most likely we don't see eye to eye.

Any of us can take a jab now and again. That's part of being a man.