Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(01-26-2021, 03:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's still in its infancy, but it can be used to treat cancer and slow the growth of some cancers.

What I was thinking, though, is it is used to help people going through chemotherapy and other treatments because it helps with pain and can also help people have an appetite (munchies).  

It definitely has some use cases, though depending on where you look you will find varying answers on the ability to treat pain. Regardless, yes, I was just wanting to point out it doesn't cure cancer. It has possible use cases within the process of treating cancer. It's an important distinction to make. Unfortunately, we don't have a surefire way to cure cancer just yet. 

To your last point specifically, I have absolutely heard that it helps patients going through chemo so I am all for that. Chemo is so brutal.
Reply/Quote
I’ve never heard one person say they think it should be illegal. To a person- everyone says it should be legal.

So what’s really going on?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 06:45 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I’ve never heard one person say they think it should be illegal. To a person- everyone says it should be legal.

I only personally know 2 people that voted for Trump. Yet 74 million did. It's a big world out there.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 07:09 PM)jason Wrote: I only personally know 2 people that voted for Trump. Yet 74 million did. It's a big world out there.

This is why I stay outta here these days.

First, the op asked to keep that name outta the thread.

Second, your reply is just stupid and doesn’t deserve even this reply.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 08:04 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: This is why I stay outta here these days.

Who's stupid? The point was not everyone thinks like your circle of friends. Or mine. A lot of people think marijuana should be illegal. Walk you through it enough now?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 08:04 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: This is why I stay outta here these days.

Thank you.  Please guys, don't make this political.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How did I know there would be name calling eventually? "Come on man".
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 06:45 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I’ve never heard one person say they think it should be illegal. To a person- everyone says it should be legal.

What do you think? You're talking about a multi-million dollar industry. 
Big Groups want control and make nice donations to Politicians to "legalize" but with restrictions that fit their agenda and not the public's.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 08:33 PM)jason Wrote: Who's stupid? The point was not everyone thinks like your circle of friends. Or mine. A lot of people think marijuana should be illegal. Walk you through it enough now?

I didn’t say you were stupid- I said that post was- because you’re just arguing to argue.

Do we need to take a poll? How many people do you know that thinks weed should be illegal? I’d bet not one person.

Just to get out ahead of it- I’m not talking about CBD or medical marijuana or which big pharma should be able to grow and distribute it- I’m talking about just weed as we’ve known it for thousands of years. Nobody thinks it should be illegal.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 06:50 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I didn’t say you were stupid- I said that post was- because you’re just arguing to argue.

Do we need to take a poll? How many people do you know that thinks weed should be illegal? I’d bet not one person.

Just to get out ahead of it- I’m not talking about CBD or medical marijuana or which big pharma should be able to grow and distribute it- I’m talking about just weed as we’ve known it for thousands of years. Nobody thinks it should be illegal.

There are people out there that think it should be illegal. I know people who still think that prohibition should never have been repealed. I know a lot of people that don't think marijuana should be legal, and not all of them are just because of ignorance (though that is a good chunk of them).
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 07:47 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There are people out there that think it should be illegal. I know people who still think that prohibition should never have been repealed. I know a lot of people that don't think marijuana should be legal, and not all of them are just because of ignorance (though that is a good chunk of them).

Ok- I get it. I’m making an absolute statement. In plain language though- I’m just generalizing. I’m not dumb. I know people think it should be illegal. But only a very small percentage- that it doesn’t matter. And by saying it doesn’t matter- I’m not invalidating their opinion.

Every single phrase shouldn’t have to be explained.

Some people think weed should be illegal. So let’s keep illegal- K?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 08:10 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Ok- I get it. I’m making an absolute statement. In plain language though- I’m just generalizing. I’m not dumb. I know people think it should be illegal. But only a very small percentage- that it doesn’t matter. And by saying it doesn’t matter- I’m not invalidating their opinion.

Every single phrase shouldn’t have to be explained.

Some people think weed should be illegal. So let’s keep illegal- K?

The last [reputable] survey I saw on it had the favorability for legalization of recreational pot at about two-thirds. So, it is definitely a minority that thinks it should be illegal. That being said, we've also had a government controlled by the minority for the past four years, so it isn't surprising that the minority would be keeping it illegal for so long.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Well, I live in Anchorage(Democratic) and run a radio station 45 miles north smack dab in the middle of Redneckistan. They had to have a special vote to allow pot shops in the Mat-Su borough because the Republican voters wouldn't allow them in the city limits of Wasilla and Palmer.
https://www.alaskajournal.com/2016-01-27/wasilla-says-no-marijuana-shops

All shops and growers are outside of the city limits so now Wasilla and Palmer get zero tax money of a booming business regulated with high taxes. I laughed my ass off when they threw a fit when their property values went up only so they could raise enough taxes to cover the budget. I have 6 pot shops within a half of a mile of where I live in Anchorage.

There are plenty of dumb people that don't want other people to have access to recreational or medicinal marijuana that's legal, most of them gather together on Sundays and it's not to watch football.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote