Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Truck and I love it so far
Are those wheels stock?

All I would do is tint the front windows and add a spotlight for hunting.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2020, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are those wheels stock?

All I would do is tint the front windows and add a spotlight for hunting.

Yeah the wheels are stock on the model I bought and I really like them.  

A lot of the same year Rangers have a chrome appearance package (chrome around the grill and bumpers and chrome wheels) and I didn't like the way it looks..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 04:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Fender flairs, you will need bigger tires. If you stay with stock tires and add fender flairs, you will look like a city slicker that doesn't know what he's doing.  Hilarious   Then if you get bigger tires, you'll need to add a leveling kit so the tires fit in front. We can easily get your truck up to around 50K!!   Tongue

Haha, yeah I was just looking at options. I'm fine with the tire size. I can see where things could get expensive fast. Fact is, I'm just a suburban "city slicker". I wanted a truck to make it easier for home projects.. hauling lumber, landscape blocks, mulch and such. My old compact car wasn't so good for that. :)

(06-03-2020, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I like my trucks to be low-key badass.  For example, the '06 F-150 that I had for 12 years, had a hyper chip installed.  It maximized torque and shift points, etc., and also gave me better mileage when I kept my foot off the gas.  Man, that chipped out 5.4L would get down..  Anyway, I had no "visual" upgrades installed to hint it was anything other than just another work truck.  It always amused me, when some young dude in a stupid looking slouched truck, loud exhaust, obligatory stupid looking decals on the back window would give me "the look" at a stop light, and then look so agitated when I would just leave them in their own exhaust fumes.

Good times..

I agree, the more I look at my truck and drive it the more I like it stock aside from wanting door sill protectors. It will fit my needs and looks low-key badass to me. I'm not planning to race anyone from the lights. I'm too old for that and don't care if another car beats me off the line. But after testing while merging onto the Interstate, it can get up and go when if I want it to. I'm just going to enjoy having it and using it for what I need. :)

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2020, 04:58 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Haha, yeah I was just looking at options. I'm fine with the tire size. I can see where things could get expensive fast. Fact is, I'm just a suburban "city slicker". I wanted a truck to make it easier for home projects.. hauling lumber, landscape blocks, mulch and such. My old compact car wasn't so good for that. :)

I agree, the more I look at my truck and drive it the more I like it stock aside from wanting door sill protectors. It will fit my needs and looks low-key badass to me. I'm not planning to race anyone from the lights. I'm too old for that and don't care if another car beats me off the line. I'm just going to enjoy having it and using it for what I need. :)

When it comes to tires, size matters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2020, 04:58 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Haha, yeah I was just looking at options.  I'm fine with the tire size.   I can see where things could get expensive fast.  Fact is, I'm just a suburban "city slicker".  I wanted a truck to make it easier for home projects.. hauling lumber, landscape blocks, mulch and such.  My old compact car wasn't so good for that.  :)

I agree, the more I look at my truck and drive it the more I like it stock aside from wanting door sill protectors.   It will fit my needs and looks low-key badass to me.  I'm not planning to race anyone from the lights.  I'm too old for that and don't care if another car beats me off the line. But after testing while merging onto the Interstate, it can get up and go when if I want it to.   I'm just going to enjoy having it and using it for what I need.  :)

Welcome to Eco-Bust!!! My run round car has the 3.2 Eco bust. Fun and quick!
Reply/Quote
Enjoy your toys. I'd rather have an old GMC with an 8 foot bed, standard transmission with a distributor with points I can reset in 15 minutes.  Damn..I miss my old 1974 Toyota Celica GT with the 18RC engine. Now that was a car you could drive off a mountain side in flames and it would still run when you reached the bottom.. Ok, it wasn't a truck, but it was pretty damn close to indestructable.. lol  if it hadn't just rusted to a pile of grit I'd probably still be driving it.. 
Where did 8 foot pickup beds disappear to anyway?  Everyone should own at least one great 40 year old truck with a standard transmission with a granny gear that slips out of 2nd gear in their lifetime..lol Your left leg gets stronger than the right and only other old guys will get the joke. Lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Had an 01 Ranger 4WD extra cab with the factory flip bed cover. One of my favorite vehicles. Was a smooth ride, ok gas mileage and even though it was a six cylinder I never had a power problem. I'd probably still have the truck but couldn't put two car seats in it correctly, so traded it on an Explorer. When I buy another vehicle, I'll be giving the Rangers a look.

Congratulations!
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2020, 04:50 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Here on the west coast, we call that a "California Lift".... Agree dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Dumbest thing I ever saw on a vehicle was flames painted on the side and gold door handles and gold everything that ever might have been chrome at some point in time on a beat to sh*t Chevy Chevette..even gold rims on a $200 car with $10 used, bald tires. Lol
The ONLY reason that car should have ever had flames is if it was actually on fire..
But hey..in the immortal words of every ***** that ever had a pile of crap painted at Earl Schribes.."It's gonna be a classic someday!"   Just for the record I used to paint cars for Uncle Earl.. lol 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2020, 06:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: Enjoy your toys. I'd rather have an old GMC with an 8 foot bed, standard transmission with a distributor with points I can reset in 15 minutes.  Damn..I miss my old 1974 Toyota Celica GT with the 18RC engine. Now that was a car you could drive off a mountain side in flames and it would still run when you reached the bottom.. Ok, it wasn't a truck, but it was pretty damn close to indestructable.. lol  if it hadn't just rusted to a pile of grit I'd probably still be driving it.. 
Where did 8 foot pickup beds disappear to anyway?  Everyone should own at least one great 40 year old truck with a standard transmission with a granny gear that slips out of 2nd gear in their lifetime..lol Your left leg gets stronger than the right and only other old guys will get the joke. Lol

I bought a new truck in 2011 I was very picky and it took a while to find. It's a F250 8 foot bed regular cab standard transmission... It even has crank windows lol.

Difference is my truck is still under 40k miles even though I've had it almost a decade. I bet George's is going to be an everyday driver.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote